Sunday evening observations

paul

Guest
For no apparent reason other than I don't have to go to work tomorrow,
so my mind is free to wander :)

Guy, do you and Mr Ed have a history over on arbr. I mean apart from
your apparent openmindedness (<dangerous assumption> if some one
provided sensible evidence[1] that helmets work, you would be accept it
wouldn't you?) with a leaning ot live and let live and his accertations
that you are wrong becuase he is right (and RIGHT!), you both agree that
recumbents are 'better' then those uprong things, so it seems a shame
that he is so vitriolic

Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

Oh, and did I mention, a helmet saved my life the other day. Well it
might have saved it, possibly. Maybe. You see I wasn#t wearing it, and
as I approached the bend in the road. The down hill, advers camber bend
in the road. That was the scene of my helmet testing previoulsy. And it
was a mizzelly evening, not unlike the last time. I consiously thought,
'I'm going a bit fast here, I shopuld slow down, I am riding my bike ba
t'at and I don't want a metting of the road and my head. So I slowed
down, and proceeded with caution. So you see, my helmet saved my life by
not being on my head. QED.
--
..paul

If at first you don't succeed...
Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:51:04 +0000 (UTC), paul
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Guy, do you and Mr Ed have a history over on arbr.

Only in as much as it was me who coined the name Mr. Ed :)

>I mean apart from
>your apparent openmindedness (<dangerous assumption> if some one
>provided sensible evidence[1] that helmets work, you would be accept it
>wouldn't you?)

Yes. I started as being strongly pro helmet, and was persuaded
otherwise by the evidence, so it is equally possible that I could be
persuaded the other way if the evidence indicated it.

>with a leaning ot live and let live and his accertations
>that you are wrong becuase he is right (and RIGHT!), you both agree that
>recumbents are 'better' then those uprong things, so it seems a shame
>that he is so vitriolic

Ah, well, Mr. Ed is inclined to turn every thread to politics; his
response to evidence he doesn't like is, as you say, to say he is
"right" and the evidence wrong.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

paul wrote:

> Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
> currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
> again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
> the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
too idle to change my .sig as well.

Or something.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> paul wrote:
>
> > Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
> > currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
> > again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
> > the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

> Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
> able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
> too idle to change my .sig as well.
>
> Or something.

Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'
--

paul wrote:

>>paul wrote:
>>

>>>Dave, [legs, etc] why do you still have a link in your sig to your
>>>currently pensioned off web site? Why won't you let it out to play
>>>again? it was a major insperation when I was thinking of going over to
>>>the darkside, it seems a shame to let it languish.

>>Because I am a bone-idle layabout and have not, for a variety reasons, been
>>able to dredge up the enthusiasm to update it in agesandagesandages, and I'm
>>too idle to change my .sig as well.
>>
>>Or something.
>>

> Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
> garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'

Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)

--

Velvet

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected]in says...

> > Ah, a man after my own heart. I have a stack of bit's and pieces in my
> > garage that belong to various 'job's in progress'

> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)

I've a wife who provides pleny of those, just not for things like
building the new shed/workshop, finshing the canoe trailer, fixing the
V-brakes from the grasshopper to the cannondale. You know, the important
little jobs. Mind you, I've resisted the tuits for fixing the new
bathroom sink, or the new towel rail, though I can feel a head of steam
building in that direction :(
--
..paul

If at first you don't succeed...
Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:12:51 GMT, Velvet <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round tuits :)

James

Velvet wrote:

> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
> tuits :)

I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
out...

Bah!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington wrote:

>> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
>> tuits :)

> I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
> clearout a couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if
> I threw them out...

Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think not. No
Sheddi would clear out the Shed!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:44:09 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
>couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
>out...

The first round tuit I saw was in my mother's VAT office's staff
notice board. The year: 1974.

James

Dave Larrington wrote:

> I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed clearout a
> couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
> out...

Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
them out you've got a round tuit.

Tony

Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:
> Dave Larrington wrote:
> > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
> > clearout a
> > couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
> > out...

> Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
> them out you've got a round tuit.

I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.

Can you get them on ebay?

Ambrose Nankivell <[email protected]> writes:

> Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes:
> > Dave Larrington wrote:
> > > I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
> > > clearout a
> > > couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if I threw them
> > > out...

> > Can't happen. As soon as you gather all your round tuits up and throw
> > them out you've got a round tuit.

> I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.
>
> Can you get them on ebay?

Of course, they come in the category.

Home > All Categories > Everything Else > Metaphysical

Only cost £0.49 at the moment.

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

> I can't see how anyone could ever have a surplus, myself.
>
> Can you get them on ebay?

Very few people get a round tuit on ebay

Tony

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> Dave Larrington wrote:
>
>>> Sounds like you both need to get hold of a goodly amount of round
>>> tuits :)

>> I had loads of these, but threw 'em out when I did a major Shed
>> clearout a couple of months ago. I /knew/ I'd find a use for them if
>> I threw them out...

> Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think
> not. No Sheddi would clear out the Shed!

Ah, but a Cyclist might, as with all the new books recently acquired, it was
fast becoming infeasible to store both the books AND the Trice in the living
room...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:02:42 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>> Impostor! A _shed_ clearout, maybe, but a Shed clearout? I think
>> not. No Sheddi would clear out the Shed!

>Ah, but a Cyclist might, as with all the new books recently acquired, it was
>fast becoming infeasible to store both the books AND the Trice in the living
>room...

Shame about the books, then.