Suits you sir!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alex Graham, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who do
    this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by wearing
    it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.

    ta

    -Alex

    --
    ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who
    > do this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by
    > wearing it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.

    Fold it neatly, pack it a pannier, cycle, un pack, hang up.

    Easy.

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who
    > do this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by
    > wearing it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.
    >
    > ta
    >
    > -Alex
    >
    > --
    > ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

    Alex, A jacket can be folded small enough to fit into a rucksack. Lay it on it's back. Cross the
    arms to diagonally opposite corners across the front. Fold the jacket in half, bottom to top. Fold
    the jacket in half, left to right. Jacket should now be able to fit in rucksack / pannier whatever,
    with a little care. As long as it isn't in situ too long, any creases will drop out fairly shortly
    after being removed from bag. Body heat helps with this if you wear it immediately after removing
    from bag. HTH, Dave.

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Dave <[email protected]> typed:

    > Alex, A jacket can be folded small enough to fit into a rucksack. Lay it on it's back. Cross the
    > arms to diagonally opposite corners across the front. Fold the jacket in half, bottom to top. Fold
    > the jacket in half, left to right. Jacket should now be able to fit in rucksack / pannier
    > whatever, with a little care. As long as it isn't in situ too long, any creases will drop out
    > fairly shortly after being removed from bag. Body heat helps with this if you wear it immediately
    > after removing from bag.

    The veteran traveller advice is roll, don't fold. Folding leads to creases, rolling doesn't

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  5. [email protected] schreef ...
    > In news:[email protected], Dave <[email protected]> typed:
    > >
    > > Alex, A jacket can be folded small enough to fit into a rucksack. Lay it on it's back. Cross the
    > > arms to diagonally opposite corners across the front. Fold the jacket in half, bottom to top.
    > > Fold the jacket in half, left to right. Jacket should now be able to fit in rucksack / pannier
    > > whatever, with a little care. As long as it isn't in situ too long, any creases will drop out
    > > fairly shortly after being removed from bag. Body heat helps with this if you wear it
    > > immediately after removing from bag.
    >

    > The veteran traveller advice is roll, don't fold. Folding leads to creases, rolling doesn't

    And buy decent suits. In general: the cheaper, the more creases you get.

    --
    Regards, Marten

  6. Ian

    Ian Guest

    I used to leave a suit at work and change when I got there.

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

  8. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Leave two there and then you have one to wear while the other is getting cleaned.

    Ian

  9. Alex Graham wrote:
    > Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who
    > do this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by
    > wearing it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.
    >
    > ta
    >
    > -Alex

    <useless>

    Get a tandem and a blow up doll, attach blow up doll to back seat, problem solved.

    </useless

  10. On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:12:39 +0000 (UTC), Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who do
    >this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by wearing
    >it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.
    >
    >ta
    >
    >-Alex

    Altura suit carrier. Holds suit + shoes etc. Allows heel clearance. Good for carrying suits
    even when travelling sans bike - although concealed metallic clips may cause consternation at
    airport security.

    What more do you want?

  11. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    [Not Responding] wrote:

    > Altura suit carrier. Holds suit + shoes etc. Allows heel clearance. Good for carrying suits even
    > when travelling sans bike - although concealed metallic clips may cause consternation at airport
    > security.
    >
    > What more do you want?

    Blimey - I cant find it with google. Could you point me to a URL?

    --
    -Alex

    ----------------------------------
    [email protected] www.westerleycycling.org.uk http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php
    ----------------------------------

  12. Daniel Wilcox wrote:

    > <useless>
    >
    > Get a tandem and a blow up doll, attach blow up doll to back seat, problem solved.
    >
    > </useless>

    Gold star for Mr. Wilcox!

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  13. "Daniel Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Get a tandem and a blow up doll, attach blow up doll to back seat, problem solved.

    ISTR reading that was a *real* cagers' solution to a US state law where there was a lane which
    banned single occupancy vehicles, and watched CCTV! Rather than share their cars, some motorists
    dressed the dolls in womens clothing so they could still drive to work. This subterfugre was
    apparently

    dolls...

    Alex

  14. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > ISTR reading that was a *real* cagers' solution to a US state law where there was a lane which
    > banned single occupancy vehicles, and watched CCTV! Rather than share their cars, some motorists
    > dressed the dolls in womens clothing so they could still drive to work.
    <snip>

    I like the rather more unique attempt to qualify for the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane. A lone
    driver from a nearby mortuary was stopped and claimed that he was entitled as he had three corpses
    in the back! :)

    Have (living) fun!

    Graeme

  15. Mr John X

    Mr John X Guest

    Legs in the trousers, arms in the jacket, dont forget the shoes, on the bike
    ............................ "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who
    > do this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by
    > wearing it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.
    >
    > ta
    >
    > -Alex
    >
    > --
    > ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

  16. Mr John X

    Mr John X Guest

    Legs in the trousers, arms inthe jacket ...................... "Alex Graham" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > Can anyone give me any tips on carrying a suit on a bike? I'm sure there must be people here who
    > do this occasionally. Do you carry it in a suit bag somehow slung over the pannier rack, or by
    > wearing it? Its the jacket transport which is the problem rather than trousers.
    >
    > ta
    >
    > -Alex
    >
    > --
    > ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

  17. "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]" <[email protected]> wrote: ( "Daniel Wilcox"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message ) news:[email protected]... ( > Get a tandem and
    a blow up doll, attach blow up doll to back seat, ) > problem solved. ( > ) ISTR reading that was a
    *real* cagers' solution to a US state law where ( there was a lane which banned single occupancy
    vehicles, and watched CCTV! ) Rather than share their cars, some motorists dressed the dolls in
    womens ( clothing so they could still drive to work. This subterfugre was apparently

    ( dolls...

    Bosco Inc. of Akron, Ohio were the sole and original manufacturers of Bosco's Collapsible Rubber
    Driver, a device (which I am sure you can imagine) for preventing the theft of motor cars.

    Don't tell me you've never come across Bosco's Collapsible Rubber Driver. What has happened to the
    education of the youth of today? What did you do in "history" in school?