SU in Business Section

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by k.papai, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    Boston Globe will be covering Matt DeCanio and publishing some photos
    too. Should be interesting.

    Jose C. "tells all" and gets on 60 Minutes twice this week, but the
    more worthy endeavor, the Globe, gets to cover Matt.

    Word.

    -Ken
     
    Tags:


  2. "k.papai" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Boston Globe will be covering Matt DeCanio and publishing some photos
    > too. Should be interesting.
    > -Ken



    what day?
    e-RICHIE
     
  3. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    They want to know the skinny on Mr Marblehead. Local boy goes bad
    angle. That is all I can share for now.

    cp
     
  4. k.papai wrote:

    > Boston Globe will be covering Matt DeCanio and publishing some photos
    > too. Should be interesting.
    >
    > Jose C. "tells all" and gets on 60 Minutes twice this week, but the
    > more worthy endeavor, the Globe, gets to cover Matt.
    >
    > Word.
    >
    > -Ken
    >


    What's the angle? Maybe's he's convinced the Business editor at the
    Globe that he's actually a fashion designer just because he has some
    pictures of anorexic giraffes on his website - a website which changes
    its business theme every other week.

    Quote from SU.com:

    -------

    "Do you really want to take drugs? They will make your balls fall off.
    You will have to get a ball implant. They might screw up and give
    you a Double D testicle and you will have to buy a wheel barrel and hire
    a Sherpa to carry your balls for you. Don't take drugs they will ruin
    your health. You can win the battle against drugs with will power and a
    strong heart."

    --------

    Isn't Matt forgetting the part about Canseco, Bonds, McGuire making $20+
    million and guys like Museeuw, Bugno, and Hamilton getting their
    millions and gold medals from TAKING dope.

    Who is Matt talking about with the wheelbarrow balls anyway - Ernie Lechuga?

    Thanks,

    Magilla
     
  5. matt PRO, you'd better be careful what you say about Tyler. He might
    be very interested in taking your urban clothing company off your
    hands.

    Just make sure you talk about what you know, and not what you think you
    know.
     
  6. Decanio hasn't been suspended (he just says they've told him he will
    be). USADA is still saying "no comment". Lets deal with facts Matt.
     
  7. [email protected] wrote:

    > Decanio hasn't been suspended (he just says they've told him he will
    > be). USADA is still saying "no comment". Lets deal with facts Matt.
    >


    The suspension will be announced soon. Not that it matters - no team
    will touch him now.

    Good luck with the #13 T-shirt fashion "company" and the delusional
    COMMANDER bullshit, Matty!

    Magilla
     
  8. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    "what day?
    e-RICHIE "

    My best guess? Between this Friday and next Tuesday.

    I am hoping they use one or more of my photos. I've spoken with the
    Globe reporter and their photo editor. I am sure Matt will help OK the
    images. Time will tell.

    -Ken
     
  9. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Suck it Monkey Boy
     
  10. crit PRO wrote:

    > Suck it Monkey Boy



    Go make some more $15 T-shirts at your fashion "company," doper Matty.

    Magilla
     
  11. Magilla,

    How many times have you drafted behind a support vehicle, or gotten a
    free lap simply because you fell on top of a bunch of other guys (but
    had no damage to you or your bike)? How many times have you crossed
    the center line to get to the front before the climb (and not gotten
    caught)? How many times have you ridden in the slipstream of the rider
    who just passed you in a time trial? How many times have you taken an
    "up-time"? How many times have you crossed the stayers line while
    sprinting on the track? How many times have you taken an illegal feed
    while not in the designated feed zone?

    Let he who is without a cheat in his past, cast the first suspension.
     
  12. [email protected] wrote:

    > Magilla,
    >
    > How many times have you drafted behind a support vehicle, or gotten a
    > free lap simply because you fell on top of a bunch of other guys (but
    > had no damage to you or your bike)? How many times have you crossed
    > the center line to get to the front before the climb (and not gotten
    > caught)? How many times have you ridden in the slipstream of the rider
    > who just passed you in a time trial? How many times have you taken an
    > "up-time"? How many times have you crossed the stayers line while
    > sprinting on the track? How many times have you taken an illegal feed
    > while not in the designated feed zone?
    >
    > Let he who is without a cheat in his past, cast the first suspension.
    >


    You're bizarre. Decanio will be suspended by USADA for doping and he
    makes $15 T-shirts which he calls an urban fashion company.

    Everything you say is irrelevant to those facts.

    Magilla
     
  13. [email protected] wrote:
    > Magilla,
    >
    > How many times have you drafted behind a support vehicle, or gotten a
    > free lap simply because you fell on top of a bunch of other guys (but
    > had no damage to you or your bike)? How many times have you crossed
    > the center line to get to the front before the climb (and not gotten
    > caught)? How many times have you ridden in the slipstream of the

    rider
    > who just passed you in a time trial? How many times have you taken

    an
    > "up-time"? How many times have you crossed the stayers line while
    > sprinting on the track? How many times have you taken an illegal

    feed
    > while not in the designated feed zone?
    >
    > Let he who is without a cheat in his past, cast the first suspension.


