Sunday riding

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
I have just joined a club in our village. It is called Sunday Riders. The target is to log a certain number of kilometers per month. But part of the mechanics is riding inside the village only, tours and errands outside will not be counted. What's good is the prizes for the monthly achievers since there are sponsors. This project is spearheaded by the Ladies' Club of the village.

Wow, that's such a great opportunity to excel in cycling and at the same time, reap some profits out of it. And since you have been riding already for a long time, it can be quite easy for you to log the kilometres as well. I just wish we have something like this group in our village. I like running errands around the neighbourhood too because we have all the stores in here. We have a local market, merchandise store and even food outlets. So if we need something, I just ride my bike and buy it from around the village.

I might check out our village organisation but I doubt that we have something like this. I'm not even a member of any biking group. I usually just bike with my friends or husband. It can be fun if we spearheaded a group like this one, but the problem would be that we don't have the funds for it, lol. And most people here don't like spending money as well, we had a hard time implementing a gating system in our street just because some of my neighbours didn't like giving money for the maintenance.

Last edited: