Sunday evening observations

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by paul, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. paul

    paul Guest

    For no apparent reason other than I don't have to go to work tomorrow,
    so my mind is free to wander :)

    Guy, do you and Mr Ed have a history over on arbr. I mean apart from
    your apparent openmindedness (<dangerous assumption> if some one
    provided sensible evidence[1] that helmets work, you would be accept it
    wouldn't you?) with a leaning ot live and let live and his accertations
    that you are wrong becuase he is right (and RIGHT!), you both agree that
    recumbents are 'better' then those uprong things, so it seems a shame
    that he is so vitriolic

    Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
    currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
    again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
    the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

    Oh, and did I mention, a helmet saved my life the other day. Well it
    might have saved it, possibly. Maybe. You see I wasn#t wearing it, and
    as I approached the bend in the road. The down hill, advers camber bend
    in the road. That was the scene of my helmet testing previoulsy. And it
    was a mizzelly evening, not unlike the last time. I consiously thought,
    'I'm going a bit fast here, I shopuld slow down, I am riding my bike ba
    t'at and I don't want a metting of the road and my head. So I slowed
    down, and proceeded with caution. So you see, my helmet saved my life by
    not being on my head. QED.
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.
     
    Tags:


  2. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:51:04 +0000 (UTC), paul
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Guy, do you and Mr Ed have a history over on arbr.


    Only in as much as it was me who coined the name Mr. Ed :)

    >I mean apart from
    >your apparent openmindedness (<dangerous assumption> if some one
    >provided sensible evidence[1] that helmets work, you would be accept it
    >wouldn't you?)


    Yes. I started as being strongly pro helmet, and was persuaded
    otherwise by the evidence, so it is equally possible that I could be
    persuaded the other way if the evidence indicated it.

    >with a leaning ot live and let live and his accertations
    >that you are wrong becuase he is right (and RIGHT!), you both agree that
    >recumbents are 'better' then those uprong things, so it seems a shame
    >that he is so vitriolic


    Ah, well, Mr. Ed is inclined to turn every thread to politics; his
    response to evidence he doesn't like is, as you say, to say he is
    "right" and the evidence wrong.

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University
     
  3. paul wrote:

    > Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
    > currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
    > again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
    > the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.


    Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
    able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
    too idle to change my .sig as well.

    Or something.

    --

    Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
    ===========================================================
     
  4. paul

    paul Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > paul wrote:
    >
    > > Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
    > > currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
    > > again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
    > > the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

    >
    > Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
    > able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
    > too idle to change my .sig as well.
    >
    > Or something.
    >
    >

    Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
    garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.
     
  5. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    paul wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >
    >>paul wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
    >>>currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
    >>>again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
    >>>the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

    >>
    >>Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
    >>able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
    >>too idle to change my .sig as well.
    >>
    >>Or something.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
    > garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'


    Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)

    --


    Velvet
     
  6. paul

    paul Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]in says...

    > >
    > > Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
    > > garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'

    >
    > Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)
    >
    >

    I've a wife who provides pleny of those, just not for things like
    building the new shed/workshop, finshing the canoe trailer, fixing the
    V-brakes from the grasshopper to the cannondale. You know, the important
    little jobs. Mind you, I've resisted the tuits for fixing the new
    bathroom sink, or the new towel rail, though I can feel a head of steam
    building in that direction :(
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.
     
  7. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:12:51 GMT, Velvet <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)


    <URL: http://www.passco.com/tuit.htm>

    James
     
  8. Velvet wrote:

    > Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
    > tuits :)


    I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
    couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
    out...

    Bah!

    --

    Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
    ===========================================================
     
  9. Dave Larrington wrote:

    >> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
    >> tuits :)


    > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
    > clearout a couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if
    > I threw them out...


    Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think not. No
    Sheddi would clear out the Shed!

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
    University
     
  10. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:44:09 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
    >couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
    >out...


    The first round tuit I saw was in my mother's VAT office's staff
    notice board. The year: 1974.

    James
     
  11. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:
    >
    > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
    > couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
    > out...
    >


    Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
    them out you've got a round tuit.

    Tony
     
  12. Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:
    > Dave Larrington wrote:
    > > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
    > > clearout a
    > > couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
    > > out...

    > Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
    > them out you've got a round tuit.


    I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.

    Can you get them on ebay?

    A
     
  13. Ambrose Nankivell <[email protected]> writes:

    > Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:
    > > Dave Larrington wrote:
    > > > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
    > > > clearout a
    > > > couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
    > > > out...

    > > Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
    > > them out you've got a round tuit.

    >
    > I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.
    >
    > Can you get them on ebay?


    Of course, they come in the category.

    Home > All Categories > Everything Else > Metaphysical

    Only cost £0.49 at the moment.

    A
     
  14. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
    >
    > I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.
    >
    > Can you get them on ebay?
    >


    Very few people get a round tuit on ebay

    Tony
     
  15. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > Dave Larrington wrote:
    >
    >>> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
    >>> tuits :)

    >
    >> I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
    >> clearout a couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if
    >> I threw them out...

    >
    > Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think
    > not. No Sheddi would clear out the Shed!


    Ah, but a Cyclist might, as with all the new books recently acquired, it was
    fast becoming infeasible to store both the books AND the Trice in the living
    room...

    --

    Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
    ===========================================================
     
  16. On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:02:42 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >> Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think
    >> not. No Sheddi would clear out the Shed!


    >Ah, but a Cyclist might, as with all the new books recently acquired, it was
    >fast becoming infeasible to store both the books AND the Trice in the living
    >room...


    Shame about the books, then.

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University
     
Loading...
Loading...