Summer cycling gloves with long cuffs for sun protection

rms

Guest
Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
any pointers !

rms

rms wrote, On 5/12/2008 10:43 AM:
> Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
> pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
> glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
> http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
> cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
> any pointers !
>
> rms

Why don't you wear normal summer cycling gloves and put a pair of those
REI gloves over top of them?

Me? I prefer to wear my Specialized BG Gel gloves and sunscreen...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Paul O <[email protected]> wrote:
> rms wrote, On 5/12/2008 10:43 AM:
>> Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
>> pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
>> glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
>> http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
>> cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
>> any pointers !
>>

> Why don't you wear normal summer cycling gloves and put a pair of those
> REI gloves over top of them?

Or he could find a local crafter/seamstress that would probably be glad
to attach some sleeve material to regular bike gloves. Etsy.com accepts
bids on that sort of work if you want go all web 1.9 about it.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
.... in three to eight years we will have a machine with the general
incalculable ... -- Marvin Minsky, LIFE Magazine, November 20, 1970

rms wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
> pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
> glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
> http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
> cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
> any pointers !
>
> rms

For full finger gloves for both off-road or cool weather use, I found
that mechanics gloves are as good/better and cheaper (I also cut off the
fingers sometimes). Mechanics gloves and motorcycle/ATV gloves are
available in lightweight styles with gel, don't know about color (camo?).

"rms" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs
> that pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The
> 'driving glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these
> gloves http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed
> for cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks
> for any pointers !
>
> rms

If the day ever comes when I'm so worried about UV that I start covering
myself up in the summer while riding, I think I'll just go take Spin
classes.

"Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:

>If the day ever comes when I'm so worried about UV that I start covering
>myself up in the summer while riding, I think I'll just go take Spin
>classes.

You will change your mind the day the doc tells you
"its a skin cancer"

Happened to me