Suggestion to Dr. Chung

Steve wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:46:41 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
> <Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>
>
> Chung, you really need to get some new material.

That above seems to be Steve-speak for "there is too much sweat on my
brow. Fighting the truth is hard. I need to take a nap."

Humble servant of Christ,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:23:46 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:46:41 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>> (in message <[email protected]>):
>>
>> <Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>
>>
>> Chung, you really need to get some new material.

> That above seems to be Steve-speak for "there is too much sweat on my
> brow. Fighting for the truth is hard. I need to take a nap."
>
> Humble servant of Christ,
>
> Andrew

Well, you are right about one thing, oh great Teller of Truths...
dealing with you _is_ tiring. I think I _will_ take a nap. Thanks for
the advice, Doc.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>><a not surprising case study of mental illness snipped>

> Reminds me of:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

It should only remind you that you are a quack, fraud, mountebank and
generally dishonest hustler.

The rest of your website is designed to troll the internet and snare
more patients for you. A bad marketing idea, badly developed and badly
implemented.

> You have my pity *and my love, neighbor.

Here's a terribly sad but truthful picture that apparently struck a
nerve with Chung. Posted by Pastorio but avoided by quacksalver Chung.

>>Love, n.
>>1. a strong affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or
>>persons.
>>2. a strong liking for or interest in something; as, her love of

acting.
>>3. a strong, usually passionate, affection for a person of the
>>opposite sex.
>>4. the person who is the object of such an affection; a sweetheart;
>>a lover.
>>5. sexual passion or its gratification.
>>6. (a) cupid or eros as the god of love; (b) Venus.
>>7. in tennis, a score of zero.
>>8. in theology, (a) God's benevolent concern for mankind; (b) man's
>>devout attachment to God; (c) the feeling of benevolence and
>>brotherhood that people should have for each other.
>>

> Would subscribe to the latter.

And yet, Chung's actions and words tell the real story.

> Don't forget that I have written that if I encountered you dying
> somewhere (ie on a cath table), that I would not hesitate to
> resuscitate you. This would prove the feeling of benevolent

concern > I would have for you, neighbor.

Nah. That's some untestable braggadocio. The history of Chung's words
say that benevolence isn't important. The words he uses and the claims
he makes and the boasts he offers say that his concern is egotistical
rather than benevolent. Once again, he lies, deliberately or because
of his mental infirmities.

That "benevolence" that will never be in a position to be seen proves
nothing; a theoretical boast. But his statement of it further proves
the accusation of his lack of honesty.

>>Be-nev'-o-lence, n.
>>1. any inclination to do good; good will; kindness; charitableness.
>>2. an act of kindness; good done; charity given; gift.
>>Synonyms - kindness, benignity, tenderness, alms-giving,
>>beneficence, bounty, charity, generosity, good will, humanity,
>>kindheartedness,kindliness, liberality, munificence, philanthropy.
>>

> My participation here and elsewhere as a cardiologist freely

helping > people with their medical questions should serve to prove
that I
> indeed love my neighbors.

Chung's denigration of others. his deliberate lying, his deliberate
swaggering, contentiousness, his inevitable dispute with anyone
offering a different opinion, his frequent use of innuendo, and his
general fraudulence and quackery mark him as a person more caught up
in his own unhealthy needs than in anything approaching altruism.

His promotion of the 2PD with all its dangerous flaws marks him as a
superficial thinker. And his recent comment about it being in the
"public domain" and therefore known to other physicians only serves to
reinforce the idea that egotism not altruism motivates him. It would
seem that he actually believes that responsible health care providers
would endorse this one-dimensional approach.

>>>You also remain in my prayers.

>>Hyp'-o-crite, n. one who feigns to be what he is not; especially one
>>who pretends to be pious, virtuous, etc. without really being so.

> How do you feign a prayer?

Chung is so cute when he deliberately "misunderstands." Chung feigns
piety when he is actually using it as another weapon in his arsenal of
broken arrows.

>> "And the hypocrite's hope shall perish." Job viii. 13.

> So it shall.
>
>>>May God cure you of your obsessions soon.

>>It's pretending to psychiatric "diagnoses" like this

> Who's pretending?

The fraud Chung is pretending to have knowledge of a medical
discipline not in his line of work.

>>that create the setting to justify, almost demand, calling Chung
>>a...
>>

> Could it be that Pastorio is growing wiser?

Pastorio continues to spotlight fraud, chicanery, innuendo, fakery,
quackery, malice and hypocrisy. Look where the light shines...

>>Quack, n. (short for quacksalver)
>>1. one who, with little skill or foundation, pretends to have skill in
>>a particular field.
>>2. an untrained pretender to medical skill he does not posses; a
>>fraudulent practitioner.
>>Synonym - charlatan, empiric, imposter, mountebank, pretender

> Guess not:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

Poor Chung is wounded by the lack of respect he so richly deserves, in
his mind.

It's hilarious reading his TV lawyer words on this page. It's also
instructive how Chung tries to make words mean what they don't. And
tries to make things in context mean something else.

If it's deliberate, he's a liar. If it's because of some deficiency in
his reading or comprehension skills, it's considerably more serious.
His response to the "Mel Hall" post referred to at the top of this
note would imply that he truly can't read and understand. That has
implications for his medical practice and his patients.

