Suggested Price Please

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
    (blush) for more than a year.

    It is a Peugeout Performance 2000 CrMo frame Noname wheels Ofmega 52/42 chainset Shimano 7spd 14-28
    freewheel Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem Sachs mechs Downtube shifters

    What would be a sensible asking price?

    Love and 20 quid from Rich xx

    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

    Tags:

  2. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
    > (blush) for more than a year.
    >
    > It is a Peugeout Performance 2000 CrMo frame Noname wheels Ofmega 52/42 chainset Shimano 7spd
    > 14-28 freewheel Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem Sachs mechs Downtube shifters
    >
    > What would be a sensible asking price?
    >
    > Love and 20 quid from Rich xx
    >
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

  3. On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Noname wheels Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem

    >A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

    So you don't rate the NoName groupset highly?

    Perhaps my best bet is to fit a NoName luggage rack and flog it to a student next September?
    --

  4. "Smudger" (who "just may be" P**l Sm*th) <[email protected]> wrote:
    > A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

    Blimey, do they still make Rolo? I haven't seen those for yonks.

  5. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]MEDYSPAM.co.NOMORESPAM.uk> wrote:

    >> What would be a sensible asking price?

    >A fiver and a packet of Rolos.

    I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....

    Bob

  6. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> What would be a sensible asking price?
    >
    > >A fiver and a packet of Rolos.
    >
    > I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....

    Milky Bar isn't a raise ... i'll raise with giant rolos.

  7. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:28:14 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....
    >>

    >Milky Bar isn't a raise ... i'll raise with giant rolos.

    Cheapskates. I'm all in with my Toblerone.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  8. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:49:07 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> in
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> Noname wheels Noname brakes Noname saddle Noname bars Noname stem
    >
    > >A fiver and a packet of Rolos.
    >
    > So you don't rate the NoName groupset highly?
    >
    > Perhaps my best bet is to fit a NoName luggage rack and flog it to a student next September?
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    Seriously, the problem you've got nowadays is that you can buy a nice bike with Shimano bits and
    named other bits for bugger all. Your bike will undoubtably be worth something and your best bet is
    to perhaps sell it to a student. The price will be what somebody is willing to pay. Top tip is to
    sell it with lights, mudguards and a rack - ready to roll.

  9. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Richard Bates wrote:
    > I have decided to sell one of my three bikes. It has been hanging up in the garage, untouched
    > (blush) for more than a year.
    >
    > It is a Peugeout Performance 2000

    Assuming that means year 2000 and bike cost less than £300 new........

    > What would be a sensible asking price?

    After getting it in full working order* and polishing to a brilliant sheen, I would advertise it in
    the local paper for £95 and expect to be haggled down. If no takers, then try re-advertising at £65.
    But if bike is in less than good condition, just flog any good bits on eBay/u.r.c and bin the rest,
    or "give it away" for £30.

    If these prices seem high, then note that I sold several bottom of the range steel-wheeled
    1980's "racers" for £60 each over ten years ago. A tube of metal polish and a can of Halfords
    spray paint does the trick :) If these prices seem low, then welcome to the sad world of
    Bicycle Depreciation :-(

    * Gears and brakes nicely adjusted is usually all that's required. But replace any parts (with
    second-hand ones) that are completely worn out or look very tatty.

    ~PB

  10. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:28:14 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> I'll see your Rolos, and raise you a Milky Bar.....
    > >>

    > >Milky Bar isn't a raise ... i'll raise with giant rolos.
    > >

    > Cheapskates. I'm all in with my Toblerone.

    Stakes are too high for me.