Sunglasses for downhills

Pat Fleming

Guest
Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face with some type of cushion. My
eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

I've been wearing Rudy Project Kerosene's for the past 3 years and I don't have much of a problem
with wind ever, even when cruising downhill at 44 mph. Look them up at http://www.rudyprojectusa.com

Good luck in your quest

news:<[email protected]>...

Pat Fleming wrote:

> Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face with some type of cushion.
> My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

Since many faces are different, I suggest you try as many on as you can.

I use $10 US Safety "Landscaper's Mirror Safety Glasses" from my local home center and they work
great. I wear contact lenses, which can be even more of a problem in the wind. These glasses fit
great and look nice enough that people ask me where to get them.

See here => <http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productList&catalogId=B100737>

Barry

For general purposes, including 55 mph downhills and foundation for my Third Eye Micro-eye mirror, I
haven't been able to beat my Oakley M-frames IIRC. Yeah, they don't fit my retro-ness and are
frightfully expensive but they WORK. Best of all, Oakly has so far replaced the nosepieces for free
as they seem to degrade frequently due to my nasty sweat or some chemical on my face.

"Pat Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face
with
> some type of cushion. My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

Uvex Skyper

www.uvex.com

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:20:49 GMT, "Pat Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anyone know a source for sunglasses that fit flush with your face with some type of cushion.
>My eyes tear every time I go down a hill at 40MPH.

Unfortunately I do have Rudy's....with contacts I do have wind problems when going 40 plus. I wish
news:[email protected]...

CuCycln wrote:

> Unfortunately I do have Rudy's....with contacts I do have wind problems when going 40 plus. I wish
> there was a better answer.. Lazer surgery maybe.

I use Briko Zen glasses for cycling and alpine skiing when wearing contact lenses, and I have no
problem with the wind. It may be hard to find them, though, since Briko has discontinued them.
Although froogle lists several sources that apparently still sell them:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=briko+zen

"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> For general purposes, including 55 mph downhills and foundation for my
Third There are not many places anywhere where 55mph is doable. I've only ever come across 2, a
friend did 56. I've never done more than 51, as I'm chicken./