Sugoi bike knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider1977

Jul 19, 2003
Recently read a rave review about Sugoi bike knicks at cyclingnews.com

Made some inquiries with local bike shops but there is no agent in Australia. The www.sugoi.cn website did not list any Aus. dealers so I contacted them direct.

Today they sent me an email to say they would sell direct to me for CN$98 plus postage. These knicks sound as if they offer a high level of comfort so there may be other people interested. Perhaps if they get enough inquiries they'll organise a dealer here.

When Cadence Sports ( Andrew Bloxam?) used to have the agency for Sugoi, I used to buy them at trade so we have a collection of shirts and shorts that are still going strong after a lot of use.
I have Ultimate bibs and shorts which are great. The bibs being more comfortable than the shorts. These seem to be bombproof and are lasting forever. Their cheaper shorts which I bought for my wife (I do more kms than her) while very comfortable dont last any longer than normal.
They used to do some wild designs for the jersey's but he current crop seem pretty tame.

Definately worth the money

Cheers

geoffs

Originally posted by Spider1977

Made some inquiries with local bike shops but there is no agent in Australia. The www.sugoi.cn website did not list any Aus. dealers so I contacted them direct.

Today they sent me an email to say they would sell direct to me for CN$98 plus postage. These knicks sound as if they offer a high level of comfort so there may be other people interested. Perhaps if they get enough inquiries they'll organise a dealer here.
Hi
Read the same review, I would be interested in bib-nicks, the exchange is all most dollar for dollar. Very good value.
Tony P:)

Originally posted by tony@canberra
Hi
Read the same review, I would be interested in bib-nicks, the exchange is all most dollar for dollar. Very good value.
Tony P:)

Tony, this was the price for the bib knicks and it was $95, not $98 as I put in the previous post. I'm definitely going to get a pair.

test
"tony@canberra" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spider1977 wrote:
> > Recently read a rave review about Sugoi bike knicks at cyclingnews.com Made some inquiries
> > with local bike shops but there is no agent in Australia. The www.sugoi.cn website did not
> > list any Aus. dealers so I contacted them direct. Today they sent me an email to say they
> > would sell direct to me for CN$98 plus postage. These knicks sound as if they offer a high
> > level
of
> > comfort so there may be other people interested. Perhaps if they get enough inquiries they'll
> > organise a dealer here.
>
>
> Hi Read the same review, I would be interested in bib-nicks, the exchange is all most dollar for
> dollar. Very good value. Tony P:)
>
>
>
> --

I have some sugoi knicks I got while in Canada - they're very good. Some of their wet weather gear
is the best there is too.

Nick

"tony@canberra" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spider1977 wrote:
> > Recently read a rave review about Sugoi bike knicks at cyclingnews.com Made some inquiries
> > with local bike shops but there is no agent in Australia. The www.sugoi.cn website did not
> > list any Aus. dealers so I contacted them direct. Today they sent me an email to say they
> > would sell direct to me for CN$98 plus postage. These knicks sound as if they offer a high
> > level
of
> > comfort so there may be other people interested. Perhaps if they get enough inquiries they'll
> > organise a dealer here.
>
>
> Hi Read the same review, I would be interested in bib-nicks, the exchange is all most dollar for
> dollar. Very good value. Tony P:)
>
>
>
> --

Spider1977 <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> Recently read a rave review about Sugoi bike knicks at cyclingnews.com
>
> Made some inquiries with local bike shops but there is no agent in Australia. The www.sugoi.cn
> website did not list any Aus. dealers so I contacted them direct.

Shouldn't the link be www.sugoi.ca?

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Hello,

How much will it be all up including postage? I have the Assos campionissimo (cost a ton) but the great Castelli Progetto at half the cost is heaps more comfy.

Boon.

Tony, this was the price for the bib knicks and it was $95, not $98 as I put in the previous post. I'm definitely going to get a pair.

Originally posted by Drs

Shouldn't the link be www.sugoi.ca?

[/B]

Yes you are right, sorry for the typo.

As for postage cost, I don't know - will tell you when they arrive. The staff were pretty friendly, so hopefully I won't get ripped off on P&H charges.

Originally posted by powinc
I've seen Sugoi stuff on Ebay in the US. So that's www.ebay.com, not www.ebay.com.au!

I did a quick search and 28 items came up.

powinc

These were the prices quoted to me for shipping (Canadian dollars)

FedEx Int'l Priority - $126.77 (24-48 hrs) - you must be kidding, I didn't expect them to be accompanied baggage!
Post Air - $23.95 (10 days) - my choice, how many laps of the world will they do in that time?
Post Ground - $10.70 (3-4 weeks) - I can't wait that long!

So CAN $95 + $24 = $119 for the bib knicks = AUD121 which is bloody good value for bib knicks with such a great recommendation, compared to what else is on the market. I'll let you all know what I think of them when they arrive (some time next week I expect).

My Sugoi knicks arrived about 10 days ago. They weren't the bib knicks which I thought I'd ordered. However, the above review was right. They are easily the most comfortable knicks I have worn. The padding is very comfortable in and out of the seat and the fabric is very comfortable - somewhat heavier than lycra but it breathes really well and gives support around the hamstrings. They look much better than lycra too. I can thoroughly recommend them. At AUD$121 delivered to my door the shorts (not bib shorts) are still pretty good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.