De-lus'-ion, n.
1. the act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion
4. in psychiatry, a false, persistent belief not substantiated by
sensory evidence.
synonyms - illusion, fallacy, deception, error, hallucination.

De-lu'-sive, a.
1. apt to deceive; tending to mislead; deceptive, beguiling...
2. characterized by delusion; deceptive.

> Humbly,

Hum'-ble, n.
1. having or showing a consciousness of one's defects or shortcomings;
not proud; not self-assertive; modest.
synonyms. - lowly, meek, submissive, unassuming, unobtrusive, unassuming.

Hu-mil'-i-ty, n.
1. the state or quality of being humble of mind or spirit; absence of
pride or self-assertion.
2. [pl] acts of self-abasement.

It's likewise telling that, even after being shown the sorts of
definitions that rational people employ, Chung persists in adhering to
his obviously fake self-descriptions.

> You truly remain in my prayers that you be cured of your pathological obsessions.

Chung cuts everything (that, again, highlights his chicanery) from the
post and offers a yet another "diagnosis" in a field clearly outside
anything he actually is qualified to practice in. He is pretending to
knowledge he clearly doesn't have. His "observations" demonstrate his
incompetence and pretension.

That's the classic definition of quackery. Of a quack. Of fraudulent
practice. Of deliberate dishonesty.

Chung is, by definition, by behavior and by choices of words, a quack.

Pastorio

Bob Pastorio wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >><a not surprising case study of mental illness snipped>

> > Reminds me of:
> >
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> <libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred snipped>

FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a participant (Pastorio)
that may be distressing for some SMC readers. If you are bothered by it, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Pastorio
(2) Report Pastorio to his ISP so that the may help him with needed psychiatric intervention.
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.

This discussion(s) is related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate this Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet
approach and have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this and other discussion threads.

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to
be "if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under
the cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of
starting "flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were
made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-ideal
weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://tinyurl.com/levc
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr. Chung's
credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr.
Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who
continue to hiss (ie Steve [email protected]):

(1) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(2) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(3) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(4) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(5) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to participate here on Usenet above the din of hissing from the peanut
gallery.

Sincerely,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:34:10 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Bob Pastorio wrote:
>
>> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>>
>>> Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:<[email protected]>...

>>> Reminds me of:
>>>
>>> http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

>> <libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred snipped>

> FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a
> participant (Pastorio)

> <snip>

Ah, the Dreaded Macro. A sure sign that Chung has left the Field of
Intellectual Battle in disgrace. The internet equivalent of covering
your eyes and ears and shouting over and over "I can't hear you!".

Only the Untruthful Must Resort to Macros.

First Chung says he welcomes criticism then he urges everyone to
killfille his critics.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Steve wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:34:10 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
> > Bob Pastorio wrote:

> >> <libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred snipped>

> > FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a
> > participant (Pastorio)

> > <snip>

> Ah, the Dreaded Macro. A sure sign that Chung has left the Field of
> Intellectual Battle in disgrace.

Still here. Sorry to disappoint.

> The internet equivalent of covering
> your eyes and ears and shouting over and over "I can't hear you!".

In Mr. Pastorio's case, it is for his therapy. One ought not to continue feeding
his obsessive psychoses.

> Only the Untruthful Must Resort to Macros.

The Macros really strike a raw nerve in you, doesn't they Steve?

> First Chung says he welcomes criticism then he urges everyone to
> killfille his critics.

Suggestions are hardly urgings.

> --
> God's Other Humble Servant
>
> Steve

You still appear to worshipping the wrong god, Steve,

When will you learn?

Humble servant of Christ,

Andrew,

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:15:26 -0500, John9212112 wrote
>>(in message <[email protected]>):

>>>Well, in my view, what you (and others) have been doing is trolling.

>>Then you have adopted Chung's Humpty-Dumpty-speak where when you use a
>>word, _you_ will choose what it means rather than adopting the common
>>definition.

> He appears to be writing truthfully.
>
> Truth is called Humpty-Dumpty-speak by the untruthful.

Nah. What Chung does is "Humpty-Dumpty" speak. It's when he makes up
his own definition of a common word that flies in the face of common
or dictionary words. Like when he calls himself humble and he's really
being arrogant. ******** is called Humpty-Dumpty speak by the truthful.

>>>[....]
>>>Somehow? Isn't obesity on everybody's short list of risk factors for heart
>>>disease?

>>If one follows your logic, we can dispense with the whole
>>alt.support.diet hierarchy of groups and simply discuss them here.

> Folks on diets that fail need "support."
>
> Folks on the 2PD approach don't fail.

Funny thing how "Mel Hall" wrote that 48 out of 55 people who started
the diet in the one case completed it. Looks like some fail. Chung
didn't seem to accept the material in the post from "Mel" as requoted
here. The one praising Chung's "diet" and Mu. The one where "she" said
that her ex-husband put dozens and dozens of people on the "diet" and
*some* stuck with it. Poor Chung now has to figure out how to accept
the "testimonial" but erase the "fact" that some failed.

>> And
>>since cooking relates to food which relates to obesity which relates to
>>heart disease, why not collapse all the cooking and food groups into
>>here too.

