sunglasses

chico1st

Dec 1, 2007
ok there are many types of sunglasses out there
I like to wear sunglasses when I bike to keep wind, rain, snow, and dust out of my eyes. I even like to wear them at night

what type of glasses should i get?
The way i see it there are:

Glasses with 1 lens that goes the whole way around.
VS
Glasses that have two seperate lenses

Glasses with many different lenses which you can switch
VS
Glasses which auto adjust to the light outside (photochromatic)

any thoughts as to which glasses are the best for bike commuters

I was thinking the photochromatic ones might be best so that i dont have to carry around different lenses for different conditions... but maybe that isnt really a hassle... i dont know

THANKS!

I have a pair of Rudy Project Ekynox with the mirror orange lenses (for bright sunny days) and a set of pthe red photochromatic lenses for early mornings into sunrise rides. Pair of ancient Bolle clears for the real depths of winter.

chico1st said:
ok there are many types of sunglasses out there
I like to wear sunglasses when I bike to keep wind, rain, snow, and dust out of my eyes. I even like to wear them at night

what type of glasses should i get?
The way i see it there are:

Glasses with 1 lens that goes the whole way around.
VS
Glasses that have two seperate lenses

Glasses with many different lenses which you can switch
VS
Glasses which auto adjust to the light outside (photochromatic)

any thoughts as to which glasses are the best for bike commuters

I was thinking the photochromatic ones might be best so that i dont have to carry around different lenses for different conditions... but maybe that isnt really a hassle... i dont know

THANKS!
I ride with Tifosi Optics. Could not be happier.
I have one set that uses interchangeable lenses but they also have models that come with different lens options.
http://www.tifosioptics.com/interchangeable/index.html

I like the Radar sunglasses by Oakley. They provide good eye protection from bugs and dust, have switchable lenses so you can go with a lighter color in the evenings and they will stay put even if you can;t anchor them under your ears when you are wearing your cold weather gear.

coolrunnin said:
I like the Radar sunglasses by Oakley. They provide good eye protection from bugs and dust, have switchable lenses so you can go with a lighter color in the evenings and they will stay put even if you can;t anchor them under your ears when you are wearing your cold weather gear.
If you want something value for money, I recommend Kontrol sports! I bought the 3-in-1 package+prescription adaptor for around AU 80. I got three different shades to switch around as I like with the adaptor.

My favourite would be the Amber lense.

The contrast works perfect during those sun bright days and equally perfect during in the night. Now I bring it everywhere I go, even to lectures! For the adaptor, all you need is to get your local optometrist insert the pre-scribed lense for you, and you're good to go.

http://www.kontrolsports.com/