Summer Cycling Gloves opinions please

Gretzky1

Aug 14, 2009
Hey Guys

Im looking for a good pair of summer cycling gloves, i have used Castelli winter gloves & they have been pretty good. But im looking for some decent summer gloves.
What do you guys use and any reccomendations?

Gretzky1 said:
Hey Guys

Im looking for a good pair of summer cycling gloves, i have used Castelli winter gloves & they have been pretty good. But im looking for some decent summer gloves.
What do you guys use and any reccomendations?
Cheap padded Nashbar gloves with the web back are all I use. After all, they are only to provide padding in addition to what is provided by the handlebar tape and to protect my palms in the event of a fall. Why spend a lot of money on something that may get torn up performing one of its intended functions? And the webbing makes for some really interesting sun tan designs on the back of my hands.

I just use the Trek or Paramount summer gloves. They look almost identical, possibly made by the same company and just badged for whoever is going to retail them?

Anyway, they have open fingers, leather palms with padding, mesh backs with a terry clothatch in the v between the forefinger and thumb for wiping your brow, and a velcro wrist strap.

I've got 1 pair that's prolly less than 5 years old, and 2 more that are prolly almost 15 years old.

Nashbar and Performance bike should start some pretty good discounts on summer clothing before too long, so keep your eye out for the good deals.

You shouldn't ever have to pay full retail price if you're patient, and I usually only buy when I can get 50% off or better.

Nashbar has a 70% sale going on until wednesday. there were a few gloves in there. im a fan of cheapo gloves. id much rather spend 10-15 on them and replace them every year or 2 than spend 40 and probably have to replace them in the same time frame