Suggest me a bike.

aryansmart007

Aug 19, 2010
I like to give gift to my cousin brother a cycle. he likes road bikes the most than mountain bikes.my budget is around rupees 90k.i have four option.....
1. Scott CR1
2. Giant Defy 2
3. Raleigh Grand Sport
4. Cannondale CAAD8 - 6
pls suggest me best option amongst the above four.

aryansmart007 said:
I like to give gift to my cousin brother a cycle. he likes road bikes the most than mountain bikes.my budget is around rupees 90k.i have four option.....
1. Scott CR1
2. Giant Defy 2
3. Raleigh Grand Sport
4. Cannondale CAAD8 - 6
pls suggest me best option amongst the above four.

Very hard to say to be honest, each bike will feel just that little bit different to each other and you have to know what kind of riding he likes to do. Is a aggressive rider that likes to race or does he want it for a commute or pleasure rides like at the weekend and so on?
To be honest out of the lot the Cannondale would be my choice, but that is only because I have always liked Cannondale and own a Synapse and love it but it may not suit him?
Does he own any other bikes? if so that's always a good start as if you know what brand he already uses, then he may well be comfortable with that particular company? ;)
Road bikes are always different because they need to fit the rider perfectly or it can be an unpleasant experience, unlike with mtb's you either get S,M,L, sizes and you chose what best suits, with road bikes it's all about sizing and the riding positions and the feel of the bike.