Suggested Price Please

Richard Bates

Guest
I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
(blush) for more than a year.

It is a Peugeout Performance 2000 CrMo frame Noname wheels Ofmega 52/42 chainset Shimano 7spd 14-28
freewheel Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem Sachs mechs Downtube shifters

What would be a sensible asking price?

Love and 20 quid from Rich xx

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
> (blush) for more than a year.
>
> It is a Peugeout Performance 2000 CrMo frame Noname wheels Ofmega 52/42 chainset Shimano 7spd
> 14-28 freewheel Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem Sachs mechs Downtube shifters
>
> What would be a sensible asking price?
>
> Love and 20 quid from Rich xx
>
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Noname wheels Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem

>A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

So you don't rate the NoName groupset highly?

Perhaps my best bet is to fit a NoName luggage rack and flog it to a student next September?
--

"Smudger" (who "just may be" P**l Sm*th) <[email protected]> wrote:
> A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

Blimey, do they still make Rolo? I haven't seen those for yonks.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> What would be a sensible asking price?

>A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....

Bob

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:28:14 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....
>>

>Milky Bar isn't a raise ... i'll raise with giant rolos.

Cheapskates. I'm all in with my Toblerone.

James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Noname wheels Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem
>
> >A fiver and a packet of Rolos.
>
> So you don't rate the NoName groupset highly?
>
> Perhaps my best bet is to fit a NoName luggage rack and flog it to a student next September?
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

Seriously, the problem you've got nowadays is that you can buy a nice bike with Shimano bits and
named other bits for bugger all. Your bike will undoubtably be worth something and your best bet is
to perhaps sell it to a student. The price will be what somebody is willing to pay. Top tip is to
sell it with lights, mudguards and a rack - ready to roll.

Richard Bates wrote:
> I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
> (blush) for more than a year.
>
> It is a Peugeout Performance 2000

Assuming that means year 2000 and bike cost less than £300 new........

> What would be a sensible asking price?

After getting it in full working order* and polishing to a brilliant sheen, I would advertise it in
the local paper for £95 and expect to be haggled down. If no takers, then try re-advertising at £65.
But if bike is in less than good condition, just flog any good bits on eBay/u.r.c and bin the rest,
or "give it away" for £30.

If these prices seem high, then note that I sold several bottom of the range steel-wheeled
1980's "racers" for £60 each over ten years ago. A tube of metal polish and a can of Halfords
spray paint does the trick :) If these prices seem low, then welcome to the sad world of
Bicycle Depreciation :-(

* Gears and brakes nicely adjusted is usually all that's required. But replace any parts (with
second-hand ones) that are completely worn out or look very tatty.

~PB

"James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:28:14 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....
> >>

> >Milky Bar isn't a raise ... i'll raise with giant rolos.
> >

> Cheapskates. I'm all in with my Toblerone.

Stakes are too high for me.