Suntour Superbe track pedal question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by garethrl, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. garethrl

    garethrl New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2004
    I picked up a pair of Suntour Superbe track pedal cages in a store clearance last week, and am now looking for pedals to fit them on and use on my track bike. My question is, will they fit on the body of any Suntour Superbe pedal, or just specifically the track pedal bodies? I gather that the road and off-road pedals share the same body/bearing assembly and differ only in the cages, but from pictures it looks to me as though the track pedal body might be different (narrower at the front?) . How about other Suntour pedals (eg Sprint, Cyclone)?

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Gareth Lawrence.

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    garethrl wrote:
    > I picked up a pair of Suntour Superbe track pedal cages in
    > a store clearance last week, and am now looking for pedals
    > to fit them on and use on my track bike. My question is,
    > will they fit on the body of any Suntour Superbe pedal, or
    > just specifically the track pedal bodies? I gather that
    > the road and off-road pedals share the same body/bearing
    > assembly and differ only in the cages, but from pictures
    > it looks to me as though the track pedal body might be
    > different (narrower at the front?) . How about other
    > Suntour pedals (eg Sprint, Cyclone)?

    The road and track versions of the late-model Superbe pedal
    ( early model cages are rivetted )will swap easily .

    http://www.yellowjersey.org/sup_brk.html Relevant catalog
    page is the bottom photo

    No idea about the others.
    --
    Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
    April, 1971

  3. "garethrl" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I picked up a pair of Suntour Superbe track pedal cages in
    > a store clearance last week, and am now looking for pedals
    > to fit them on and use on my track bike. My question is,
    > will they fit on the body of any Suntour Superbe pedal, or
    > just specifically the track pedal bodies?

    They'll fit later Superbe and Superbe Pro (road and track),
    and XC Pro (mtb) pedals.

    > How about other Suntour pedals (eg Sprint, Cyclone)?

    No - they used a different bolt pattern.

    James Thomson