Suggestions 4 bike computer

charliechops

Oct 5, 2005
:) Looking for suggestions for a new bike computer for my road bike, something without a HRM would be good.Any ideas? Thanks for your help all....:rolleyes:

:) Looking for suggestions for a new bike computer for my road bike, something without a HRM would be good.Any ideas? Thanks for your help all....:rolleyes:

Cateye Mity 8 is good and relatively cheap, or Cateye Astrale 8 is the one you want if you need cadence readings as well.

I wouldn't be too fussed by wireless - although it looks neater, it's more likely to fail on you, and tends to chew up batteries. Wired ones are quite literally set and forget for a year or two at least.

Cateye Mity 8 is good and relatively cheap, or Cateye Astrale 8 is the one you want if you need cadence readings as well.

I wouldn't be too fussed by wireless - although it looks neater, it's more likely to fail on you, and tends to chew up batteries. Wired ones are quite literally set and forget for a year or two at least.

I use a Sigma 1600 on my road bike, with cadence. This is easily mounted without the need of any tools.

I also have a wireless computer which I purchased from K-mart, (Huffy i think). Its been working for about 1 year now, pretty reliable I might add.

I use a Sigma 1600 on my road bike, with cadence. This is easily mounted without the need of any tools.

I also have a wireless computer which I purchased from K-mart, (Huffy i think). Its been working for about 1 year now, pretty reliable I might add.

Avoid wireless if you go anywhere with transmitters, like my work! I think it is the wireless network, but I managed to do 240km today sitting at my desk... Now I am making a dinky little cover that will stop the rf.

Avoid wireless if you go anywhere with transmitters, like my work! I think it is the wireless network, but I managed to do 240km today sitting at my desk... Now I am making a dinky little cover that will stop the rf.

SteveWoll said:
i'm happy with my sigma BC1200

great price and well built for $30....

www.phantomcycles.com.au

SteveWoll said:

www.phantomcycles.com.au

SteveWoll said:
Wow, now you can have a pizza and a few beers - you earned it :)

SteveWoll said:
Wow, now you can have a pizza and a few beers - you earned it :)

I went for the cheapie Polar CS100. For around 200 bucks it has a HRM and is wireless (but no cadence, which I don't really miss anyway). Has an awesome display and as yet I've had no issues with interference but fingers crossed. Only had it for a month so I can't testify as to the battery life. Not sure how it stacks up in value vs other brands but this seemed a good option as it has all i need (being a newbie)

robalert said:

www.phantomcycles.com.au
My BC1200 seems to be reliable.
I was very surprised to see how much cheaper bike computers are compared to just a few years ago. My previous computer purchase (for my MTB) cost around $60-70 for LESS features than my my Sigma BC1200.