Sugar FREE PopSic e-s

Szaki

Guest
I'm Type II, and I enjoy eating sugar FREE Popsicles, only 3gr carb each. Good substitute for ice
cream. Don't raise my BS at all. I tried Sugarless or low carb ice cream, but the sugar alcohol in
them, gives me lot of gas. My wife , not diabetic, said the same. All though, low carb ice cream has
some splenda in it, still, half of the sweatening is sugar alcohol. Study showed, sugar alcohol at
25gr consumtion, couses bowel discomfort, bloating.

Julius

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:14:23 GMT, "Szaki" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm Type II, and I enjoy eating sugar FREE Popsicles, only 3gr carb each. Good substitute for ice
>cream. Don't raise my BS at all. I tried Sugarless or low carb ice cream, but the sugar alcohol in
>them, gives me lot of gas. My wife , not diabetic, said the same. All though, low carb ice cream
>has some splenda in it, still, half of the sweatening is sugar alcohol. Study showed, sugar alcohol
>at 25gr consumtion, couses bowel discomfort, bloating.
>
>Julius

Some people have no problems with gastric distress caused by Sugar Alcohols. In others, it stays in
the intestine, and gets absorbed as a carb. IMNSHO it should be avoided, unless you are one of the
lucky ones, that it seems to have no negative effect on. JDH

The Real Axis of Evil: Bush - Cheney - Ashcroft - Rumsfeld