Suntour Superbe pedal bearings

Bill Tomkiewicz

Guest
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?

On 2006-11-07, Bill Tomkiewicz <[email protected]> wrote:
> I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
> know of a source for these bearings?

Chances are they're a standard size, find a engineering supplies store
and take a couple along for them to measure.

Cheers

Joel

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:24:04 GMT, "Bill Tomkiewicz"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
>know of a source for these bearings?

I can't answer your question but must say those were sweet pedals.
Perhaps the zenith of quill pedals.
--
JT
****************************

When it comes to sealed bearings, I think there are only a few things
that matter, e.g. the dimensions. For example, 6001 hub bearings are
very common, and they are :

28x12x8

meaning, 28 mm outer diameter, 12mm inner diameter, and 8mm wide. If
you can remove one bearing and measure it, the dimensions will allow
you to find a replacement at an online bearing shop. For example, my
mavic hubs came with :

6001-ZRS

6001 = 28x12x8 bearing
Z = metal seal on one side
RS = rubber seal on the other size

although I probably could have bought 6001-2Z or 6001-2RS bearings
(metal on both sides; rubber on both sides) without serious
repercussions.

I have recently learned that there are at least 4 types of replacement
bearings :

- 'normal' bearings, that probably came with your hub, about $5-$10/ea.

- 'high speed' bearings which typically have no-contact seals, $8.

- 'ceramic' bearings which have very special ceramic balls with, $20
some amazing properties such as 4x longer wear and ability to
tolerate no grease for much longer and less friction but at
about 4x the cost.

- 'angular' bearings (www.philwood.com) which supposedly are , $100
super-low friction and cost a large fortune.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Bill Tomkiewicz wrote:
> I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
> know of a source for these bearings?

No source. Bikepro.com says:

<Japanese Nachi 6800 LR [inner] bearing. The outer bearing is a Nachi
698NSE.> --D-y

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Tomkiewicz wrote:
> > I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
> > know of a source for these bearings?

> No source. Bikepro.com says:
>
> <Japanese Nachi 6800 LR [inner] bearing. The outer bearing is a Nachi
> 698NSE.> --D-y

And here's some info on NSE bearing dimensions:

http://www.nachi-fujikoshi.co.jp/eng/jik/pdf/147-158.pdf

online distributor?:

http://www.ebatmus.com/

ahh, the power of Google.