Sumitomo Titanium road bike - Attn A Muzi

Hi Andy,

I just discovered your webpage on Sumitomo Ti road bike (http://
www.yellowjersey.org/SUMITOMO.HTML) and realized that it's identical
to mine. I bought mine used and it was decaled "Fuji Titanium" and
when I looked it up (on RBT of course) someone indicated that the Fuji
Ti's were made by Sandvik. The problem was that my seapost was an odd
diameter (I had to manually sand a 26.8mm post down to get it to
fit). I thought it was odd that Sandvik would make the post such an
irregular size, but now it looks like my bike is a Sumitomo with a
26.4mm post.

My question is, do you know if in fact Fuji branded some Sumi's and if
there are any stampings or features that would confirm that mine is a
Sumi and not another similar looking Ti?

Thanks,
Josh

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I just discovered your webpage on Sumitomo Ti road bike (http://
> www.yellowjersey.org/SUMITOMO.HTML) and realized that it's identical
> to mine. I bought mine used and it was decaled "Fuji Titanium" and
> when I looked it up (on RBT of course) someone indicated that the Fuji
> Ti's were made by Sandvik. The problem was that my seapost was an odd
> diameter (I had to manually sand a 26.8mm post down to get it to
> fit). I thought it was odd that Sandvik would make the post such an
> irregular size, but now it looks like my bike is a Sumitomo with a
> 26.4mm post.
>
> My question is, do you know if in fact Fuji branded some Sumi's and if
> there are any stampings or features that would confirm that mine is a
> Sumi and not another similar looking Ti?

Sumitomo built for many private labels. Their forged frame ends are a
unique identifier. I think this is only tangentially a subject for
r.b.t.; you can always write me directly.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org