> Obsessions with cooking and food contributes to obesity. Pointing
> that out is certainly appropriate here in SMC but would raise the ire
> of Pastorio and his ilk in the cooking and food Usenet groups.

Of course it wouldn't raise anyone's ire. Obsessions with cooking
likely won't lead to obesity as it's excessive caloric consumption and
insufficient metabolizing of those calories that cause most obesity. I
don't believe that I've ever met anyone obsessed with cooking, per se.

Wise consumption of high quality materials, respectfully and
interestingly treated is the best goal for people who are interested
in food. But that would be beyond Chung's capacity for understanding
despite being Chinese, the one culture that has developed cuisine
further than the French. Chung rejects his heritage and his cultural
roots as easily as truth.

> Being as I have not appointed myself to be a Usenet cop as you have,
> Steve, you won't see me turning anyone away. Even libelers like
> Pastorio are welcome here.

Even liars, frauds and quacks like Chung are welcome here. As though
Chung could do anything about them, anyway.

Chung keeps "forgetting" that libel needs to be false to be so
defined. That's why he doesn't do anything about what he terms the
libel of others. He doesn't want to look even more stupid than he
already does.

> Note that he and I are having a civil
> discussion about saturated fats in the adjoining thread despite his
> hatred of me and the 2PD approach.

Chung thinks we're only talking about saturated fats. Shitwit
apparently doesn't seem to notice that we're talking about a good deal
more than just that and he doesn't know what he's talking about. He
wants to consume only oils that are liquid at refrigerator
temperatures. Wonderful. That viewpoint suits his crippled
understadning of teh role of food in human society. I wonder if he
remembers enough Chinese to consider the daily greetings that pass
between people. He seems most assuredly not to remember the spirit of
hospitality and generosity indigenous to all the Chinese cultures.

Crabbed Chung who show more and more how he worships teh body adn
fears its natural actions and reactions. Chung is afraid of his dining
table and the normal things of being alive and shows that fear daily
with his frightened posts. He said he replaced his amalgam fillings on
teh off-chance they could be harmful. What a man of science who
doesn't bother to look deeper than teh surface fear.

His knowledge of nutrition is even more shallow than his knowledge of
psychiatry that he uses to make "diagnoses" of the mental states of
others.

How can anyone hate a clown? His "diet" is even more hilarious than he
is. He obviously needs a dictionary for even the most basic of
communications. He can't seem to see the difference between hatred and
bemused contempt. But it serves his twisted purposes to see himself as
a persecuted victim of others. That's better, in his sadly crippled
mind, than stopping to consider if he's wrong.

>>>I don't think you can legitimately claim that what has been going on here is
>>>"criticism" except in its basest form.

>>As you have shown in another thread, you are unfamiliar with "what has
>>been going on here". I suggest you do some googling and return when
>>you have some facts.

> John has written that he has been lurking for a while. Googling would
> only serve to refresh his memory.

Then why doesn't he do that?

>>>Dr. Chung has presented a rational
>>>case for 2PD on his web site.

>>Reasonable people can disagree on what is "rational".

> Irrational people can sound reasonable.

And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses.

>>> I don't see the Trolling Team providing
>>>anything rational at all......just a lot of Bwahahaha. If there is a rational
>>>argument against 2PD, let's hear it.

> Well, Steve?

Old territory. Been done again and again. "John" seems unable to do
his own homework before spouting his ****.

>>>Don't bother presenting the silly arguments that
>>>violate common sense (e.g., 2 lbs of chocolate per day, etc.) Besides, Dr.
>>>Chung has addressed all these on his web site. Come on, give me something
>>>rational. Surely, you can do that, can't you?

>>Several people have provided extensive rational arguments.

> All debunked.

Wishful thinking on Chung's part. As so much is.

> See:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Quackery masquerading as medical information.

>> The fact
>>that you are unfamiliar with them does not make them any less rational.

> Given he's been lurking, he probably seen them firsthand. You may
> provide Google links to refresh his memory if you choose.

Perhaps someone with the poor memory that "John" both claims and
demonstrates would do as the injunction suggests. God helps those who
help themselves.

>>Perhaps someone else will choose to repeat them here for your benefit,

> Why not you?

Trying to teach a pig to sing is futile. It won't work and is merely
likely to upset the pig.

> Don't you know how to use Google?

Apparently "John" doesn't.

And, as any plumber knows, **** flows downhill.

>>and/or industriousness that I am not going to waste my time doing
>>so.

> A quick google check on the Steve [email protected] combination would
> reveal that you have been wasting your time with being untruthful for
> a long time.

Another case of Chung's famous technique of assertion without proof.
Spotlighting Chung's fragile grasp on reality is what Steve has done.
It's a public service.

In Chungspeak's wonderful perversion of English, truthful=whatever
Chung says. Disagreeing with Chung or, worse, pointing out his fakery
is "untruthful" to him. I bet Chung has the novel "1984" memorized.

Now if he would just use English as though he actually spoke it rather
than that ESL approach he's famous for.

>>>You introduce it and then slam it.

>>You are simply wrong and cannot back this up.

> I suspect he can.

Chung suspects that "John" can back it up. Note that neither Chung nor
"John" has done so.

>>>Give me a rational argument.

>>Again, rational arguments have been provided.

