Super T's? Dorados? Stratos?

"Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > <snip tank bike references>
> the
> > >
> > > Two things, WTF is an elevated skinny and do you intend to ride this bicycle both up and down
> > > steep technical trails with lots of drops?
> > >
> > > JD
> >
> > Summink like this:
> >
> > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=55525
>
> That's a sidewalk lol. Even this is too wide to be a skinny http://www.pbase.com/image/189154 .
> Better, http://www.pbase.com/image/210067 . Now this is skinny,
> http://www.pbase.com/image/253223 .
>
> Shaun Bell

Hehehe...It was the best I could find on short notice. I should've looked it up in the dictionary
because your pics would have been right there next to the word. ;^) No margin for error is there?

Mike

"Steve Shouldbeonamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > <snip tank bike references>
> > > I ride steep, technical trails, with lots of drops, but want to have the manoeverability to
> > > handle elevated skinnies.
> >
> > Two things, WTF is an elevated skinny and do you intend to ride this bicycle both up and down
> > steep technical trails with lots of drops?
> >
> > JD
>
> Elevated skinnies are just bridges...but narrower than most. Hence, the skinny factor coming into
> play. Oh, and higher than most, too. And as far as climbing goes, I'd like to say that yeah, I'll
> ride up to the top before hucking my meat. Realistically, however, I'll be pushing. ;o)

Another frickin' dewbiw. Imagine that.

JD

"JustaDick" <********@Ieatfeces.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Steve Shouldbeonamoto"

> Another frickin' dewbiw. Imagine that.
>
> JustaDick

Yeah, there seems to be more and more of them. Aren't you soon to be one of those? What with your
new custom? (or soon to be) Why don't you get over your tired ol' retro grouch, toe clip wearing,
no haircut getting, close-minded b.s. You're too old for the fight it'll take to get rid of em'
GET OVER IT!

Dave (tired mofo!)

> Another frickin' dewbiw. Imagine that.
>
> JD

I suppose I'm opening up to a flamewar by even touching this one, but what the heck is a 'dewbiw'?

> > I suppose I'm opening up to a flamewar by even touching this one, but
what
> > the heck is a 'dewbiw'?
> >

> Since I'm occasionally the nurturing kind one.... do this: google Dewbie
in
> the advanced groups search. and read this:
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

Ah...I think I understand. I'm being lumped into the group of adrenaline-fueled maniacs made popular
by mountain dew commercials of late...I think I can handle that.

I guess the question that springs immediately to mind is, what's wrong with that? I know, I
know...I'm supposed to hate spandex-wearing, leg-shaving, riser-bar-having XC'ers, look down on the
evil roadies, and everybody is supposed to laugh uproariously at recumbants. But I guess the real
question is, why?

I'm impressed that guys like Tinker can easily spin up huge mountains without thinking twice - no
way I can do that. I'm impressed that Wade can flow off insane cliffs, and yet can still manoever
his 45-pound-plus machine through the most technical trails on the Shore. It's frickin' awesome to
see people doing backflips and spins on their BMX's. But does that mean that any of them are more of
a rider than the next guy? Or more 'right'?

Except for them frickin' recumbants.... ;o)

"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm impressed that guys like Tinker can easily spin up huge mountains without thinking twice - no
> way I can do that. I'm impressed that Wade
can
> flow off insane cliffs, and yet can still manoever his 45-pound-plus
machine
> through the most technical trails on the Shore. It's frickin' awesome to see people doing
> backflips and spins on their BMX's. But does that mean that any of them are more of a rider than
> the next guy? Or more 'right'?
>
> Except for them frickin' recumbants.... ;o)

And don't forget the roadies too!

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > > I suppose I'm opening up to a flamewar by even touching this one, but
> what
> > > the heck is a 'dewbiw'?
> > >

> > Since I'm occasionally the nurturing kind one.... do this: google Dewbie
> in
> > the advanced groups search. and read this:
> > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
> >

> Ah...I think I understand. I'm being lumped into the group of adrenaline-fueled maniacs made
> popular by mountain dew commercials of late...I think I can handle that.
>
> I guess the question that springs immediately to mind is, what's wrong
with
> that? I know, I know...I'm supposed to hate spandex-wearing, leg-shaving, riser-bar-having XC'ers,
> look down on the evil roadies, and everybody is supposed to laugh uproariously at recumbants. But
> I guess the real
question
> is, why?
>
> I'm impressed that guys like Tinker can easily spin up huge mountains without thinking twice - no
> way I can do that. I'm impressed that Wade
can
> flow off insane cliffs, and yet can still manoever his 45-pound-plus
machine
> through the most technical trails on the Shore. It's frickin' awesome to see people doing
> backflips and spins on their BMX's. But does that mean that any of them are more of a rider than
> the next guy? Or more 'right'?
>
> Except for them frickin' recumbants.... ;o)

My DHi and C-40 all seem to get along lol. Either a sign of a true cyclist or a sick mind. I've been
told both.

