Suggestions for a new frame?

gertjan

Sep 28, 2003
I'm gonna put together my first road racer (always rode mountain bike and hybrids before). I have the opportunity to buy a used dura ace group pretty cheap so I'm gonna go for that. Basically the only thing I need is a (new or used) frame.
I'm 1.94 m tall and my inseam is 965 mm. According to the ".67" formula this would mean a (rounded down) 64 cm c-t frame. Now I read that for some taller racers this formula doesn't work out and it's better to subtract 28 cm from the inseam length and go with that. This would mean a 68 (!) cm frame, c-t. Anyone have experience with this issue? Besides that, I'm looking for an aluminum frame with a carbon fork, if you know of a good deal, pls let me know (I live in the Netherlands).

Originally posted by gertjan
I'm gonna put together my first road racer (always rode mountain bike and hybrids before). I have the opportunity to buy a used dura ace group pretty cheap so I'm gonna go for that. Basically the only thing I need is a (new or used) frame.
I'm 1.94 m tall and my inseam is 965 mm. According to the ".67" formula this would mean a (rounded down) 64 cm c-t frame. Now I read that for some taller racers this formula doesn't work out and it's better to subtract 28 cm from the inseam length and go with that. This would mean a 68 (!) cm frame, c-t. Anyone have experience with this issue? Besides that, I'm looking for an aluminum frame with a carbon fork, if you know of a good deal, pls let me know (I live in the Netherlands).

Hello gertjan. maybe you should try a Ridley frame? They are Belgian and sold en masse in the Benelux area at affordable prices. good luck

Originally posted by gertjan
Buying a frame that way is a good way to get hosed. Frames are also maeasured 3 different ways, and all 64s ae not the same,and Toptube length is as important or more so than nominal frame size.