sunglasses between or outside helmet straps?

youm0nt said:
Styleman (Bicycling mag) says always outside. I like to keep my glasses cause I can't see without them and I don't have a strap so inside for me

If I tried to put them inside the straps, it would pull the straps on my helmet too tight--I don't think you are supposed to adjust your brain bucket to accomodate your glasses, so outside it is. Its more comfortable that way for me as well--the arms of the glasses don't get pushed against my head as hard. And besides, is it even possible to get the arms of M-frames under the helmet straps comfortably? :confused:

Outside, make them a lot easier to take off and like the above post said, don't press against your head as much.

Inside, I think my head is shaped such that I don't even notice the pressure from the straps.

Outside for all of the above reasons. At the risk of a barrage of rotten tomatoes, why isn't this a poll?

Inside-vs-outside.
Chunky-vs-smooth.
Vanilla-vs-chocolate.
Pulp-vs-no pulp.
Just another of life's Big Questions!!!!!

My glasses will always go on first with the straps over them. I'm through with pulling my helmet off and sending my sunglasses flying. The people deciding what's cool or not aren't the ones who have to pay for my glasses ;)

I wear mine on the outside and I've heard that you're supposed to wear them on the outside (glasses on the outside that is) but I can't for the life of me figure out wtf difference it makes.

Or you could just go all Morpheus and get some of those nose pinch frames. :cool:

I am another rider with a head shape that makes it easier for me to keep my glasses on inside the straps of the helmet. My helmet is close to my ears. Inside the glasses stay on tight and there is no strap pressure on my temples. Whatever works, there is no right or wrong way to wear your glasses, IMOHO.

cydewaze said:
My glasses will always go on first with the straps over them. I'm through with pulling my helmet off and sending my sunglasses flying. The people deciding what's cool or not aren't the ones who have to pay for my glasses ;)
Ditto, I do a lot of stop-start stuff when I'm out doing ranger stuff/trail maintenance. My helmet comes off and goes on at regular intervals. Its not a conscious thing, I just don't take my sunglasses off to put my helmet back on.

Outside for me, because thats what Lance does :rolleyes: . And also tucked into the vents on my helmet (seen him do that as well).

Has to be inside.
It looks so uncool to have them on the outside just like tucking your trousers in your socks, or worse wearing sandles with socks, not cool....

youm0nt said:
Well, the manufacturers and the saftery gurus tell you not to put anything (Glasses, Headsets...etc) under the straps. I believe the main reason for this is becasue of proper fit of the helmet. I also say that if you wipe out I would prefer to shed all of that stuff as opposed to keeping it with me during said wreck that might increase the severety of the impending injury...

jaguar75 said:
Well, the manufacturers and the saftery gurus tell you not to put anything (Glasses, Headsets...etc) under the straps.
Head shape would have to play a role. I had a major head impact with a truck a few months ago, glasses inside the straps, and walked (or hobbled) away. No head injury, barring a few scratches from the inside of the helmet and bruising on the face from the glasses. Glasses stayed on, and did not get damaged. I couldn't say the same for the truck.

Maybe outside the straps is generally better, but at least for me, I'm convinced that inside the straps is fine.

Depends on what glasses you wear. As stated previously, Pro M-Frames are impossible to wear under helmet straps (unless you have concave temples!):cool: