suggestions wanted for online vendors

Luppy

Aug 17, 2003
Guess I'm spoiled. I'm used to newegg sending my orders from California to Massachusetts in 3 days every time
(regular shipping)

Anyway, I ordered some stuff from from nashbar and I wasn't happy with the service. Placed the order on a Monday, and they didn't ship it until 3 days later, and then it took 12 days to get here so I'm in search of an online vendor for mountain bike stuff with good prices, that doesn't screw up the order, gets it here in at least a week, and has online order status.

Prefer recommendations on vendors you've had direct dealings with.

thanks folks :)

Thanks Ireman, appreciate the response. Seems like all the other forum members here are dead huh. lol.

Anyway, just as an FYI for lurkers who may be checking out this thread. So far I've tried Nashbar and Jenson. They both suck if you ask me. Nashbar didn't ship out my order until three days after I placed the order and the package arrived 12 days after that. Ohio to MA...(cmon, that's too long imo. I send stuff u.s. mail to San Antonio and it gets there in 3 or 4 days.)

Jenson = similar **** so far...I placed an order with this company
four days ago, they just got around to shipping it today! WTF. Neither one of the orders had anything on b.o. so I don't get it, but won't ever use either one again.

Originally posted by Luppy
Thanks Ireman, appreciate the response. Seems like all the other forum members here are dead huh. lol.

Anyway, just as an FYI for lurkers who may be checking out this thread. So far I've tried Nashbar and Jenson. They both suck if you ask me. Nashbar didn't ship out my order until three days after I placed the order and the package arrived 12 days after that. Ohio to MA...(cmon, that's too long imo. I send stuff u.s. mail to San Antonio and it gets there in 3 or 4 days.)

Jenson = similar **** so far...I placed an order with this company
four days ago, they just got around to shipping it today! WTF. Neither one of the orders had anything on b.o. so I don't get it, but won't ever use either one again.

Pfft, easiest way to solve yoru woes is to move to california :p

hehe. Victor, I'd love to move to Cali but not seeing it in my crystal ball...... But hey, check it out. I order from newegg at least 3 or 4 times a month and packages get from California to MA in 3 business days every time, so evidently these bike component dealers need to get up to speed, or lose customers.

BTW, This isn't intended to be a "rant", just wanted to give fair warning to other peeps.

happy riding folks. :cool:

Guess I'm spoiled. I'm used to newegg sending my orders from California to Massachusetts in 3 days every time
(regular shipping)

Anyway, I ordered some stuff from from nashbar and I wasn't happy with the service. Placed the order on a Monday, and they didn't ship it until 3 days later, and then it took 12 days to get here so I'm in search of an online vendor for mountain bike stuff with good prices, that doesn't screw up the order, gets it here in at least a week, and has online order status.

Prefer recommendations on vendors you've had direct dealings with.

thanks folks :)

generally, I find that no matter where you order from, it will takea week to get to the East coast unless you request 2 day shipping - then, somehow, Performance/Nashbar manage to ship your order the day you place it. If you get the Performance TEAM card ($20) then you always get the free upgrade to 2 day shipping.

.....and I've ordered from just about every online bike catalog :)

MtnBikerChk, would you please post a couple of the places you've had better service from?

As you have read, I won't be using nashbar or jenson again because I know there is better service out there to be had.

Thanks. appreciate your input.

MtnBikerChk, would you please post a couple of the places you've had better service from?

As you have read, I won't be using nashbar or jenson again because I know there is better service out there to be had.

Thanks. appreciate your input.

I always go to qbike.com and order from whoever has what I want the cheapest. you sacrafice time though - unless you upgrade to 2 day shipping, you are gonna wait for your stuff.

I like

www.pricepoint.com
jenson
performance
cambriabike.com
excelsports.com

and I think they are all west coast.