Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Fitmiss, May 12, 2005.

1. Fitmiss

Fitmiss New Member

I'm looking for a good pair of sunglasses. As a contact lens wearer, I am particularly interested in glasses where I can change to a clear or yellow lens when it is not particularly sunny. I have seen the Oakley half jackets but are not thrilled with the nose piece but they do fit. The Rudy Projects appear to be adjustable.

I am fairly petite (5'2") with a small sort of narrow face. The Rydon SXs are noted as being for people with "small" faces. The others are way too big! Does anyone on the forum have these? What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. vl1016

vl1016 New Member

Hey, I'm not a woman, but my wife happens to be (imagine that!) We both have Natives, and she has a small face, too, and wears the Dash model. There are several newer models, and they all have a lifetime guarantee, with a $20 replacement cost if it is after 1 year. The optic quality is awesome, and customer service is great. I strongly recommend the Natives.

3. rule62

rule62 New Member

Been wearing the Rydons for a while and really like them. I got a pair of the SX's for my petite daughter and she tells me they are the best fitting sunglasses that she has ever owned. They are extremely adjustable. You can basically form fit them to your face. The lenses go in and out easily and they don't fog up. Definitely worth the money as far as me and mine are concerned. :cool:

4. cannongirl

cannongirl New Member

I've tried many different types of Sunglasses and for me personally, by far the best are Oakley M Frames, I have the non-hinged version.
    The best thing about these is that being a wrap around style, there are no frames to obscure vision when glancing behind me or when I'm in an aero position looking upwards, so to speak, they also protect from dust and bugs very well, which is extremely important.
    I know we're all different but they're worth a try, they do come with interchangeable Lenses too...