But none is necessary beyond the notice that this is usenet with all
the freedom implicit in the form. It requires no "rational argument"
beyond "res ipsa loquitur" to demonstrate it. Any opinion has currency
on usenet, even the wacko "diet" foolishness that Chung espouses.
Likewise its too-easy debunking. All grist for this mill.

> See above.
>

>> Since you appear to be
>>unfamiliar with the full history of these dialogs, you are hardly in a
>>position to judge whether or not they were rational.

> Given that he reports being a lurker for a long time, it would appear
> that he is familar with the full history.

And, lamentably, he has shown himself to be even more shallow than
Chung/Mu. With a bad memory, to boot. His familiarity "with the full
history" was never so clear as when he tried to back away from what he
posted and tried to claim it as a "mistake."

>> However, that is
>>not the point I was making.

> That's is Steve-speak for "you got me but I will not surrender."
>
>>You were questioning the legitimacy of our
>>challenging Chung, not it's rationality. It is of the nature of human
>>beings to disagree. If it is legitimate for one side to present their
>>viewpoint, it is surely legitimate for the other side to present theirs
>>without being accused of "trolling", no matter that the term is
>>misapplied.

> Why do you care about being called a "Troll," Steve?
>
> It did not seem to bother you before.

<applause> Great job by Chung to try to change the subject to Steve
rather than the crux of the discourse. Bzzzzzzzzt. Back to topic; the
legitimacy of contradicting Chung. Nature of the human situation and
the nature of usenet. Chung is free to say what he will and so is
everybody else.

>>Chung himself has said elsewhere in this thread (and in others) that he
>>welcomes our participation. So what's _your_ problem?

> It would appear that John's original post did not describe either a
> problem or complaint but an observation. An observation that appears
> to raise your ire. The real question is "why do you have a problem
> with others making truthful observations that reflect negatively on
> you?"

Not quite. The "real question" is how stupid is "John" to make his
easily refuted lies and obfuscations? His "observations" were rather
easily demolished. This demonstrate even further what a
liar-by-insinuation Chung is in posting this, above.

>>>And why should he quit posting on 2PD? Maybe he (and others) should also
>>>quit posting on aspirin or EKG?

>>There are not other usenet groups dedicated to aspirin and EKG. It is
>>one thing to recommend that people with heart problems lose weight. It
>>is something else to expound on a particular pet diet

> The 2PD approach is the only one that I have seen work for everybody.

Except for those for whom it doesn't work. Notice that Chung has
offered nothing beyond his obviously dishonest word about it. And what
about the evidence offered by Mu's friend Doctor Mel Hall when she
says that a good percentage never make it?

>>and disparge others.

> Truth by its nature disparages the untruthful.

<LOL> So when Chung spouts his uninformed nonsense about alternate
dietary approaches, what does it do? Disparages Chung. So when Chung
offers his lies, what does it do? Disparage Chung.

>> The former would be an appropriate discussion in this group;
>>the latter would be more appropriate in one of the diet groups.

> Ad hominem attacks as perpetrated by you is not appropriate anywhere,
> Steve.

Chung, the nasty master of ad hominem innuendo and insinuation points
his blackened finger at anyone else? What astonishing but typical
hypocrisy.

>>Also, if Chung had a private label aspirin which was promoted on his
>>website, advocating it here while disparging other brands of aspirin
>>would be inappropriate as would cross posting his advertisements "as a
>>convenience" to completely unrelated groups such as rec.arts.cooking.

> If I gave the aspirin away for free, it would not be promoting.
>
> Truth is simple.

Only for the simpleminded.

>>And if his arguments for his private label brand of aspirin were
>>specious, it would also be legitimate for people to challenge him.

> Depends on the manner of the challenge.

Fraud deserves the most strenuous challenge.

>>>And why should he quit being himself and letting his faith show. If you want
>>>to see some REAL off-topic religion discussions...

>>Ah, but I don't. That's the point... get it?

> Then why are you here, Steve?

Try again here. Steve is *not* here to see posts by Chung where he
prattles on his fundamentalist, cultist brand of Chungianity.

>>>Are you claiming that God only has two humble servants? You and one other?
>>>Hey, I'm one too. And I know lots of others besides me.

>>It's called "parody"... you could look it up while you are googling.

> Some would call it mockery.

And it would be deserved. It mocks a false piety.

> The "King of the Jews" sign above the head of a dying Jesus was
> mockery.

Chung compares himself to Jesus, again.

>>If you want to come back with some facts, I am open to an intelligent
>>discussion.

> Truthful would be better.

And with Chung, a novelty.

>> If you simply want to hurl accusations based on made up
>>"facts", you are no better than Chung and I don't plan on having
>>discussions with two Chungs... one is frustrating enough :)

> Truth frustrates the untruthful.

How silly a thing to say. Obfuscation frustrates the truthful. As does
lying, as does malice, as does innuendo and insinuation. Chung's
dishonesty frustrates the truthful.

>> And at
>>this point, you are not even a good Chung.

> He has been truthful, however.

Chung can look into "John's" heart and know that. Chung, the font of
faith become knowledge. Chung the fraud and quack.

