Subaru Interactive @ Docklands Melbourne 12hr MTB Enduro

snozza

New Member
May 24, 2004
Late Entries Fees Start Tomorrow :eek:
Enter now to save yourself $$$

Subaru Interactive @ Docklands Melbourne 12hr Enduro
It is an off road endurance mountain bike race for solo nutters, or relay teams of either 2,3,4 or 6 people made up of any level of ability.
:) If you own a mountain bike then this event is for you. :)

www.fullgaspromotions.com.au

snozza wrote:
> Late Entries Fees Start Tomorrow :eek:
> Enter now to save yourself $$$
>
> Subaru Interactive @ Docklands Melbourne 12hr Enduro
> It is an off road endurance mountain bike race for solo nutters, or
> relay teams of either 2,3,4 or 6 people made up of any level of
> ability.
> :) If you own a mountain bike then this event is for you. :)
>
> www.fullgaspromotions.com.au

Docklands?? Where's the course. I wouldn't be entering but wouldn't mind
riding down to have a look.

DaveB

Werribee. ( the less glamourous end of 'Docklands' ;) )

The 'Docklands' bit is part of the sponcer name.
Although the car yard at Subaru Docklands does have a rock-garden in it......

Marx SS wrote:
> Werribee. ( -the less glamourous end of 'Docklands' - ;) )
>
> The 'Docklands' bit is part of the sponcer name.
> Although the car yard at Subaru Docklands does have a rock-garden in
> it......

And it's quite close to the westgate dirt crits course

Marx SS said:
Werribee. ( the less glamourous end of 'Docklands' ;) )

The 'Docklands' bit is part of the sponcer name.
Although the car yard at Subaru Docklands does have a rock-garden in it......

the interactive bit refers to a trials demo where riders hop from subaru to subaru in the yard :p

I'm locked in for a 3 man team.
Brin g a spare pair of socks, I think last year there were 2x creek crossing per lap......

Marx SS said:
I'm locked in for a 3 man team.
Brin g a spare pair of socks, I think last year there were 2x creek crossing per lap......
Two creek crossings? Try four. Every lap.

Far out Brussel Sprout! Kona 12hr... Now thats a way to wreck ones self good & proper! I had a glimpse of what my twilight years are going to feel like Sunday morning. Very sore. I think I asked just about every muscle in my body to give. This went towards a 5th in the 'Paired Male' cat with my mate. I'm WAY STOKED! 1st MTB race too, hope to be back for some more cane-age:D

Top fun. 11th in foursome males. Rocks rocks rocks! And thistles. Hows the hay bales at the base of the 'Kona' decent - for those that bail...
Creek crossings & dry-ish conditions made for wet feet & power dust day long.
No major offs, flats or mechanicals, but gotta work on that hill climbing stuff, err mountain climbing (for it is mountain bikes afterall).

Come December it will be 2x 12hrs back to back - would sir like to upsize his MTB expereince?
:D

Marx SS said:
Top fun. 11th in foursome males. Rocks rocks rocks!
Nice work! Yeah, some sections were like mine fields I reckon. You'd be riding along & 'BOOOM' a rock hidden in a tuff of grass just high enough to catch your crank.
Marx SS said:
Come December it will be 2x 12hrs back to back - would sir like to upsize his MTB expereince?
:D
Now that would be a totally new outa body experience I'm not sure I want to try... yet:rolleyes:

JayWoo said:
Now that would be a totally new outa body experience I'm not sure I want to try... yet:rolleyes:

You know that you don't actually have to ride the entire 24hours, don't you?!

snozza said:
You know that you don't actually have to ride the entire 24hours, don't you?!
Yeah I'm down with how they work. I'm just going by how I felt after this one. Then I tried to imagine how it would have felt if I was going to try & keep going for another 12hrs. Sure, I would go slower (probably not knowing me:rolleyes: ), but it's still another 12hrs after that. I'm not one for sitting around either. More night riding too. This was the 2nd time out with lights for me. It was the thought of doing a 24hr event that got me to try this one. Now I have a closer idea of what it might be like.

JayWoo said:
It was the thought of doing a 24hr event that got me to try this one. Now I have a closer idea of what it might be like.

The track at Redesdale is very different to Werribee. You can ride it any day of the week, you should go and check it out... and make sure you have a counter meal @ the pub on the way home... mmmmm :D

'SUBARU' spelt backwards... U R A BUS :D:D:D:D

Flying "still wondering how the feck Werribee is in Docklands????"Dutch

PS noice werk snozza