Sunshine! Yay!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Carol Hague, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    Bloody cold still and an *evilly* cold wind, but it was a nice ride today.

    On the way in to Brough I was flying along (for me anyhow) at 12-13mph and I reckoned I must have a
    tailwind, so I decided to make the most of
    it. Hit 20mph on the main road going into Brough, which is rare enough to be a cause of some joy :)

    When I got to Safeway I bought a bottle of energy drink (normally bring my own but this cold has got
    my brain firing on even fewer cylinders than usual) as I reckoned it'd be hard work on the way back,
    especially with a trailerload of shopping.

    Much to my surprise I was sailing along at similar speeds to the outward journey, although my
    average was puzzlingly low.

    When I got home I discovered that because I am a Prize Twit, I had utterly failed to properly reset
    the pooter on leaving home, and thus my speedy-ish trip today had added itself to my rather slower
    trundle yesterday, resulting in an overall average of 8.8mph. Bah!

    --
    Carol Hague "I used to be confused, but now I just don't know."
    - A-ha, "Blue Skies"

    Tags:

  2. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Carol Hague" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1g9pxuu.1dm3bmw1kynwfoN%[email protected]...
    > Bloody cold still and an *evilly* cold wind, but it was a nice ride today.
    >
    > On the way in to Brough I was flying along (for me anyhow) at 12-13mph and I reckoned I must have
    > a tailwind, so I decided to make the most of
    > it. Hit 20mph on the main road going into Brough, which is rare enough to be a cause of some
    > joy :)
    >
    > When I got to Safeway I bought a bottle of energy drink (normally bring my own but this cold has
    > got my brain firing on even fewer cylinders than usual) as I reckoned it'd be hard work on the way
    > back, especially with a trailerload of shopping.
    >
    > Much to my surprise I was sailing along at similar speeds to the outward journey, although my
    > average was puzzlingly low.
    >
    > When I got home I discovered that because I am a Prize Twit, I had utterly failed to properly
    > reset the pooter on leaving home, and thus my speedy-ish trip today had added itself to my rather
    > slower trundle yesterday, resulting in an overall average of 8.8mph. Bah!
    >
    > --
    > Carol Hague "I used to be confused, but now I just don't know."
    > - A-ha, "Blue Skies"

    its Snowin here - just South of Nottingham!!!!!!!!

  3. Lee wrote:

    > its Snowin here - just South of Nottingham!!!!!!!!

    My Man Fortescue says it's snowing in Wellingborough, Northants.

    It's coming right at us!

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/