Pastorio

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob Pastorio wrote:
>
>>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

>>>Reminds me of:
>>>
>>>http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

>><libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred snipped>

> FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a participant (Pastorio)
> that may be distressing for some SMC readers. If you are bothered by it, a few suggestions:
>
> (1) Yell at Pastorio

The unfortunate sign of the Chungster hightailing it away from the
field of combat he started. It's when he brings out his Mighty Macro
Machine (tm) that we can see that he's been defeated in his own choice
of belligerent games. He simply can't let stand the words that bring
his pomposity and hubris to its figurative knees.

I bet the next new page on his web site will be the "New, Improved
Chung Delete-o-rama program." It removes all proof of Chung's
incompetence with English, all the definitions of his handicaps, all
unsubstantiated references, all proof that 2PD is silly, all cultist
religious twaddle, and all self-referential embarrassments. All it
leaves, in his case, is the little angle brackets that mark lines plus
his name.

Poor Chung starts the fight and runs screaming when it's brought back
to him. He welcomes the strife he creates, he says. Then he urges all
to complain about it and killfile his successful rebutter.

Bravo, Chung, I say. Bravo. So brave going into the fray unarmed as he
is. It's very impressive watching Chung eat his words. He says he
welcomes the give and take. But look at what actually happens. When he
posts things that hs own actions betray, that's called lying.

The most utterly hilarious signal of his debility is that frantic
"libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred
snipped" and then he proceeds to post exactly the sort of madness that
he has just finished characterizing as "libelous." He offers "mental
illness" as his "diagnosis" of another poster. He says, "I am aware
that this thread displays psychological pathology in a participant
(Pastorio)..." wherein he offers a medical opinion he's not qualified
to make. Pretending to medical knowledge he demonstrably doesn't have.
The word needed here is QUACK.

Pastorio

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:34:10 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>>(in message <[email protected]>):

>>>FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a
>>>participant (Pastorio)

>>><snip>

>>Ah, the Dreaded Macro. A sure sign that Chung has left the Field of
>>Intellectual Battle in disgrace.

> Still here. Sorry to disappoint.

Miss-the-point Chung, um, misses the point. Again.

>>The internet equivalent of covering
>>your eyes and ears and shouting over and over "I can't hear you!".

> In Mr. Pastorio's case, it is for his therapy. One ought not to continue feeding
> his obsessive psychoses.

<LOL> Soooo convincing, Chung's "diagnoses." Just like posting to
another group is for my "convenience." Not a bit <kof> transparent.

And for the others he plays this demented macro game with? Their
therapy, too? Or some other smarmy reasons. The pattern is to trim
everything, characterize it maliciously and hang that macro on it.
Very impressive behavior for a guy who says he welcomes the combat he
creates.

Pretending to medical knowledge again, is he? Quack goes the weasel.

I bet it's really annoying when I strike a nerve with Chung. Why else
would he focus his compulsions like he does about me? And Steve. And
all the others who make his bloated ego retreat. Many of the same
people he complimented a few weeks ago. Can't seem to keep it straight.

Poor guy just can't let go of it. Looks like he has a lot of nerves to
strike. The liar nerve. The quack nerve. The fraud nerve. The
insinuator nerve. The English as Humpty-Dumpty language nerve. All
those nerves. All together now, "On Old Olympus's Towering Tops,
Chung's version of English dances, skips and hops..." Minor edit there
to speak truthfully...

Pastorio

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:56:48 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:34:10 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
>> (in message <[email protected]>):

>>> <snip>

>> Ah, the Dreaded Macro. A sure sign that Chung has left the Field of
>> Intellectual Battle in disgrace.

> Still here. Sorry to disappoint.

Why, no, not at all :) I just would like to see you here out in the
open instead of hiding behind some mindless macro... a mind is a
terrible thing to waste :) I can't imagine Christ hiding behind a
macro, can you? Didn't he say something about "turning the other cheek"
and "loving your enemies".

Ask yourself "WWJKF" (Who would Jesus killfile?) Are you going to let
some macro "witness" for you? Doesn't sound like you are on Christ's
Team anymore... sounds like the macro is filling in for you. Kind of
like paying someone to be a substitute martyr for you.

>> The internet equivalent of covering
>> your eyes and ears and shouting over and over "I can't hear you!".
>>

> In Mr. Pastorio's case, it is for his therapy. One ought not to continue
> feeding his obsessive psychoses.

Ah, Chung, always thinking of others. First you crosspost "for his
convenience" and now you recommend everyone killfile him to avoid
feeding his psychosis. If only everyone could be more like you :)

>> Only the Untruthful Must Resort to Macros.
>>

> The Macros really strike a raw nerve in you, doesn't they Steve?

They sure does :) Because if you get out _your_ macros then I'll have
to get out _my_ macros and Pastorio will have to get out _his_ macros
and Mu will get out _his_ macros and, well, it just doesn't seem right.
Especially when you have so much more to offer than a "rubber stamp"...
and especially when it is such a hurtful and untruthful one.

>> First Chung says he welcomes criticism then he urges everyone to
>> killfille his critics.
>>

> Suggestions are hardly urgings.

Then why make them?

