Super Mario versus Gord 'Flash' Fraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jeff Pooter" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

> Age discrimination should not be tolerated in this society. Who knows what people can achieve if
> they ignore that number? If only the RACERS would throw off the chains of their negative thinking,
> someday a 50
^^^^^^^^^^^^
> year old will WIN the Tour de France! What a great day that will be!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROTFLMAO!!!

He'll probably do it on a 'bent also right?

I can see it now... 2020 TDF... Armstrong wins his 22nd tour riding an OCLV 'bent.

- Boyd S. ...holding breath

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:260320031627172495%[email protected]...
> >
> >
> > Ooooooooooooo . . . was this in a Masters RACE?
> >
> > Please, please, do tell us the story!
>
> It was in the 35+ 1,2,3 event. Gaggioli led it out from before the last corner and Stinton got him
> by about half a wheel. Most of the guys not in the top 10 into the last corner were delayed by a
> crash that took out 4-5 guys. Thereafter I think the officials decided to widen the "course"
> coming out of the last corner by moving the portable fencing that was artificially restricting the
> course to two lanes wide in that area. It was nasty fencing to crash into.

WOW!

That sounds really EXCITING!

Here's a billion dollar idea: a Reality tv show based on Masters RACING!

Camera crews following Masters around all weekend, before, during and after their RACE. It could
attract millions of viewers on primetime tv!

Prospective names:

a) MASTERS' GUT

or

b) MASTERS' BUTT

which one is catchier?

The Possibilities!

Jeff Pooter

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:260320032143517150%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Phil Carter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >
> > And I'd bet your
> > > average Cat 3 US racer could out-corner Cipo.
> >
> This has to be a joke.
> >
> > Not any of the average Cat 3 racers I have raced against Dave
>
> Are you saying that the really good Cat 3's can out-corner Cipo?
>
>
>
> :)
>
> -WG

Considering the amount of criteriums and kermeeses(sp) Cipo has won I am relatively sure he can
corner just as good as any pro rider out there, Euro or USA. If Phil thinks that the avg cat 3 rider
could out corner Cipo, maybe he doesn't really know good cornering.

Dave

On 3/26/03 9:45 PM, in article [email protected], "Jeff Pooter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:260320031627172495%[email protected]...
>>>
>>>
>>> Ooooooooooooo . . . was this in a Masters RACE?
>>>
>>> Please, please, do tell us the story!
>>
>> It was in the 35+ 1,2,3 event. Gaggioli led it out from before the last corner and Stinton got
>> him by about half a wheel. Most of the guys not in the top 10 into the last corner were delayed
>> by a crash that took out 4-5 guys. Thereafter I think the officials decided to widen the "course"
>> coming out of the last corner by moving the portable fencing that was artificially restricting
>> the course to two lanes wide in that area. It was nasty fencing to crash into.
>
>
>
> WOW!
>
> That sounds really EXCITING!
>
> Here's a billion dollar idea: a Reality tv show based on Masters RACING!
>
> Camera crews following Masters around all weekend, before, during and after their RACE. It could
> attract millions of viewers on primetime tv!
>
> Prospective names:
>
>
> a) MASTERS' GUT
>
> or
>
> b) MASTERS' BUTT
>
>
>
> which one is catchier?
>
> The Possibilities!
>
>
>
> Henry Chang-Bang

My son,

Masters' Butt - definitely. Cyclists have the best gluteus maximii in the world. Ever wonder why I
hang around bike races?

Fr. Guido

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Carl stickin up for me again? Nice!
>
> I'll answer for myself because now I sit at a desk all day and its nice to get a little "I coulda
> been great!..." ego massage once in a while.
>
> I had the talent and the drive, but no direction. I did manage to actually win Euro races when I
> was 21-22, beating guys like Kelly, Vanderaerden, Baffi, etc. But I was on a team (7-11/Motorola)
> that was going through a transitional phase from the old school (Kiefel, Phinney, Shapiro,
Lauritzen)
> to the new, and there wasn't much support for the new. Even worse, my
coach
> and mentor Mike Neel - the best - had a horrible car crash during my
second
> year in Europe and left me stranded. I didn't have a clue about the talent
I
> had or how to nurture it. I had no perspective. I thought getting dropped
on
> a 10k climb in the Dauphine Libere meant I sucked - even if I won a
kermesse
> against big sprinters the week before. So I gave up, headed home, and did the U.S. cash circuit.
> It wasnt' about a training ethic. It was about a
need
> for good direction and management.
>
> Bottom line is that it there are a lot of factors that make a successful pro. Many guys have
> the physical talent, but they can't do it without all kinds of support - financial, emotional,
> etc. Personally, I needed a good manager badly. I very much regret not coming close to my
> potential as a
Euro
> field sprinter. Dream about those races every night. Now isn't that pathetic?

That is very pathetic.

rest of your life.

You should consider committing suicide right now. I recommend an overdose of Pot Belge (contact Jeff
Jones, he's Da Man).

Thanks for the clarification - interesting. How old are you relative to Cipo?

Hey,

Just wanted to say that when I see post like this one below from a guy who really did it, was
there, was the shXt, and all that, I think RBR is at its best! So much of the stuff in here is
****. Written by some pretty clueless people who just feed of the clueless info they have
obtained. The value in quality of Scott's contribution is probably lost on most of the people
here. Not me, man! He was such an exceptionally talented rider, and to get a inside scoop of that
caliber is rare around here. Let's give proper respect to those that earn it. Those who add no
value here are asked to just read, and perhaps post a little less frequently. Let other dumb
newsgroups and forums be bogged down by the morons of the sport of Bicycle Racing.

