Sunnies! We all need em, which are the best?

I bought some Nike glasses recently with the orange/yellow lens that let through about 90% light but have UV filtering, sorry can't tell you the style, I never look at that detail. They are fantastic for riding on dull days or dawn/dusk. They actually appear to make things brighter than the naked eye. Someone, I'm sure will know why.:cool:

As opposed to Rudy Projects which every ageing wannabe cyclist/triathlete is wearing ;-)

Just kidding folks.

Rob

powinc said:

>but what ever you buy don't get Oakleys, every teenage wannabe has them.

Originally posted by Rob Woozle

powinc said:

>but what ever you buy don't get Oakleys, every teenage wannabe has them.

Ageing? I'm still a junior, thankyou very much.... :p

"Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hip, because I'm a nice guy (;)) I'll lend you my Kerosenes next Thursday at track training. But I
> want them back! :p I paid $125

Back!? back!? What is this back that you speak of? :p

$125 doesn't sound too bad, but I could still buy nearly 10 pairs of mine for that and I wouldn't
cry when I dropped them :)

When you get that bike shop job, I'll 'av a pair at cost, okay? ;-) hehe

> A tightass? You? You've only got 15 bikes or something... really
tight.

15... I wish! :) Most of mine were good deals, so the total cost would still be less than some
people who only have one bike.

hippy

Originally posted by Andrew Morris
Yep,

I wear a pair of Stalker Malibu's... Bought them through a fishing shop, as I fish as well... Don't
really look like your typical cycling glasses, but nothing gets me in the eyes, and they block the
wind very well...

you can get Rudy Project's in prescription lenses... for a price

"Derek" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> > Just wanna know who uses what, why, comfort and affordability!
>
> Also, anyone with perscription sunnies? which brand? price?

Has anyone here got Euro Optics sunnies? I got mine in 2001 and it was only about two months before both of the rubber covers on the ear hooks and one side of the runner nose piece came off the frame. Anyone else had similar problems? Just curious.

Originally posted by Elduderino
Just wanna know who uses what, why, comfort and affordability!

Rudy Projects are the way to go i think..they are really comfortable and the lenses are really good quality. They also come with with optional prescription lens so if you wear glasses [which i do] they are a fantastic idea...

the lenses are easy to change so you can buy diff colors for diff light conditions...

also, the frames are quite light - you don't even feel like you are wearing anything.

plus they are Italian....which is always a good thing!!!

Originally posted by OzSkier
Has anyone here got Euro Optics sunnies? I got mine in 2001 and it was only about two months before both of the rubber covers on the ear hooks and one side of the runner nose piece came off the frame. Anyone else had similar problems? Just curious.

Yep, assuming that I'm thinking of the same sunnies as you are, a mate of mine has a pair. They are trashed already, after only a few months. And that is a case study of why to get Rudy's. ;)

Oh, and Hip? It's 'if' not 'when' with that job... :p And besides. I'm guessing that $125 is pretty close to cost. So nahhhhh. ;)

Elduderino wrote:
> Just wanna know who uses what, why, comfort and affordability!

I've had the same pair of Oakley Minutes for years - there are some scratches on the lenses now, but
I can only see these when cleaning them.

Don't stress about breaking the frames on your Oakleys - I've done this once, all you do is send the
whole lot to Oakley in VIC along with $12 and they'll send you back your lenses in a brand new
frame. I guess the lenses must be the expensive part (mine cost $210 about five years ago).

I have to confess my g/f's Rudy Projects are more comfy though - they cost me $40 on special from
the LBS, complete with three sets of lenses and a hard case ... thought she'd hate them and I'd
get to wear them (bit like buying your partner an electric drill) but she loves them and I can't
get them off her. She wears them riding, driving, even to a wedding once to set off her gold-
coloured gown!

&roo

hippy wrote:

> Which brings me to FIAT...
>
> Feeble Italian Attempt at Transport
>
> hippy Sorry, I felt compelled... ;-)

I thought it was Fix It Again, Tony.

--
Cheers Damian Harvey

www.mazzoir.textamerica.com is my moblog.

Ha.

"Damian Harvey" wrote
> hippy wrote:
>
> > Which brings me to FIAT...
> >
> > Feeble Italian Attempt at Transport

> I thought it was Fix It Again, Tony.

Fuggen Insult to the Automotive Trade.

Theo

Originally posted by Theo Bekkers
"Damian Harvey" wrote
> hippy wrote:
>
> > Which brings me to FIAT...
> >

> I thought it was Fix It Again, Tony.

Fuggen Insult to the Automotive Trade.

Theo

my original comment was about Alfa...not FIAT ...there is a big difference.

Ferrari and Maserati are also part of the FIAT empire and I am sure you would agree they are hardly "Feeble Italian Attempt at Transport"......

"roysto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> my original comment was about Alfa...not FIAT ...there is a big difference.

No, your original comment was: "plus they are Italian....which is always a good thing!!!"

I used FIAT as an example of something Italian that's not so good... obviously the joke was lost on
you. So, to be fair, Ferrari: Finely Engineered Race Ready Automobile Rarely Intimidated ;-)

> Ferrari and Maserati are also part of the FIAT empire and I am sure you would agree they are
> hardly "Feeble Italian Attempt at Transport"......

hippy ... but how many of us can afford a Ferrari or Maserati?

"roysto" wrote

> my original comment was about Alfa...not FIAT ...there is a big difference.

As Hippy pointed out, it wasn't. ALFA isn't much better. More 'Latte' perhaps?

> Ferrari and Maserati are also part of the FIAT empire and I am sure you would agree they are
> hardly "Feeble Italian Attempt at Transport"......

So successful they went broke and became FIATs. Ferrari bought a German driver and an English team
manager who, together with an English designer, made them a winning car in only five years or so. If
any one of those three left, they'll be losers again.
:)

Theo

I agree with Hippy, I ride a mountain bike and wear the cheap safety glasses. They are durable, will withstand impact from branches etc and they can be replaced every 6 or 12 months without hurting the bank account. Mine cost me $16 from Home Hardware, and they don't look to bad. I don't care if they get scratched and they won't shatter into my eye because of the OH&S requirements and they offer almost 100% UV protection.

Safe riding people & have a safe Christmas.

Wizza.