Summer of Inactivity

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Velvet, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Woody wrote:

    > What a bummer!
    >
    > Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying all the
    > space between double rows of parked cars. Result one fractured forearm and
    > a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to mend and no cycling over the
    > summer. I have had to cancel the family holiday to France when I had
    > permission to take the bike up some serious (for me) hills.
    >
    > I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself
    >
    > Woody

    Oopsie! Hope you heal quick, that's a real bummer!

    --

    Velvet

    Tags:

  2. Woody

    Woody Guest

    What a bummer!

    Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying all the
    space between double rows of parked cars. Result one fractured forearm and
    a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to mend and no cycling over the
    summer. I have had to cancel the family holiday to France when I had
    permission to take the bike up some serious (for me) hills.

    I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself

    Woody

  3. Nasty - I hope you heal completely and soon.
    Cheers, helen s

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Woody wrote:
    > What a bummer!
    >
    > Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying
    > all the space between double rows of parked cars. Result one
    > fractured forearm and a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to
    > mend and no cycling over the summer. I have had to cancel the family
    > holiday to France when I had permission to take the bike up some
    > serious (for me) hills.
    >
    > I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself

    Hold on, the summer's hardly started yet. I bet the weather is good in 4
    weeks time and you might be mended enough by then to go for a few nice
    spins. Good luck!

    ~PB

  5. "Woody" <[email protected]> writes:
    > "Pete Biggs" <pcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Hold on, the summer's hardly started yet. I bet the weather is good in 4
    > > weeks time and you might be mended enough by then to go for a few nice
    > > spins. Good luck!
    > >

    > Thanks Pete, you have made me feel better already, though the chances of any
    > prolonged decent weather this summer seem remote

    You can get good weather any time of the year in this country. Trouble
    is in winter, it doesn't last into the evenings. But summer evenings
    are gorgeous. They can be enjoyed sitting on the patio with a drink as
    well as cycling, of course.

  6. Woody

    Woody Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <pcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hold on, the summer's hardly started yet. I bet the weather is good in 4
    > weeks time and you might be mended enough by then to go for a few nice
    > spins. Good luck!
    >
    > ~PB

    Thanks Pete, you have made me feel better already, though the chances of any
    prolonged decent weather this summer seem remote

    Woody

  7. Pete whelan

    Pete whelan Guest

    Woody wrote:
    > What a bummer!
    >
    > Came off when braking in the wet downhill to avoid a bus occupying all the
    > space between double rows of parked cars. Result one fractured forearm and
    > a badly bruised hip. Estimated 4-6 weeks to mend and no cycling over the
    > summer. I have had to cancel the family holiday to France when I had
    > permission to take the bike up some serious (for me) hills.
    >
    > I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself
    >
    > Woody

    Get better soon. I know what it feels like; I was off the bike for two
    months last summer; still trying to use up the holiday from last year.

  8. paul

    paul Guest

    > Woody wrote:
    > > I have no point to make just feeling sorry for myself
    > >
    > > Woody
    > >

    > Get better soon. I know what it feels like; I was off the bike for two
    > months last summer; still trying to use up the holiday from last year.

    yeahbut your injury was sport related and therefore self inflicted, so
    you get less sympathy than Woody :) And a surfit of holiday earns you
    even less sympathy, take the time off damn it.

    btw, I couldn't get round to yours this evening, so I'll hopefully catch
    up with you before the end of the week.
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.