Superb Glencoe weekend

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Leonard Trim, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. Leonard Trim

    Leonard Trim Guest

    Friday night saw us meeting up in Lagangarbh at the foot of the
    Buchaille. The weather report was excellent so after only two bottles of
    Becks I climbed into my sleeping bag and slept the sleep of the just.
    Dawn was misty but there were the occasional patches of blue to suggest
    a better day ahead.
    As we climbed Am Bodach the mist was coming and going giving us stunning
    views of Bidean sticking its head out from a sea of cloud. As we began
    the traverse of the ridge proper the mist around us cleared, but not
    before giving us a whole series of Brocken Spectres. The traverse was
    then done in strong sunshine with fantastic views of the Ben etc. Factor
    25 was liberally applied, but a red face at work today tells me I
    sweated most of it off. Spent many a lazy tea break admiring the views
    and chatting to a couple of Aussies enjoying the best of Scotland.
    Sat in front of the fire at Lagangarbh with a good bottle of Merlot and
    excellent company and then had an even better night's sleep.
    Sunday morning the sun was beating down from the moment we emerged from
    the bothy. A short day took us up the wee Buchaille, both summits
    knocked off in perfect weather with stunning all round views. Five hours
    saw us back at the car and away home to relax in the bath at the end of
    a perfect weekend.
    Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
    something.

    --
    Len Trim
    [email protected]

    PS no snow worth mentioning. Crampons and axe left in car.

    Tags:

  2. Leonard Trim <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Friday night saw us meeting up in Lagangarbh at the foot of the
    > Buchaille. The weather report was excellent so after only two bottles

    of
    > Becks I climbed into my sleeping bag and slept the sleep of the just.
    > Dawn was misty but there were the occasional patches of blue to

    suggest
    > a better day ahead.
    > As we climbed Am Bodach the mist was coming and going giving us

    stunning
    > views of Bidean sticking its head out from a sea of cloud. As we began
    > the traverse of the ridge proper the mist around us cleared, but not
    > before giving us a whole series of Brocken Spectres. The traverse was
    > then done in strong sunshine with fantastic views of the Ben etc.

    Factor
    > 25 was liberally applied, but a red face at work today tells me I
    > sweated most of it off. Spent many a lazy tea break admiring the views
    > and chatting to a couple of Aussies enjoying the best of Scotland.
    > Sat in front of the fire at Lagangarbh with a good bottle of Merlot

    and
    > excellent company and then had an even better night's sleep.
    > Sunday morning the sun was beating down from the moment we emerged

    from
    > the bothy. A short day took us up the wee Buchaille, both summits
    > knocked off in perfect weather with stunning all round views. Five

    hours
    > saw us back at the car and away home to relax in the bath at the end

    of
    > a perfect weekend.
    > Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
    > something.

    Is anyone else jealous?

    --
    Adrian

  3. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On 21 Mar 2005 20:03:04 GMT, Adrian Tupper
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
    >> something.
    >>

    >Is anyone else jealous?

    Ha! I was trying to write a nice reply to say how good the trip
    sounded ..... but my words kept coming out all wrong and I'd have just
    looked petty and jealous!

    It does sound like an *excellent* weekend, Len.

    Judith
    (Regretting not going up to the Lakes with PeeWiglet and Darren ......
    but I'd have missed Tranmere's 5 nil win!)

  4. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    > Ha! I was trying to write a nice reply to say how good the trip
    > sounded ..... but my words kept coming out all wrong and I'd have just
    > looked petty and jealous!
    >
    > It does sound like an *excellent* weekend, Len.
    >
    > Judith

    Imagine what I would have said! I came back from Scotland on Saturday and
    missed all the good weather that weekend.

    Jhimmy

  5. I'm sick with jealousy, I spent Saturday driving to Glencoe then a
    couple of booked hours indoor climbing. Night Clachaig Inn ;-) Sunday
    a booked session on indoor ice wall, then 8 hour drive home. Perfect
    conditions and I didn`t even get my boots on.
    Steve

  6. Rob Devereux

    Rob Devereux Guest

  7. On 22 Mar 2005 02:21:08 -0800, [email protected] (Steve
    Crossley) wrote:

    >I'm sick with jealousy, I spent Saturday driving to Glencoe then a
    >couple of booked hours indoor climbing. Night Clachaig Inn ;-) Sunday
    >a booked session on indoor ice wall, then 8 hour drive home. Perfect
    >conditions and I didn`t even get my boots on.

    Personally I'd have given the wall a miss and written off the cost :)

    S.

    --
    Stop ID cards and the Database State
    http://www.no2id.net/