Sugoi or Louis Garneau

Maverick02

Jul 30, 2010
I've heard a lot of good things about the Louis Garneau equipe bib shorts so I'm really considering those. However, the new Sugoi ti bib just came out and seem to be selling like hot cakes, not to mention they look awesome. Does anyone recommend one over the other and why? I like the way the Sugoi look, however no one has reviewed them except for the bicycling website and that was from an editor, so who knows. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks ,
Jared

Maverick02 said:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Louis Garneau equipe bib shorts so I'm really considering those. However, the new Sugoi ti bib just came out and seem to be selling like hot cakes, not to mention they look awesome. Does anyone recommend one over the other and why? I like the way the Sugoi look, however no one has reviewed them except for the bicycling website and that was from an editor, so who knows. Any help is appreciated.

I used Sugoi bibs for a while, but I found them to have bad durability and quality control issues. That was a few....4-5....years ago, so maybe things have changed since then. I'd give the Louis Garneau a look. Currently, my faves are Giordana bibs, followed closely by Assos. If I were you, I'd take a look at Girodana's Tenax and Silverline bibs. The Silverlines, especially, are a really good deal and have a stonking reputation.

I'd pick which ever ones fit the best. Shorts are definitely a function first, fashion second item.

At the moment I'm very impressed with the Pearl Izumi pro bib shorts. No the cheapest but on the comfort to price scale they're great. As comfy as Assos, better that Descente...

I ride the Garneaus and love them. The chamois is amazingly comfortable. But most of all I love the leg grip at the bottom of the leg. It is a compression fit rather than a silicon or rubber leg grip, so it doesn't pull at my leg hair (which I refuse to shave off). There is also a nice little pocket mid shoulder blades for a team radio or mp3 player. Nice touch.

Thanks for the help. I'll definitely take a look at the silverline and Garneau. They seem to be the most reliable. Right now I am using Pearl Izumi shorts, not the bib and in my opinion the chamios isn't enough for me. The shorts feel great but I start to get sore after a long ride.Really appreciate the input.