Superb Glencoe weekend

Leonard Trim

Guest
Friday night saw us meeting up in Lagangarbh at the foot of the
Buchaille. The weather report was excellent so after only two bottles of
Becks I climbed into my sleeping bag and slept the sleep of the just.
Dawn was misty but there were the occasional patches of blue to suggest
a better day ahead.
As we climbed Am Bodach the mist was coming and going giving us stunning
views of Bidean sticking its head out from a sea of cloud. As we began
the traverse of the ridge proper the mist around us cleared, but not
before giving us a whole series of Brocken Spectres. The traverse was
then done in strong sunshine with fantastic views of the Ben etc. Factor
25 was liberally applied, but a red face at work today tells me I
sweated most of it off. Spent many a lazy tea break admiring the views
and chatting to a couple of Aussies enjoying the best of Scotland.
Sat in front of the fire at Lagangarbh with a good bottle of Merlot and
excellent company and then had an even better night's sleep.
Sunday morning the sun was beating down from the moment we emerged from
the bothy. A short day took us up the wee Buchaille, both summits
knocked off in perfect weather with stunning all round views. Five hours
saw us back at the car and away home to relax in the bath at the end of
a perfect weekend.
Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
something.

--
Len Trim
[email protected]

PS no snow worth mentioning. Crampons and axe left in car.

Leonard Trim <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Friday night saw us meeting up in Lagangarbh at the foot of the
> Buchaille. The weather report was excellent so after only two bottles

of
> Becks I climbed into my sleeping bag and slept the sleep of the just.
> Dawn was misty but there were the occasional patches of blue to

suggest
> a better day ahead.
> As we climbed Am Bodach the mist was coming and going giving us

stunning
> views of Bidean sticking its head out from a sea of cloud. As we began
> the traverse of the ridge proper the mist around us cleared, but not
> before giving us a whole series of Brocken Spectres. The traverse was
> then done in strong sunshine with fantastic views of the Ben etc.

Factor
> 25 was liberally applied, but a red face at work today tells me I
> sweated most of it off. Spent many a lazy tea break admiring the views
> and chatting to a couple of Aussies enjoying the best of Scotland.
> Sat in front of the fire at Lagangarbh with a good bottle of Merlot

and
> excellent company and then had an even better night's sleep.
> Sunday morning the sun was beating down from the moment we emerged

from
> the bothy. A short day took us up the wee Buchaille, both summits
> knocked off in perfect weather with stunning all round views. Five

hours
> saw us back at the car and away home to relax in the bath at the end

of
> a perfect weekend.
> Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
> something.

Is anyone else jealous?

--
Adrian

On 21 Mar 2005 20:03:04 GMT, Adrian Tupper
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Not a single new tick to my Munro list but a great weekend. Must prove
>> something.
>>

>Is anyone else jealous?

Ha! I was trying to write a nice reply to say how good the trip
sounded ..... but my words kept coming out all wrong and I'd have just
looked petty and jealous!

It does sound like an *excellent* weekend, Len.

Judith
(Regretting not going up to the Lakes with PeeWiglet and Darren ......
but I'd have missed Tranmere's 5 nil win!)

> Ha! I was trying to write a nice reply to say how good the trip
> sounded ..... but my words kept coming out all wrong and I'd have just
> looked petty and jealous!
>
> It does sound like an *excellent* weekend, Len.
>
> Judith

Imagine what I would have said! I came back from Scotland on Saturday and
missed all the good weather that weekend.

Jhimmy

I'm sick with jealousy, I spent Saturday driving to Glencoe then a
couple of booked hours indoor climbing. Night Clachaig Inn ;-) Sunday
a booked session on indoor ice wall, then 8 hour drive home. Perfect
conditions and I didn`t even get my boots on.
Steve

On 22 Mar 2005 02:21:08 -0800, [email protected] (Steve
Crossley) wrote:

>I'm sick with jealousy, I spent Saturday driving to Glencoe then a
>couple of booked hours indoor climbing. Night Clachaig Inn ;-) Sunday
>a booked session on indoor ice wall, then 8 hour drive home. Perfect
>conditions and I didn`t even get my boots on.

Personally I'd have given the wall a miss and written off the cost :)

S.

--
Stop ID cards and the Database State
http://www.no2id.net/