rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

Suggestions: Cycling trips / Camps?

Started by Jcuene · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,359 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
31 October 2003
Last activity
31 October 2003
Original author
Jcuene
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,359
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I'm looking for some help generating a comprehensive list of cycling trip opportunities for
    racers/triathletes. I'm trying to keep the list focused camps/tours where you can go and really
    get some good training in, not the "wine/cheese and 25k/day" tours, though there are a couple of
    those on there.

    The listings will go up on a site I'm building out: (cyclingtrips.comcyclingtrips.com).

    I've got a good start, but I know there are others out there.

    Does anyone have any recommendations for additions? I'd really appreciate them. The site is free to
    use, free to list and, hopefully, will become a great resource for riders/racers.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jim Cuene Plymouth, MN www.cyclingtrips.com

  2. "Jcuene" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I'm looking for some help generating a comprehensive list of cycling trip opportunities for
    racers/triathletes. I'm trying to keep the list focused camps/tours where you can go and really
    get some good training in, not the "wine/cheese and 25k/day" tours, though there are a couple of
    those on there.

    The listings will go up on a site I'm building out: (cyclingtrips.comcyclingtrips.com).

    I've got a good start, but I know there are others out there.

    Does anyone have any recommendations for additions? I'd really appreciate them. The site is free
    to use, free to list and, hopefully, will become a great resource for riders/racers.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jim Cuene Plymouth, MN www.cyclingtrips.com

    The Bicycle Tour of Colorado might qualify. Each year the route is different, and includes quite a
    bit of climbing in the Rockies (normally crossing the Continental Divide twice). This year, we did
    415 miles, and 32,000 feet of climbing, in 6 days of riding. Their website is:
    bicycletourcolo.combicycletourcolo.com

    The scenery is beautiful. I've posted some pictures from this year's tour at:
    shastasoftware.comBTC0017.htm

    --
    ~_-* ...G/ \G cyclistats.comcyclistats.com CycliStats - Software for Cyclists

  3. "Jcuene" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I'm looking for some help generating a comprehensive list of cycling trip opportunities for
    racers/triathletes. I'm trying to keep the list focused camps/tours where you can go and really
    get some good training in, not the "wine/cheese and 25k/day" tours, though there are a couple of
    those on there.


    pactour.compactour.com

    There's century week (yeah, a century a day for a week; I think there's an optional double century
    on the last day).

    There's brevet week: Sunday May 18 200 KM Brevet 7:00 AM start Monday May 19 300 KM Brevet 6:00 AM
    start Tuesday May 20 Rest Day Tour of Lake Geneva Wednesday May 21 400 KM Brevet 6:00 AM start
    Thursday May 22 Finish 400 KM Rest Day BBQ Evening Cookout Friday May 23 Rest Day Saturday May 24
    600 KM Brevet 6:00 AM Start Sunday May 25 Finish 600 KM brevet Sleep at motel

    There's a 25 day transcontinental tour, 3117 miles 125 miles per day 95,340 feet climbing Or, using
    a different route: 26 riding days 3470 miles 133.5 miles per day

    There's other options, too. I haven't been on any of these, but a friend went to brevet week and
    spoke well of it (he finished PBP, too.)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.