Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Suntour M3000 shock dissassembly

Started by Andrew T · · Last activity · 1 post · 726 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 May 2004
Last activity
17 May 2004
Original author
Andrew T
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
726
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I have a cheap front shock that needs servicing, but I can't work out
    how to take it apart. It is an M3000 series shock (I think a M3050
    precisely).

    There are two allen bolts on the base of the fork, these undo, and
    then the actual fork can move indendently of the rest of the
    suspension, but cannot be removed. I think I need to undo the preload
    adjusters at the top of the fork to do this.

    Problem is that they are splined plastic. An attempt with pliers
    didn't work, and I don't know what tool will remove this. The splines
    are external rather than internal.

    I'm starting to realise that fixing bikes can be a lot more expensive
    and awkward than cars with all the special tools and stuff.

    Thanks,

    Andrew

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.