Suggestion For Name for Bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, May 17, 2003.

  1. Do your bikes have names?

    My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.

    My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.

    What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Love and names from Rich x

    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do your bikes have names?
    >
    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Mine is called Haemorrhoids, for obvious reasons.

    Bill

  3. My Bianchi is called Gino

    >What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Peter

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  5. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do your bikes have names?
    >
    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >
    > Love and names from Rich x

    Kona

  6. Moosh:)

    Moosh:) Guest

    On Sat, 17 May 2003 16:10:07 +0100, Richard Bates
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do your bikes have names?
    >
    >My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    >My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    >What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >
    >Love and names from Rich x

    Joe, as in "Pew, Joe!"

    Moosh:)

  7. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do your bikes have names?
    >
    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >
    > Love and names from Rich x
    >
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    How about the Fast Frog?

    Failing that call it Gerald. Always a safe name.

  8. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.

    That's a lot of chaps to get the leg over (rather you than me). Hope you take the proper
    precautions.

    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Mercury?

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  9. "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do your bikes have names?
    >
    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >
    > Love and names from Rich x
    >
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    I call my Peugeot Racer "Broken", thanks to the actions of a Volvo driver! Well, as well as getting
    himself 6 points, a record, and a fine, his insurance paid for a new and better bike, double
    glazing, and a few quid for a drink! I could still have done without the broken hand though!!!

    T.T.F.N.

    SPENNY

  10. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    My bike is called the S.A.W or Silent Assualt Weapon. This was named by my mates after I acclerated
    out of the underbrush into the path of several unsuspecting ramblers giving a few, I think, a mild
    heart attack. My bike is rigged for silence anyway, I have no idea why but it's the way I like it.

    As for your Peugeot Racer, why not go for Pierre. It is French after all. Oui Oui.

    Gadget

  11. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Nick Kew wrote:
    > That's a lot of chaps to get the leg over (rather you than me). Hope you take the proper
    > precautions.

    There's a psychological reason that all the machines I ride have girly names.

    My 20" unicycle is called Sally (despite being a Ringmaster).

    My 26" Muni is called Melissa (or usually Mindy for short).

    My 36" Coker is called Cindy.

    My ultimate wheels don't have names.

    My ATB is called Nemesis. She was named for the Greek goddess of revenge. When my previous bike
    (Beelzebub, OK so that's not a girly name) was stolen, my mind was filled with thoughts of revenge
    and the only thing I could do was to get another bike and keep cycling.

    My Street Machine is called Helga, which is just a name that springs to mind when I think of
    something heavy and German.

    Thomas Paine

  12. M Series

    M Series Guest

    My bikes don't have names, I refer to them as The Merckx, The Peugeot and the touring bike. My
    mountain bike which I no longer have was known as The Pink Peril, my mate Vince W gave it that name.

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do your bikes have names?
    >
    > My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >
    > My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >
    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >
    > Love and names from Rich x
    >
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

  13. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do your bikes have names?

    Some do, some don't. My MTB and my tourer are referred to as the mountian bike and the tourer,
    respectively, but my recumbent is almost invariably known as the Flying Banana, and the triplet is
    called the Megabike. Not really a name, but it's what we call it. My car has a name as well: Ovlov.
    After five years of faithful service and having passed 150,000 miles it's starting to feel like one
    of the family :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  14. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Sat, 17 May 2003 12:26:37 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Do your bikes have names?
    >>
    >> My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    >>
    >> My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    >>
    >> What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >>
    >> Love and names from Rich x
    >>

    >Kona

    The Barbarian

    Tim

  15. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 17 May 2003 12:26:37 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Do your bikes have names?
    > >>
    > >> My Tourer is called Gulliver - Because it goes on lots of travels and happens to be a Giant.
    > >>
    > >> My Commuter is called Walter - Because it is a Raleigh.
    > >>
    > >> What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Mr Get A Life?

  16. In message <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
    <[email protected]> writes
    >What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Mr Cheese (as in 'Cheese eating surrender monkey)?
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  17. Richard Bates wrote:
    > Do your bikes have names?

    My Baron is called Cosimo the Stealth Baron. Cosimo from the lead character in Italo Calvino's
    "Baron In The Trees" (he lives in the conservatory, which used to be so infested with plants that it
    was difficult to find him. "Stealth" due to his colour. The revell Romany does not have a name, and
    neither does the Speedmachione, though if it did, it would be called "Hobbs".

    > What should I call my Peugeot Racer?

    Robert, pronounced inna-garlic-scoffing-wine-swilling-lout-stylee.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  18. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:
    > Richard Bates wrote:
    >
    >>Do your bikes have names?
    /snip/
    >>What should I call my Peugeot Racer?
    >

    > Robert, pronounced inna-garlic-scoffing-wine-swilling-lout-stylee.

    And could be mis-heard as "Roberts" - slang for tits in France, if Cycling Plus is to be believed...

    To further amuse the French, why not call it "MR2"

    Jim Price

  19. Martin

    Martin Guest

    > >>Do your bikes have names?

    What's the naffest actual name put on a bike by a manufacturer? a few recently spotted: Stealth
    Bruiser Intense (touring bike?) Guru and the incredibly imaginative Free Spirit range; e.g FS 26
    Index 18 (I took the Echelon stickers off my Falcon before finding out what one was!)

  20. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    martin wrote:

    > What's the naffest actual name put on a bike by a manufacturer?

    I'd have to say a Claude Butler from a while ago, called a "Pagan". White, with wavey pink stripes
    too - nice.

    Jim Price