Suburban Cycllists Unlimited - Quad County Metric 2006

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Jay Sitkin, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. Jay Sitkin

    Jay Sitkin Guest

    The Quad County Metric is SCU's premiere spring ride, soon to enter its sixth year. It begins at beautiful Green Lane Park in Upper Montgomery County and continues through Berks, Lehigh, and Bucks Counties before returning to the park.

    On Sunday, May 7, 2006, start from scenic Green Lane Park, Deep Creek and Snyder Roads, Green Lane, PA 18054, and ride 10, 21, 31, 45, 53, 68, or 76 miles on low-traffic back roads. The 21-mile route avoids the longest climb and is suitable for casual riders. The longer routes are on rolling to hilly terrain. The 53 and 76-mile routes include the "Intensive Climbing Unit" extra hilly segment. The 10-mile route is a flat ride on the unpaved Perkiomen Trail.

    Registration: $20 (SCU members), $25 (non-members). Register by April 15 to receive a free T-shirt. Registration includes marked route, cue sheet, SAG support, rest stops, and a post-ride meal. Rest stops have a large assortment of home-baked snacks. Camping is available at the start location. Suburban Cyclists Unlimited, P.O. Box 401, Horsham, PA 19044; phone 215-234-0170. [email protected]

    Secure online registration is now available using BikeReg.com:

    http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?EventID=3007

    Tags:

  2. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    In rec.bicycles.misc Jay Sitkin <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 26 lines --]

    <snipped poorly formatted post>

    a) This more rightly belongs in rec.bikes.rides only
    2) Please stop posting in multi-part mime, it really sucks
    iii) Fix your line length
    d) Don't crosspost all over the space-time-continuum please

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore.

  3. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    In rec.bicycles.misc Dane Buson <[email protected]> wrote:

    Follup-to: rec.bicycles.rides

    ^^

    And that's what I get for being in a hurry and editing my post headers by
    hand in the news spool rather than re-doing the message properly.

    ObBikeMiscContent: Picked up my solid axle Gusset Jury 48 hole disc
    hub yesterday. Not quite indestructible, but reasonably close. It
    will make a mighty fine wheel for my grocery bike.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    Consider the following axioms carefully:

  4. Patrick Lamb

    Patrick Lamb Guest

    On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:20:10 -0800, Dane Buson <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In rec.bicycles.misc Jay Sitkin <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 26 lines --]
    >>

    ><snipped poorly formatted post>
    >>

    >a) This more rightly belongs in rec.bikes.rides only
    >2) Please stop posting in multi-part mime, it really sucks
    >iii) Fix your line length
    >d) Don't crosspost all over the space-time-continuum please

    Fifth) If you're posting something with limited geographic interested,
    please add the location prominently either in the subject or at the
    top of the post.

    I could post an announcement of an event in Madison and Franklin
    counties and let you guess where that is, but I won't.

    Pat

    Email address works as is.

  5. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    In rec.bicycles.misc Patrick Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:20:10 -0800, Dane Buson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>In rec.bicycles.misc Jay Sitkin <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 26 lines --]
    >>>

    >><snipped poorly formatted post>
    >>>

    >>a) This more rightly belongs in rec.bikes.rides only
    >>2) Please stop posting in multi-part mime, it really sucks
    >>iii) Fix your line length
    >>d) Don't crosspost all over the space-time-continuum please

    > Fifth) If you're posting something with limited geographic interested,
    > please add the location prominently either in the subject or at the
    > top of the post.
    >
    > I could post an announcement of an event in Madison and Franklin
    > counties and let you guess where that is, but I won't.

    Excellent point. I was searching for a fifth objection, but that one
    didn't pop to mind. It should have, as that's one of my (many) pet
    peeves. <G>

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    "It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the