Thanks Scott. Happy pedaling to you in '03. ;)

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

>
> I'll answer for myself because now I sit at a desk all day and its nice to get a little "I coulda
> been great!..." ego massage once in a while.
>
> I had the talent and the drive, but no direction. I did manage to actually win Euro races when I
> was 21-22, beating guys like Kelly, Vanderaerden, Baffi, etc. But I was on a team (7-11/Motorola)
> that was going through a transitional phase from the old school (Kiefel, Phinney, Shapiro,
> Lauritzen) to the new, and there wasn't much support for the new. Even worse, my coach and mentor
> Mike Neel - the best - had a horrible car crash during my second year in Europe and left me
> stranded. I didn't have a clue about the talent I had or how to nurture it. I had no perspective.
> I thought getting dropped on a 10k climb in the Dauphine Libere meant I sucked - even if I won a
> kermesse against big sprinters the week before. So I gave up, headed home, and did the U.S. cash
> circuit. It wasnt' about a training ethic. It was about a need for good direction and management.
>
> Bottom line is that it there are a lot of factors that make a successful pro. Many guys have the
> physical talent, but they can't do it without all kinds of support - financial, emotional, etc.
> Personally, I needed a good manager badly. I very much regret not coming close to my potential as
> a Euro field sprinter. Dream about those races every night. Now isn't that pathetic?
>
> But thanks for the compliments guys.
>
> scott

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Carl stickin up for me again? Nice!
> >
> > I'll answer for myself because now I sit at a desk all day and its nice to get a little "I
> > coulda been great!..." ego massage once in a while.
> >
> > I had the talent and the drive, but no direction. I did manage to actually win Euro races when I
> > was 21-22, beating guys like Kelly, Vanderaerden, Baffi, etc. But I was on a team
> > (7-11/Motorola) that was going through a transitional phase from the old school (Kiefel,
> > Phinney, Shapiro,
> Lauritzen)
> > to the new, and there wasn't much support for the new. Even worse, my
> coach
> > and mentor Mike Neel - the best - had a horrible car crash during my
> second
> > year in Europe and left me stranded. I didn't have a clue about the talent
> I
> > had or how to nurture it. I had no perspective. I thought getting dropped
> on
> > a 10k climb in the Dauphine Libere meant I sucked - even if I won a
> kermesse
> > against big sprinters the week before. So I gave up, headed home, and did the U.S. cash circuit.
> > It wasnt' about a training ethic. It was about a
> need
> > for good direction and management.
> >
> > Bottom line is that it there are a lot of factors that make a successful pro. Many guys have
> > the physical talent, but they can't do it without all kinds of support - financial, emotional,
> > etc. Personally, I needed a good manager badly. I very much regret not coming close to my
> > potential as a
> Euro
> > field sprinter. Dream about those races every night. Now isn't that pathetic?
>
>
> That is very pathetic.
>

> rest of your life.
>
> You should consider committing suicide right now. I recommend an overdose of Pot Belge (contact
> Jeff Jones, he's Da Man).
>
>
> Thanks for the clarification - interesting. How old are you relative to Cipo?

Ching-Chang,

Please shut up. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Deez

ronde chumpion wrote:

> Those who add no value here are asked to just read, and perhaps post a little less frequently.

to speak for myself, i like seeing posts from everyone.

heather

My daughter,

Perhaps you would vote yes to continue my presence in the group? See my post about 'Am I Funny'
for details.

Bless you my daughter.

Fr. Guido

heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> ronde chumpion wrote:
>
> > Those who add no value here are asked to just read, and perhaps post a little less frequently.
>
> to speak for myself, i like seeing posts from everyone.
>
> heather

Father Guido Sarducci wrote:
>
> Bless you my daughter.
>

oooo, i wish you were my daddy.

h

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:01:41 +0000, Scott wrote:
> Bottom line is that it there are a lot of factors that make a successful pro. Many guys have the
> physical talent, but they can't do it without all kinds of support - financial, emotional, etc.
> Personally, I needed a good manager badly. I very much regret not coming close to my potential as
> a Euro field sprinter. Dream about those races every night. Now isn't that pathetic?
>
> But thanks for the compliments guys.
>
> scott

I still remember your long solo breakaway in the Tour DuPont, only to be caught just before the
downhill finish. Righteous move for a sprinter! I was looking for you to be the next Davis
Phinney too.

Hey,

Just the fact that the "am i funny, yes or no?" thread is quickly encroaching on the Mario/Gord
thread that includes the added bonus of Scott making a valuable contribution is the proof I needed
that this cesspool is filled with retards. Go ahead. respond to trolls.....Killfile nobody. Spend
80% of your nonvaluable time wading through the ****. Bring RBR to it's knees. Long live BioPace
chainrings.

Nashbar now has a laptop mount for the handlebars, similiar to the mounting system for the front
handlebar bags of the past. With a wireless set up, either through your cell phone, or passing the
local coffee shop with wi/fi, you can never leave the comfort of your pretend little world while
you ride. Oh, yeah, most of you have less than 75 miles on the bicycle in 2003.

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

Status
Not open for further replies.