Sunglasses on eBay

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Only me!!!!

    I've just put a brand new pair of cycling sunglasses on eBay. Good timing with the weather eh!

    Take a look if your interested. Free P&P if the winner says their from uk.rec.cycling :)

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3413478286

    --
    Mark

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I've just put a brand new pair of cycling sunglasses on eBay. Good timing with the weather eh!

    So, how do you know they're very comfortable if they've never been worn? Do I get a LIDL feeling
    about them? :)

    cheers, clive

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:10:34 +0100, "Clive George"

    >Do I get a LIDL feeling about them? :)

    Ebay might as well be an official Lidl merchandise reseller from the amount of Lidl kit on offer.

    I swear some people are making a fortune out of selling on the weekly specials.

    Bob

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:10:34 +0100, "Clive George"

    > >Do I get a LIDL feeling about them? :)
    >
    > Ebay might as well be an official Lidl merchandise reseller from the amount of Lidl kit on offer.
    >
    > I swear some people are making a fortune out of selling on the weekly specials.
    >

    > Bob

    No you don't actually. I order a pair from a retailer in the US along with some other gear. They
    sent me 2 pairs...when I told them (I've done business with them before) they said it wasn't worth
    sending them back cos of the postage. If they were from Lidl I would have said...and hey if they are
    the same, get down quick and buy a pair if their cheap...they are pretty good...and comfortable!

    Don't swear on anything unless you know the facts :)

    Cheers,

    --
    Mark (Who's been posting and reading on here long enough to respect the people, not lie to them)

  5. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:27:30 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:10:34 +0100, "Clive George"

    >> >Do I get a LIDL feeling about them? :)
    >>
    >> Ebay might as well be an official Lidl merchandise reseller from the amount of Lidl kit on offer.
    >>
    >> I swear some people are making a fortune out of selling on the weekly specials.

    >No you don't actually. I order a pair from a retailer in the US along with some other gear. They
    >sent me 2 pairs...when I told them (I've done business with them before) they said it wasn't worth
    >sending them back cos of the postage. If they were from Lidl I would have said...and hey if they
    >are the same, get down quick and buy a pair if their cheap...they are pretty good...and
    >comfortable!
    >
    >Don't swear on anything unless you know the facts :)

    If you read that back you'll see it was Clive hurling the Lidl accusation at you, not moi ;o)

    I was commenting generally, as I see *loads* of the Lidl gear for sale on eBay all the time. I
    mostly browse the cycling section and when Lidl (or Aldi) have some bike stuff in store a big glut
    of it appears immediately on eBay. Most of it makes a good profit.

    Bob

  6. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:27:30 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:10:34 +0100, "Clive George"

    > >> Ebay might as well be an official Lidl merchandise reseller from the amount of Lidl kit on
    > >> offer.
    > >>
    > >> I swear some people are making a fortune out of selling on the weekly specials.
    >
    > >No you don't actually. I order a pair from a retailer in the US along
    with
    > >some other gear. They sent me 2 pairs...when I told them (I've done business with them before)
    > >they said it wasn't worth sending them back
    cos
    > >of the postage. If they were from Lidl I would have said...and hey if
    they
    > >are the same, get down quick and buy a pair if their cheap...they are
    pretty
    > >good...and comfortable!
    > >
    > >Don't swear on anything unless you know the facts :)
    >
    > If you read that back you'll see it was Clive hurling the Lidl accusation at you, not moi ;o)
    >
    > I was commenting generally, as I see *loads* of the Lidl gear for sale on eBay all the time. I
    > mostly browse the cycling section and when Lidl (or Aldi) have some bike stuff in store a big glut
    > of it appears immediately on eBay. Most of it makes a good profit.
    >

    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

    Yeah, I noticed I was replying to 2 different comments when I read my post..silly boy I am :) Must
    admit I do regularly look on Ebay at the cycling stuff, but I didn't realise there was any LIDL
    stuff on there. Good luck to them I suppose, no one's a loser as long as the buyer is happy with the
    goods...no one forces anyone to bid. By the way, I remember swapping emails with you a while
    ago..was it about FSA carbon cranks? If it was did you buy em?...or am I cracking up again!

    Mark (Who's thinking of popping into his local LIDL's :) )

    ---

  7. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:47:22 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >By the way, I remember swapping emails with you a while ago..was it about FSA carbon cranks? If it
    >was did you buy em?...or am I cracking up again!

    You're cracking up again :eek:)

    I've never exchanged email with anyone on the subject of carbon cranks.

    Go fetch a beer and then lie down on the sofa for a while, hehe.

    Bob

  8. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:47:22 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >By the way, I remember swapping emails with you a while ago..was it about FSA carbon cranks?
    > >If it was
    did
    > >you buy em?...or am I cracking up again!
    >
    > You're cracking up again :eek:)
    >
    > I've never exchanged email with anyone on the subject of carbon cranks.
    >
    > Go fetch a beer and then lie down on the sofa for a while, hehe.
    >

    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

    It was bugging me so I 'Googled' you. Must have been a conversation about my Salmon mudguards? Never
    mind, doing as I'm told...off to get the beer ;-)

    ---

  9. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:21:24 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It was bugging me so I 'Googled' you. Must have been a conversation about my Salmon mudguards?

    Ah, yes, that rings a bell. Mudguards.... you put up that good set of pics showing your Salmons
    didn't you.

    I haven't got round to buying any, my good bike hasn't had much use these last few months, been
    hacking about on my commuter mostly.

    Bob