> You still appear to worshipping the wrong god, Steve,
>
> When will you learn?
>
> Humble servant of Christ,

You know Chung, I'm glad you brought that up. There is something that
has been troubling me. I have been reading the bible looking for that
password you mentioned and I came across this passage:

1 Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by
them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in
heaven. 2 Thus, when you give free medical advice on the internet,
sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and
in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you,
they have received their reward. 3 But when you give free medical
advice on the internet, do not let your left hand know what your right
hand is doing, 4 so that your advice may be in secret; and your Father
who sees in secret will reward you. 5 And when you pray for Pastorio
and others, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand
and pray in the synagogues and post that they are praying on the
internet, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have
received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut
the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who
sees in secret will reward you. 16 And when you wish to be humble, do
not put it in your signature line, like the hypocrites, for they
disfigure their posts that their humility may be seen by men. Truly,
I Iay to you, they have received their reward. 17 But when you wish to
be humble, anoint your head and wash your face, and remove all your
titles and degrees from your signature line 18 that your humility may
not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father
who sees in secret will reward you." ... Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

I have been trying to square this with some statements by you, for
example:

> His participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has
> been conducted in the spirit of community service. His motivation
> has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
> beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the
> health of folks He touched:
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

and

> My participation here and elsewhere as a cardiologist freely helping
> people with their medical questions should serve to prove that I
> indeed love my neighbors.

and, of course, all your "humble" signature line variants.

I am sure you can see how some people might mistake this sort of stuff
for the kind of ostentatious display of virtue which Matthew warns
against. Perhaps you could set me straight here.

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:20:24 GMT, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>> 7 Dec 2003 13:56:15 -0800 in article
>> <[email protected]> [email protected]
>> (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) wrote:

>> >It is what he wrote.
>> >

>> No it isn't. He wrote: "_maybe_ I saw a post from you one time with some
>> _possibly_ useful web references. Yo are a sloppy reader (or twist what
>> you read). He is not actually remembering, or that's what he writes, he
>> just thinks he may remember.

>> >What is a Christ-complex?
>> >

>> See
>>
>> <http://www.suite101.com/discussion.cfm/npd/69510/latest/1>

>> >What is a Christ-complex?
>> >

>> See above

>The article does not describe Christ-complex.

Are you saying the article "The Narcissistic Christ Complex" is not
about Christ Complex?

Even with quotes such as:

"The Narcissistic Christ Complex is ...."
" This Narcissistic Christ Complex is usually overlooked as something
other than a Christ Complex."
" This type of person has what can be referred to as the Narcissistic
Christ Complex."

Oh. I forgot. Only you know the truth. The article "The Narcissistic
Christ Complex" must not be about Christ Complex, since you said so.

>You probably misunderstood the article because English is
>your *fifth* language.

I'll ignore the usual, boring attack.

It seems clear Matti, at least, understood it. <grin>
Matt.

Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > Bob Pastorio wrote:

> >><libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred snipped>

> > FYI Note: I am aware that this thread displays psychological pathology in a participant (Pastorio)
> > that may be distressing for some SMC readers. If you are bothered by it, a few suggestions:
> >
> > (1) Yell at Pastorio

> The unfortunate sign of the Chungster hightailing it away from the
> field of combat he started. It's when he brings out his Mighty Macro
> Machine (tm) that we can see that he's been defeated in his own choice
> of belligerent games. He simply can't let stand the words that bring
> his pomposity and hubris to its figurative knees.
>
> I bet the next new page on his web site will be the "New, Improved
> Chung Delete-o-rama program." It removes all proof of Chung's
> incompetence with English, all the definitions of his handicaps, all
> unsubstantiated references, all proof that 2PD is silly, all cultist
> religious twaddle, and all self-referential embarrassments. All it
> leaves, in his case, is the little angle brackets that mark lines plus
> his name.
>
> Poor Chung starts the fight and runs screaming when it's brought back
> to him. He welcomes the strife he creates, he says. Then he urges all
> to complain about it and killfile his successful rebutter.
>
> Bravo, Chung, I say. Bravo. So brave going into the fray unarmed as he
> is. It's very impressive watching Chung eat his words. He says he
> welcomes the give and take. But look at what actually happens. When he
> posts things that hs own actions betray, that's called lying.
>
> The most utterly hilarious signal of his debility is that frantic
> "libelous statements written out of desperate obsessive hatred
> snipped" and then he proceeds to post exactly the sort of madness that
> he has just finished characterizing as "libelous." He offers "mental
> illness" as his "diagnosis" of another poster. He says, "I am aware
> that this thread displays psychological pathology in a participant
> (Pastorio)..." wherein he offers a medical opinion he's not qualified
> to make.

Actually, truth be told, being that I am also board-certified in
internal medicine in addition to cardiology, I am qualified to render
a medical opinion about a person who exhibits psychological pathology.
On occasion I also prescribe psychtropic medications.

> Pretending to medical knowledge he demonstrably doesn't have.

I'm not pretending though it is clearly your delusion that I am
pretending.

> The word needed here is QUACK.

Your past use of this word characterizes your mental illness.

See:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

> Pastorio

You poor soul.

You remain in my prayers.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

>From: Bob Pastorio [email protected]

>John9212112 wrote:
>>>From: Steve [email protected]

>>>"Trolling" is a term that is frequently bandied about whenever someone
>>>disagrees with someone else.
>>>
>>>I am unaware of any single, widely accepted definition of trolling.

>> Well, in my view, what you (and others) have been doing is trolling.

