Sue and Ban Atkins, not Supplements

Steve Bayt

Guest
STEVE BAYT

(Parma/Brook Park, Ohio)

While Illinois Senator Durbin and his SB 722 would create an unfathomable health crisis in America,
there already is one. And the FDA, FTC, and FCC should never have allowed The Atkins Diet to even
be marketed.

Quite frankly, it is horrible that The United States Senate is proposing to regulate out of business
the most beneficial industry in America- that of nutritional supplements. Yet, Durbin etc have done
nothing to outlaw the Atkins Diet. The phenomenal dangers of The Atkins Diet can be found at
www.safediets.org and www.atkinsdietalert.org

There are many other health problems associated with Atkins which I will try to figure out how to
interpret in non-jargon.

They pretty much describe what I was going to rant about this week. What is perhaps more
unacceptable than Durbin trying to outlaw supplements yet doing nothing to end The Atkins Diet, is
that the media ever accepted a single ad or commercial for what can only be described as a
nutritional death diet.

Just like Randy Shilts was the most vocal warner (person who warns?) about AIDS (1981-10/3/85). I am
pretty much the only warner about S.B.
722.

This article offers a solution to stop The Atkins Diet, which apparently neither the media nor
government want to do.

The solution to stop SB 722 is complicated involving politics and public opinion and the number of
votes each senator would lose. The solution to Atkins is fairly simple-litigation.

Anyone who has suffered the surreal amount of medical problems inevitable with Atkins should sue, to
a very large amount, Atkins. The regulations that Cigarette manufacturers face now are the result of
people's civil litigation. Quite frankly, preaching a low carb, high protein diet with extreme
nutritional deficiencies and nearly no fiber would have maybe worse medical hazards than cigarettes.

McDonald's and their high fat, high protein diet has been successfully sued at the trial phase, but
has been able to get stays of execution pending appeal. And McDonald's does not claim to be a
medical program.

Atkins is being marketed as a medical way of losing weight, founded by a Doctor being prescribed by
Atkins doctors and health practioners. Although I am not a lawyer, I have taken some legal courses.
Atkins is dispensing diet and medical advice which has a higher legal standard of liability then
McDonald's which was just selling an unhealthy product.

A few multi-million dollar lawsuits and Atkins is out of business. And of course, the bazillion
people who have died on Atkins could sue for compensatory damages and punitive damages for the suits
would be negligence.

In fact, the only nutrition that an Atkins dieter could get would be from Nutritional supplements-
which of course Senator Durbin wants to make illegal.

McDonald's has the money to appeal litigation until Plaintiff's die, Atkins dosen't have that
luxury. People who have suffered from this disaster diet can do much more than file a complaint with
the Atkins Diet Alert site, or contact the FDA to end Atkins.

They could consult a lawyer, or be pro se if they are lawyers, and file a lawsuit. For it's quite
terrifying to think of an America where the media runs ads for Atkins while health foods are being
pulled off the shelf.

So, to those bazillion former Atkins people with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills,
call a local lawyer and get your money back that a diet program preached by quacks have manifested.

Unfortunately, you can't sue any media outlet for running ads, because of what we call The First
Amendment. A newspaper can run an ad preaching well, I don't want to give any ideas and they
couldn't be sued by anyone harmed. But, Atkins can and should.

If Atkins isn't regulated out of business, maybe it can be litigated.

Could you find on the net the language for SB 722? I doubt any legislative person wants to ban
suppliments, maybe just at have least meet the standards of what is required of aspirin and other
stuff one can freely get at the drugstore. The logic of atkins suits seems futile, it is an
approach, not a service or product; except for the spin off things that are sold with the logo.
Shouold the folk injured by suppliments take a similar legal course?

[email protected] wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Could you find on the net the language for SB 722? I doubt any legislative person wants to ban
> suppliments, maybe just at have least meet the standards of what is required of aspirin and other
> stuff one can freely get at the drugstore. The logic of atkins suits seems

It doesn't even require that much. It just:

1) Requires supplement manufacturers who receive reports of adverse effects to forward copies of
those reports to the FDA.

2) Prohibits anabolic steroids and their immediate metabolic precursors from being sold as dietary
supplements.

It's the latter that Bayt is so upset about. The "health foods" that he refers to in his usual rants
are steroid pills.

