Suggestions on lighting systems

David Johnston <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm fed up with my Niterider Trailrat always burning out its bulb! I've burnt out four bulbs in
> the last year and a half! I'm not even knocking the thing around or dropping it. It always burns
> out suddenly when I turn it on.

If a halogen bulb is operated at a low voltage, it's operating life will be greatly reduced. It has
to do with the fact that the bulb has to reach a certain temperature before the halogen inside of it
starts working to keep the filament inside from evaporating.

It could be the wiring has too much resistance and is eating too much voltage. Your battery could be
worn out as well and can't output enough voltage to keep the lamp burning a bright white color. This
is especially true with lead acid batteries like those found in the trail rat.

--
[email protected]