Sunday Mirror

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Robert Bruce, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Robert Bruce

    Robert Bruce Guest

    There's an article in today's Sunday Mirror that points out that Wayne Rooney, the Everton and
    England footballer is desperate to pass his driving test because he used to live round the corner
    from his girlfriend and now he lives 'over a mile away'.

    I think we're fighting a losing battle.

    --
    Rob

    Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute and benefit.

    Tags:

  2. Robert Bruce wrote:
    > There's an article in today's Sunday Mirror that points out that Wayne Rooney, the Everton and
    > England footballer is desperate to pass his driving test because he used to live round the corner
    > from his girlfriend and now he lives 'over a mile away'.
    >
    > I think we're fighting a losing battle.

    Being of the f**tb*ll ilk, I'm surprised he doesn't just jog it.

    Actually that's a lie. I'm not surprised at all.

    --
    Dnc

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Robert Bruce <robatanalytical-dynamicsdotcodotyoukay> wrote:

    > I think we're fighting a losing battle.

    True! :-(

    Even readers of URC now number Sunday Mirror reeeeders! :-(

    --
    Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
    http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

  4. Instead of Roonaldo soon there will be Roundaldo

  5. > Being of the f**tb*ll ilk, I'm surprised he doesn't just jog it.

    I have family in that area (West Derby/Croxteth), and I went to the same school as Rooney (but many
    years before). Jog it? I don't even take my *car* there!

    Pete.

  6. Andy Hibbins

    Andy Hibbins Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:02:51 +0100, Robert Bruce wrote:

    > There's an article in today's Sunday Mirror that points out that Wayne Rooney, the Everton and
    > England footballer is desperate to pass his driving test because he used to live round the corner
    > from his girlfriend and now he lives 'over a mile away'.

    The lazy b'ger.

    > I think we're fighting a losing battle.

    I suppose so, but you'd think a professional footballer would think nothing of cycling, running or
    walking a mile.

  7. Robert Bruce

    Robert Bruce Guest

    "Andy Hibbins" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > you'd think a professional footballer would think nothing of cycling, running or walking a mile.

    Having thought about this, I would suspect that a professional footballer's insurance might have
    clauses preventing something that's perceived as 'dangerous' like cycling on city roads. Much safer
    to have Roy Keane jumping at you, studs raised, with both feet. Nevertheless, a mile is but a
    fifteen minute stroll for a fit young man, isn't it?