Suitcase style bike-box - have you seen it?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by J. Alain Ferry, May 15, 2003.

  1. Two years ago I saw a bike-box for travel that resembled a large hard-shell suitcase. It seemed tall
    enough to handle larger framse
    (60cm) quite well. I think Supergo carried it online but they were sold-out.

    If I remember correctly, it was made by a German company. Does anyone know of it and/or where to
    find it? (note: it's not Trico or Tri-all or any of the other better known cases) It looked like it
    would pass as a suitcase, or at least help avoid the $100 "is that a bike in there?" question.

    thanks for your help. -velospeed

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    You mean this one?: http://www.tc1.de/koffer.htm

    "J. Alain Ferry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Two years ago I saw a bike-box for travel that resembled a large hard-shell suitcase. It seemed
    > tall enough to handle larger framse
    > (60cm) quite well. I think Supergo carried it online but they were sold-out.
    >
    > If I remember correctly, it was made by a German company. Does anyone know of it and/or where to
    > find it? (note: it's not Trico or Tri-all or any of the other better known cases) It looked like
    > it would pass as a suitcase, or at least help avoid the $100 "is that a bike in there?" question.
    >
    > thanks for your help. -velospeed

  3. > Two years ago I saw a bike-box for travel that resembled a large
    >> hard-shell suitcase. It seemed tall enough to handle larger framse
    >> (60cm) quite well.

    "Pedal Pack Deluxe" matches your discription http://www.getfitsports.com/travel_cases.htm Expensive,
    lockable and looks like a big suitcase.

    Steve

  4. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > that's it! thanks so much... now I just gotta' find someone that sells
    it.

    Math Salden in the Netherlands sells it for 325 euro + 25 euro for shipping outside the Netherlands.

    http://www.salden.nl/winkel/race/index2.html

    It's mainly in Dutch. The suitcase is at Diversen, Fietskoffers. At the tab Bestellijst on top of
    the screen you can enter your order.

    "J. Alain Ferry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news
    > > You mean this one?: http://www.tc1.de/koffer.htm
    > >

    > that's it! thanks so much... now I just gotta' find someone that sells
    iu.

  5. Jack Fortune

    Jack Fortune Guest

    On 15 May 2003 13:21:21 -0700, [email protected] (J. Alain Ferry) wrote:

    <snip>

    > It looked like it would pass as a suitcase, or at least help avoid the $100 "is that a bike in
    > there?" question.

    Please note that the upcharge for checking bicycles is based on the fact that in most cases they are
    *oversized* luggage. These travel cases mentioned in this thread, while looking like a suitcase, are
    larger than the usual 62-inch combined length width & height maximum size.

    Jack Fortune

  6. Spacey Spade

    Spacey Spade Guest

    That's why you's gotta getcha one a these: http://www.sandsmachine.com/