>Nice bit of editing, fraud-boy. Snip out the fullness of it and make
>up a self-serving definition. You're merely a shabby imitation of
>fraud Chung. A shadow of a shadow...
>
>Pastorio

I kept the part of the quote I was responding to. I junked the rest. I think
that is in keeping with good netiquette. But I don't think I'll accept advice
on this subject from you.

John

Steve wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:56:48 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> (in message <[email protected]>):
>
> > Steve wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:34:10 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
> >> (in message <[email protected]>):

> >> Ah, the Dreaded Macro. A sure sign that Chung has left the Field of
> >> Intellectual Battle in disgrace.

> > Still here. Sorry to disappoint.

> Why, no, not at all :) I just would like to see you here out in the
> open instead of hiding behind some mindless macro...

How do you hide behind a macro?

When you use one to append the "imitation" message, did anyone accuse you of
hiding?

I can understand how [email protected] is hiding.

> a mind is a
> terrible thing to waste :)

Bit of a non-sequitor. Are you referring to Pastorio going of the deep-end in
the spin-off threads he is generating?

If so, then I agree :)

> I can't imagine Christ hiding behind a
> macro, can you?

You are the one imagining that anyone can hide behind a macro. I can't even
see you hiding behind a macro.

> Didn't he say something about "turning the other cheek"
> and "loving your enemies".

Does using a macro to save time go contrary to either instruction?

> Ask yourself "WWJKF" (Who would Jesus killfile?)

No one.

> Are you going to let
> some macro "witness" for you?

No.

> Doesn't sound like you are on Christ's
> Team anymore... sounds like the macro is filling in for you.

Saves me time.

> Kind of
> like paying someone to be a substitute martyr for you.

Not really.

> >> The internet equivalent of covering
> >> your eyes and ears and shouting over and over "I can't hear you!".
> >>

> > In Mr. Pastorio's case, it is for his therapy. One ought not to continue
> > feeding his obsessive psychoses.

> Ah, Chung, always thinking of others.

Yep.

> First you crosspost "for his
> convenience"

Yep.

> and now you recommend everyone killfile him to avoid
> feeding his psychosis.

The killfile recommendation is for the benefit of the "bothered" reader and not
Pastorio.

> If only everyone could be more like you :)

Would be boring if they were.

> >> Only the Untruthful Must Resort to Macros.
> >>

> > The Macros really strike a raw nerve in you, doesn't they Steve?

> They sure does :) Because if you get out _your_ macros then I'll have
> to get out _my_ macros and Pastorio will have to get out _his_ macros
> and Mu will get out _his_ macros and, well, it just doesn't seem right.

You could always go back to the Quiktrip hotdog stand when you tire of it.
Didn't you say you were too tired from fighting the truth a while back? Why
are you still here?

> Especially when you have so much more to offer than a "rubber stamp"...
> and especially when it is such a hurtful and untruthful one.

Sorry the truth hurts you, Steve.

> >> First Chung says he welcomes criticism then he urges everyone to
> >> killfille his critics.
> >>

> > Suggestions are hardly urgings.

> Then why make them?

To be helpful. This would be consistent with my love for others.

> > You still appear to worshipping the wrong god, Steve,
> >
> > When will you learn?
> >
> > Humble servant of Christ,

> You know Chung, I'm glad you brought that up. There is something that
> has been troubling me. I have been reading the bible looking for that
> password you mentioned and I came across this passage:
>

> 1 Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by
> them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in
> heaven. 2 Thus, when you give free medical advice on the internet,
> sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and
> in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you,
> they have received their reward. 3 But when you give free medical
> advice on the internet, do not let your left hand know what your right
> hand is doing, 4 so that your advice may be in secret; and your Father
> who sees in secret will reward you. 5 And when you pray for Pastorio
> and others, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand
> and pray in the synagogues and post that they are praying on the
> internet, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have
> received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut
> the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who
> sees in secret will reward you. 16 And when you wish to be humble, do
> not put it in your signature line, like the hypocrites, for they
> disfigure their posts that their humility may be seen by men. Truly,
> I Iay to you, they have received their reward. 17 But when you wish to
> be humble, anoint your head and wash your face, and remove all your
> titles and degrees from your signature line 18 that your humility may
> not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father
> who sees in secret will reward you." ... Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18
>
> I have been trying to square this with some statements by you, for
> example:
>
> > His participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has
> > been conducted in the spirit of community service. His motivation
> > has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
> > beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the
> > health of folks He touched:
> >
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

> and
>
> > My participation here and elsewhere as a cardiologist freely helping
> > people with their medical questions should serve to prove that I
> > indeed love my neighbors.

> and, of course, all your "humble" signature line variants.
>
> I am sure you can see how some people might mistake this sort of stuff
> for the kind of ostentatious display of virtue which Matthew warns
> against.

God knows what is in my heart :)

> Perhaps you could set me straight here.

God will set you straight when you die. He probably will have a comment or two
about your attempts to change His Word... but that would be my guess and not my
judging you.

Humble servant of Christ,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:42:24 -0500, John9212112 wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

>> From: Bob Pastorio [email protected]

>>> Well, in my view, what you (and others) have been doing is trolling.

>> Nice bit of editing, fraud-boy. Snip out the fullness of it and make
>> up a self-serving definition. You're merely a shabby imitation of
>> fraud Chung. A shadow of a shadow...
>>
>> Pastorio

> <snip>

>But I don't think

Of course you don't :)

(See how that works?)

