Suntour Cyclone Cranks ???

David Hallerman

Guest
Hi,

Three related questions:

1) Does a Suntour Cyclone crank need the same taper bottom bracket spindle (ISO) as does a Suntour
Superbe Pro crank, or can the Cyclone use a "standard" JIS taper spindle, such as a Shimano?

2) And, no matter the taper, what length bottom bracket spindle does a Suntour Cyclone need?

3) Does anyone know some good online sources for tech info, such as this question about the Cycline
crank, for Suntour parts in general?

Thanks,

David

David Hallerman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Three related questions:
>
> 1) Does a Suntour Cyclone crank need the same taper bottom bracket spindle (ISO) as does a Suntour
> Superbe Pro crank, or can the Cyclone use a "standard" JIS taper spindle, such as a Shimano?
>
> 2) And, no matter the taper, what length bottom bracket spindle does a Suntour Cyclone need?
>
> 3) Does anyone know some good online sources for tech info, such as this question about the
> Cycline crank, for Suntour parts in general?

Normal, not Shimano. Same as all classic cranks and current Campagnolo. Suggested spindle for a
Cyclone 400 is a 3-K, asymmetric with a 33.5 right side.

For a Cyclone 7000 it's a 3-H. That spindle is symmetric with a 30.5 on both sides, 113mm overall.
If that's the crank you have I would be more inclined to try the Campagnolo 111 than the 115. You
can always add a small spacer under the right side if needed.

I don;t have much on the crank tech but we do support Suntour gear systems:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/accu.html