[email protected] (Steve Bayt) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> STEVE BAYT
>
> (Parma/Brook Park, Ohio)
>
> While Illinois Senator Durbin and his SB 722 would create an unfathomable health crisis in
> America, there already is one. And the FDA, FTC, and FCC should never have allowed The Atkins Diet
> to even be marketed.
>

> Quite frankly, it is horrible that The United States Senate is proposing to regulate out of
> business the most beneficial industry in America- that of nutritional supplements. Yet, Durbin etc
> have done nothing to outlaw the Atkins Diet. The phenomenal dangers of The Atkins Diet can be
> found at www.safediets.org and www.atkinsdietalert.org

Both of these websites are paid for by PETA/PCRM. They are a radical animal rights organization.
What business do they have commenting of nutrition? Their business is to free the animals and not to
find the truth about nutrition or diets.

Only the most gullible people or the most radical animal-rightists believe what these domestic-
terrorists have to say about atkins or any other diet that includes animal products.

TC

[email protected] (tcomeau) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Steve Bayt) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > STEVE BAYT
> >
> > (Parma/Brook Park, Ohio)
> >
> > While Illinois Senator Durbin and his SB 722 would create an unfathomable health crisis in
> > America, there already is one. And the FDA, FTC, and FCC should never have allowed The Atkins
> > Diet to even be marketed.
> >

> > Quite frankly, it is horrible that The United States Senate is proposing to regulate out of
> > business the most beneficial industry in America- that of nutritional supplements. Yet, Durbin
> > etc have done nothing to outlaw the Atkins Diet. The phenomenal dangers of The Atkins Diet can
> > be found at www.safediets.org and www.atkinsdietalert.org
>
> Both of these websites are paid for by PETA/PCRM. They are a radical animal rights organization.
> What business do they have commenting of nutrition? Their business is to free the animals and not
> to find the truth about nutrition or diets.
>
> Only the most gullible people or the most radical animal-rightists believe what these domestic-
> terrorists have to say about atkins or any other diet that includes animal products.
>
> TC

"not to find the truth about nutrition or diets."

Then if a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine isn't allowed to "find" the truth about
diets, who is?

.

Ron wrote:

>>Both of these websites are paid for by PETA/PCRM. They are a radical animal rights organization.
>>What business do they have commenting of nutrition? Their business is to free the animals and not
>>to find the truth about nutrition or diets.
>>
>>Only the most gullible people or the most radical animal-rightists believe what these domestic-
>>terrorists have to say about atkins or any other diet that includes animal products.
>>
>>TC
>

> "not to find the truth about nutrition or diets."
>

> Then if a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine isn't allowed to "find" the truth about
> diets, who is?

While TC sees a conspiracy behind every study by anyone that as so much ate a bowl of Gerneral Mills
cereal, in this case he is correct. These are VERY biased people that think they 'know' the answer
and research is with one eye closed.

Before TC thinks I want to run off and have kids with him, I have a hell of lot more respect for a
vegan/vegetarian diet than low carb. PETA/PCRM and low carb are both food cults.

BAYT posted this **** on a whole bunch of forums and cleverly did not cross post.

Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ron wrote:
>

> >>Both of these websites are paid for by PETA/PCRM. They are a radical animal rights organization.
> >>What business do they have commenting of nutrition? Their business is to free the animals and
> >>not to find the truth about nutrition or diets.
> >>
> >>Only the most gullible people or the most radical animal-rightists believe what these domestic-
> >>terrorists have to say about atkins or any other diet that includes animal products.
> >>
> >>TC
> >

> > "not to find the truth about nutrition or diets."
> >

> > Then if a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine isn't allowed to "find" the truth about
> > diets, who is?
>

> While TC sees a conspiracy behind every study by anyone that as so much ate a bowl of Gerneral
> Mills cereal, in this case he is correct. These are VERY biased people that think they 'know' the
> answer and research is with one eye closed.

*BIG* difference between eating a bowl of cereal and taking money from General Mills buddy.

> Before TC thinks I want to run off and have kids with him, I have a hell of lot more respect for a
> vegan/vegetarian diet than low carb. PETA/PCRM and low carb are both food cults.

You must not understand the differnce between a diet that restricts refined junk carbs and a diet
that restricts an entire macronutrient group.

> BAYT posted this **** on a whole bunch of forums and cleverly did not cross post.

Cleverly? Your opinion, not mine. A troll is a troll is a troll.

TC