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

>From: Steve [email protected]

>On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:34:44 -0500, Bob Pastorio wrote
>(in message <[email protected]>):
>
>> Even though the whole post smacks of fraud, note how she posted
>> numbers, fake as they might be. Mu and Chung don't even do that
>> claiming that it would violate patient confidentiality.

>Actually, all the many posts in support of Chung and the success of the
>2PD are compelling and eloquent by their absence.
>
>--
>God's Other Humble Servant
>
>Steve

Did you happen to read the first post of this thread? And several subsequent
one? Mine?

But see what happens when you post in support of Dr. Chung? They try to shout
you down. No wonder most don't want to get involved.

John

[email protected]ere wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:20:24 GMT, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Matti Narkia wrote:
> >
> >> 7 Dec 2003 13:56:15 -0800 in article
> >> <[email protected]> [email protected]

> >> No it isn't. He wrote: "_maybe_ I saw a post from you one time with some
> >> _possibly_ useful web references. Yo are a sloppy reader (or twist what
> >> you read). He is not actually remembering, or that's what he writes, he
> >> just thinks he may remember.

> >> See
> >>
> >> <http://www.suite101.com/discussion.cfm/npd/69510/latest/1>

> >> See above

> >The article does not describe Christ-complex.

> Are you saying the article "The Narcissistic Christ Complex" is not
> about Christ Complex?

Does not describe it.

> Even with quotes such as:
>
> "The Narcissistic Christ Complex is ...."
> " This Narcissistic Christ Complex is usually overlooked as something
> other than a Christ Complex."

This quote confirms that Christ Complex is something other than the Narcisstic Christ Complex.

> " This type of person has what can be referred to as the Narcissistic
> Christ Complex."
>
> Oh. I forgot. Only you know the truth.

That seems to be your belief. You are entitled to it.

> The article "The Narcissistic
> Christ Complex" must not be about Christ Complex, since you said so.

The author has written so.

> >You probably misunderstood the article because English is
> >your *fifth* language.

> I'll ignore the usual, boring attack.

English is Matti's *fifth* language so this statement is one of fact rather than attack.

> It seems clear Matti, at least, understood it. <grin>

It seems that Matti's silence in this thread confirms that s/he has made an error in labelling me with the
"Christ Complex" moniker.

Humble servant of Christ,

Andrew

--

John9212112 wrote:

> >From: Steve [email protected]

> >On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:34:44 -0500, Bob Pastorio wrote
> >(in message <[email protected]>):
> >
> >> Even though the whole post smacks of fraud, note how she posted
> >> numbers, fake as they might be. Mu and Chung don't even do that
> >> claiming that it would violate patient confidentiality.

> >Actually, all the many posts in support of Chung and the success of the
> >2PD are compelling and eloquent by their absence.
> >
> >--
> >God's Other Humble Servant
> >
> >Steve

> Did you happen to read the first post of this thread? And several subsequent
> one? Mine?
>
> But see what happens when you post in support of Dr. Chung? They try to shout
> you down. No wonder most don't want to get involved.
>
> John

The untruthful are full of hatred toward the truthful.

They hiss but they remain de-fanged. Your and my composure are the best testimony
against them and for the truth.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:54:29 -0500, John9212112 wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

>> From: Steve [email protected]

>> On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:34:44 -0500, Bob Pastorio wrote
>> (in message <[email protected]>):
>>
>>> Even though the whole post smacks of fraud, note how she posted
>>> numbers, fake as they might be. Mu and Chung don't even do that
>>> claiming that it would violate patient confidentiality.

>> Actually, all the many posts in support of Chung and the success of the
>> 2PD are compelling and eloquent by their absence.
>>
>> --
>> God's Other Humble Servant
>>
>> Steve

> Did you happen to read the first post of this thread? And several subsequent
> one? Mine?

What part of "many" don't you understand?

--
God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

I have been asked to do some Googling. So I did. Maybe you should have done a
little googling on your own names before you asked me to do it for you.

The results: searching for posts to this newsgroup authored by Bob Pastorio I
found a total of 476 posts. I then searched for the same thing but without the
word "chung" in the messages and found a total of only 112 posts. I.e., at
least 75% of your posting has to do with Dr. Chung. Then I did a quick visual
search of the 112 posts and found that most of them also had to do with the war
against Dr. Chung.

Searching for Steve <[email protected]> I found a total of 67 posts. Of
these, only 4 did not contain the word, "chung". Tsk, tsk.

Searching for Matti Narkia I found 416 posts. Of these 205 did not contain the
word, "chung". A quick visual scan of these indicated that most of these 205
were not related to the war against Dr. Chung. But......50%??
And you seem to claim not to be heavily invested in this war? Is it any wonder
that I didn't notice or forgot about your on-topic posts? You've done a great
job of hiding them.

By the way, Matti, you may have neglected to consider the element of time in
claiming I was lying. I believe that I was speaking in the present tense. The
realization I referred to should have been obviously interpreted to mean AFTER
the first statement had been made.......unless you are deliberately assuming
the role of The Accuser. I hope not.

You guys really ought to find something better to do with your time. You could
start with the Gospel of Mark. It is the short one.

John