SB

"Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > what
> > > >

> > > Since I'm occasionally the nurturing kind one.... do this: google
Dewbie
> > in
> > > the advanced groups search. and read this:
> > > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
> > >

> > Ah...I think I understand. I'm being lumped into the group of adrenaline-fueled maniacs made
> > popular by mountain dew commercials of late...I think I can handle that.
> >
> > I guess the question that springs immediately to mind is, what's wrong
> with
> > that? I know, I know...I'm supposed to hate spandex-wearing,
leg-shaving,
> > riser-bar-having XC'ers, look down on the evil roadies, and everybody is supposed to laugh
> > uproariously at recumbants. But I guess the real
> question
> > is, why?
> >
> > I'm impressed that guys like Tinker can easily spin up huge mountains without thinking twice -
> > no way I can do that. I'm impressed that Wade
> can
> > flow off insane cliffs, and yet can still manoever his 45-pound-plus
> machine
> > through the most technical trails on the Shore. It's frickin' awesome
> > see people doing backflips and spins on their BMX's. But does that mean that any of them are
> > more of a rider than the next guy? Or more
'right'?

> > Except for them frickin' recumbants.... ;o)
>
> My DHi and C-40 all seem to get along lol. Either a sign of a true
cyclist
> or a sick mind. I've been told both.
>
> SB

uh, we've seen the pics. You have a sick mind! :)

Dave

"Dave Westmoreland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Yeah, there seems to be more and more of them. Aren't you soon to be one of those? What with your
> new custom? (or soon to be)

You don't know anything, obviously.

> Why don't you get over your tired ol' retro grouch, toe clip wearing, no > haircut getting,
> close-minded b.s. You're too old for the fight it'll take > to get rid of em'

Keep thinking that, doof. Again, you know nothing. Your obsession with my hair is once again, noted.

> GET OVER IT!

Yes, you most certainly should, humpy.

JD

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>><snip tank bike references>
>>
>>>I ride steep, technical trails, with lots of drops, but want to have the manoeverability to
>>>handle elevated skinnies.
>>
>>Two things, WTF is an elevated skinny
>

> Jon Bond on a mountain?
>

> Shaun aRe

Damn straight.

Jon "Sea Level Skinny" Bond

> "Dave Westmoreland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yeah, there seems to be more and more of them. Aren't you soon to be one
of
> > those? What with your new custom? (or soon to be)
>
> You don't know anything, obviously.

well then, educate me.

> > Why don't you get over your tired ol' retro grouch, toe clip wearing, no
> haircut getting, close-minded b.s. You're too old for the fight it'll take to get rid of em'
>
> Keep thinking that, doof.

Been thinking that since I first posted. Has anything changed? Has the "freeride" movement come to a
grinding halt? Does it appear to you it's going to? Has Mt Dew sales slid in proportion to your
whining on usenet? Nay, in fact it's probably doubled. Get over it...

Again, you know nothing. Your obsession
> with my hair is once again, noted.

not an obsession, just an observation. I'm obsessed with my kids learning their multiplication
tables. Observations about your ponytail are good ol' fashion, pure trolls....you recognize what a
troll is don't you? Sure ya'
do.

> > GET OVER IT!
>
> Yes, you most certainly should, humpy.

when you get a freakin haircut.

> JustaDick (the god that failed!)

Dave (do tha Humpty-Hump!)

> or maybe by 8.
>
> Ok, fine, put Chris Kovarik on an identical bike with Shiver DCs, on an identical day, with him in
> identical condition, with the identical course, and identical conditions, etc. etc. , and have him
> ride. Then we'll see.
>
> Jon Bond

It may never happen Marzocchi don't seem that interested in putting world cup riders on their
product as much as RS, Manitou do. Probably don't wont to distance themselves form real consumers.

Steve Sakamoto wrote: I know, I know...I'm supposed to hate
> spandex-wearing, leg-shaving, riser-bar-having XC'ers,

No mtbiking women for you I see.

Penny

Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>"Steve Sakamoto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >><snip tank bike references>

> >>Two things, WTF is an elevated skinny
> >

> > Jon Bond on a mountain?
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Damn straight.
>
> Jon "Sea Level Skinny" Bond

',;~}

Shaun aRe - "Same here" (155 - 165 #and 6`1").