Sunshine! Yay!

Carol Hague

Guest
Bloody cold still and an *evilly* cold wind, but it was a nice ride today.

On the way in to Brough I was flying along (for me anyhow) at 12-13mph and I reckoned I must have a
tailwind, so I decided to make the most of
it. Hit 20mph on the main road going into Brough, which is rare enough to be a cause of some joy :)

When I got to Safeway I bought a bottle of energy drink (normally bring my own but this cold has got
my brain firing on even fewer cylinders than usual) as I reckoned it'd be hard work on the way back,
especially with a trailerload of shopping.

Much to my surprise I was sailing along at similar speeds to the outward journey, although my
average was puzzlingly low.

When I got home I discovered that because I am a Prize Twit, I had utterly failed to properly reset
the pooter on leaving home, and thus my speedy-ish trip today had added itself to my rather slower
trundle yesterday, resulting in an overall average of 8.8mph. Bah!

--
Carol Hague "I used to be confused, but now I just don't know."
- A-ha, "Blue Skies"

"Carol Hague" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1g9pxuu.1dm3bmw1kynwfoN%[email protected]...
> Bloody cold still and an *evilly* cold wind, but it was a nice ride today.
>
> On the way in to Brough I was flying along (for me anyhow) at 12-13mph and I reckoned I must have
> a tailwind, so I decided to make the most of
> it. Hit 20mph on the main road going into Brough, which is rare enough to be a cause of some
> joy :)
>
> When I got to Safeway I bought a bottle of energy drink (normally bring my own but this cold has
> got my brain firing on even fewer cylinders than usual) as I reckoned it'd be hard work on the way
> back, especially with a trailerload of shopping.
>
> Much to my surprise I was sailing along at similar speeds to the outward journey, although my
> average was puzzlingly low.
>
> When I got home I discovered that because I am a Prize Twit, I had utterly failed to properly
> reset the pooter on leaving home, and thus my speedy-ish trip today had added itself to my rather
> slower trundle yesterday, resulting in an overall average of 8.8mph. Bah!
>
> --
> Carol Hague "I used to be confused, but now I just don't know."
> - A-ha, "Blue Skies"

its Snowin here - just South of Nottingham!!!!!!!!

Lee wrote:

> its Snowin here - just South of Nottingham!!!!!!!!

My Man Fortescue says it's snowing in Wellingborough, Northants.

It's coming right at us!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/