Sunglasses

Hmm, just one that you actually can wear comfortably, and it is genuine material and isn't just paint of course lol. I think sunglasses really help. But man, I hate the sun, it burns!

Don't make the same mistake I made: get a pair of sunglasses that ACTUALLY have a frame around the lenses. I got a pair of expensive Oakleys and they fell to the ground when I took off my helment- now they are basically ruined. If they had frames all around the edge of the lenses... i could still wear them. Dropping sun glasses is never a smart thing to do.. I get it.. but that is a simple thing to consider when looking for a pair.

Also, I often get polarized lenses, but they make it difficult to view a screen so if you have a computer or cell phone mount- you may not be able to actually see it well enough with polarized lenses.

I got a basic Halo headband which keeps the sweat largely from dripping down over my glasses. I wear it under my helmet and its a great combination.

I wear tinted safety glasses. The 3M virtua line works well. My wife buys a 6 pack of generic glasses at Sam's Club for $12. They fit well, look good enough and last me a few seasons.

Anything that is polarized, scratch resistant, and will get the girls attention and makes you more handsome will do.

I wear my sunglasses at night. With the glass so dark they won't even know your name.

Ray Bans.

I've got that hair slicked back and those Wayfarer's on. Metal Effect Wayfarer's to be precise. With Silver Mirror lenses.

The $5-$10 rack at the local Circle K Stop-n-Rob has some *****in' looks. Check it out. You won't whine when the wind blows them out of your helmet and the four cars that were following you crush them to dust.

And as usual, the Chinese Communist Party rocks my world. Hit ZenniOptical.com for a good time. Cheap and fast delivery. If you know your scrip, they are the best source of low dollah eyewear on the planet. When I don't have the time to hit LensCrafters or the $400 to blow on a pair of shades thanks to my latest Campy break-the-bank purchases, I online it from Zenni.

Now...go get yourself some cheap sunglasses.

Oakley, if you have the cash,
Smith Optics if you only have a little less cash
Tifosi if you only have a reasonable amount of cast
CampyBob's suggestion if you like supporting child labor in Asian communist countries... Oh wait... That's all the options. My bad

I can't deal with cheap sunglasses, the optics dive me nuts. I'm a very visual person so the distortion bothers me a lot. I love the Oakley optics, especially the new Prizim lenses. I have 3 pairs of oakleys, 1 for driving, 2 for cycling and they have been worth every penny. And at least they faught luxottica a while before giving in.

Quote by ABNPFDR:
"CampyBob's suggestion if you like supporting child labor in Asian communist countries... Oh wait... That's all the options. My bad"

Yeah. The last pair of $400 scrips and $275 scrip Ray Bans from the mall Lenscrafters were both...Hecho En Chine. FML.

"And at least they faught luxottica a while before giving in."

I used to buy Luxotica 'Memorize' Titanium alloy spring steel frames. They were also...Hecho En Chine. :( Luxotica is good stuff, just as over-priced as all the name-brand ChiCom products. Markup and Capitalism! :D

BTW, the C-130's from Vienna AFB made their usual sunset training flight over my farm and cut a tight turn to the North right over my house with the wings steeply banked at 500' above the tree tops. I wish they could air drop me a case of Oakley Flak Jackets. Good stuff. After the C-130's cruised off into the setting sun, the twin-rotor CH-47's made their training runs just to the West of me. The sounds of Freedom!

Reactions: ABNPFDR
Ahhh - C130s and CH-47. I have spent much time in both - Also have many many parachute jumps out of both.

The good old days!

For me it doesn't have to have a brand name. I look for polarized lenses that cover my eyes as much as possible. When I lived in Australia, I often wore sunglasses that also protected my eyes from the side. Also, I made sure that they reduced the glare on steamy hot days when everything seems like a mirage and the asphalt is (sometimes literally) melting in front of you.

Quote by ABNPFDR:
"Ahhh - C130s and CH-47. I have spent much time in both - Also have many many parachute jumps out of both.

The good old days!"

I guessed as much by the screen name. Me? If the ship was still flying and not in flames...I'm staying belted in!

The C-130's must have a training flight routed right over my place...weekly thing. I love the sound of those thundering *****es! They hit in the dark of night during the Winter months and shake the hell out of everything! Some of the best tax dollars I spend!

During the latest hostilities with our muzzy friends the CH-47's practiced night time / night vision uneven terrain troop dis-embarkment / pickup at a civilian airfield down the road from me...the end of his runway has one hellova slope at one end...perfect for a long drop or fast roping.

I'll share some snobbery a la the other thread - go get yourself a pair of Louis Garneau or Tifosi - made for cycling. Only gonna set you back for about $100 for the good ones.

Think about it - if you get cool slim wrap-around frames you can look like Bono.

"la la la la la I've got The Look, I've got The Look"

or

"'Gonna dress for success, shaping me up for the big time baby"

I wear the cheap ones that don't cost a lot to replace when they fall on the ground and get run over.

Quote by MBB:
"la la la la la I've got The Look, I've got The Look"

<golf clap>Well played, sir!

As long as you get polarized lenses that are comfortable to wear, then you're set regardless of price. Cheaper sunglasses might not last as long as more expensive, name brands, but that's a risk you can take. I've had $15 sunglasses last for cycling across three or four years after all. You don't need to spend a fortune to get some great glasses for wearing during rides!