    I never did any of those things.

    Is it really so inconceivable that some of us don't cheat?

    -RJ
     
  14. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    Crossing a center line is NOT cheating unless you do it deliberately
    and with intention to gain an advantage.

    Being penalized DOES NOT mean you were caught cheating. Sometimes you
    break a rule without intent. That certainly happens miss kaiser.

    -Ken
     
  15. Papai, in your gargantuan industrial park crit career, I can imagine
    that you have not cheated much. But anyone who has raced a substantial
    amount of time has done at least 75% of what I listed. Surely every
    pro has crossed the center line in a subtle attempt to move up. They
    certainly have all taken illegal feeds, and the free-lap rule is abused
    in almost every race. Most of the older riders who raced as juniors
    can remember deflating their tires so they'd pass roll-out with a 53x15
    gear. And there are even regulars in this group whom I've whizzed past
    in TT's that have immediately gotten on my wheel to prevent losing more
    time. Davis Phinney was a cheater, Andy Paulin too. Kiefel?
    Definitely. Grewal? Big time.

    And all the Cat 1's know what I'm talkin about, because if you're on a
    decent team, you know that you spend time in the group just (illegally)
    shoving "lesser" riders out of the the way to assist in moving your top
    people into position.

    You ALL cheat. Decanio, Waddell...All of you.

    I just thinks it's funny that you consider your own cheats to be of
    lesser consequence than Decanio's.
     
  16. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    " Papai, in your gargantuan industrial park crit career, I can imagine
    that you have not cheated much. But anyone who has raced a substantial
    amount of time has done at least 75% of what I listed. Surely every
    pro has crossed the center line in a subtle attempt to move up. They
    certainly have all taken illegal feeds, and the free-lap rule is abused
    in almost every race. Most of the older riders who raced as juniors
    can remember deflating their tires so they'd pass roll-out with a 53x15
    gear. And there are even regulars in this group whom I've whizzed past
    in TT's that have immediately gotten on my wheel to prevent losing more
    time. Davis Phinney was a cheater, Andy Paulin too. Kiefel?
    Definitely. Grewal? Big time"

    So doing road races in many parts of the states, sometimes on roads
    that would rival P-R cobbles, also counts as an "industrial park crit"
    career. You're bizarre but then who am I to judge? You hide behind
    your witty non-de-plume and can smoke all of us.

    Good for you.

    Good for freakin' you.

    Stay hidden. Don't embarrass yourself by coming out man.

    -Ken
     
  17. You tell him Pappy.. You have surely cheated in a Road Races too, and F
    him for using a fake name. I'm with you.

    RVD

    Never Cheated...Except I might have gotten drafted back to the pack
    after a flat once or twice, maybe taken one or two illegal feeds, I
    might have held on to a follow car but only when I needed to, maybe
    abused the free lap rule after a "crash", maybe sat up after leading
    someone out and that might have hendered someones path, maybe pushed
    someone out in a corner, oh I might have a cut a course or two passing
    someone in crit, I might have taken my hands off the bars and
    accidently hit someone or pulled someone jersey,maybe one or two hang
    slings, started a crit with both feet clipped in, but I can guarantee
    you I have NEVER DOPED, so I am no cheat.
     
  18. [email protected] wrote:
    > Papai, in your gargantuan industrial park crit career, I can imagine
    > that you have not cheated much. But anyone who has raced a

    substantial
    > amount of time has done at least 75% of what I listed. Surely every
    > pro has crossed the center line in a subtle attempt to move up. They
    > certainly have all taken illegal feeds, and the free-lap rule is

    abused
    > in almost every race. Most of the older riders who raced as juniors
    > can remember deflating their tires so they'd pass roll-out with a

    53x15
    > gear. And there are even regulars in this group whom I've whizzed

    past
    > in TT's that have immediately gotten on my wheel to prevent losing

    more
    > time. Davis Phinney was a cheater, Andy Paulin too. Kiefel?
    > Definitely. Grewal? Big time.
    >
    > And all the Cat 1's know what I'm talkin about, because if you're on

    a
    > decent team, you know that you spend time in the group just

    (illegally)
    > shoving "lesser" riders out of the the way to assist in moving your

    top
    > people into position.
    >
    > You ALL cheat. Decanio, Waddell...All of you.


    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA horsey. I'm not sure who you are or
    what you are implying, but you need to check your facts smarty. I
    really don't you need to be putting ME in the same class as Matt. That
    dude has some issues to deal with...and I hope he gets them resolved.

    I on the other hand am retired from racing, going to school full-time
    and enjoying riding my bike again. I think I am owed a retraction from
    you for your insult and unfounded accusation.

    thanks,
    jason
    ps: just when you think your out, they pull you back in...
     
  19. So you do "cheat", but you don't dope, so you are not a "cheater".
    Ahh, so you are the judge of who gets lumped into what category.
    Dopers are cheaters, but people who abuse the free-lap rule for a
    little rest-stop are OK?

    Now I get it.
     
  20. No I didn't cheat because I didn't get caught. If I got caught then it
    would have been cheating.

    RVD
     
Loading...
Loading...