Suggested routes- 2 wk tour of Netherlands

Glen Beer

Guest
My family is planning on a 2 week cycling vacation in the netherlands this summer; 2 adults, kids
12 & 14. We will ride for about 10 days and do 35- 40 miles/ day, say 400 miles or 675 km total.We
fly from L.
A. and start and finish in Amsterdam.

I've received the Netherlands cycling map. We could take two of the national mapped loops, or do
something more unique. No camping for us, We'll stay in hotels.

Any suggestions for especially fabulous towns or locations/ tours we should go to. Thanks.

[email protected] (Glen Beer) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My family is planning on a 2 week cycling vacation in the netherlands this summer; 2 adults, kids
> 12 & 14. We will ride for about 10 days and do 35- 40 miles/ day, say 400 miles or 675 km total.We
> fly from L.
> A. and start and finish in Amsterdam.
>
> I've received the Netherlands cycling map. We could take two of the national mapped loops, or do
> something more unique. No camping for us, We'll stay in hotels.
>
> Any suggestions for especially fabulous towns or locations/ tours we should go to. Thanks.

Did Amsterdam to Roubaix this summer -- the coast ride south of amsterdam is particularly good.

Gouda was a great little town. As was Bruge.

Honestly I think the cycling network is so good there, you should just pick destinations that you
want to go and go for it.

Tom

We espcially enjoyed Texel Island -- stayed there two nights -- and the stretch from Kampen down to
the Kroller-Muller Museum was amaxingly wild and unpopulated (amazing for such a small and densely
populated nation).

There's a map of our route and and a bunch of pics at:
http://www.gfonline.org/FamaZine/Detail.cfm?ID=74

George