Superb Recumbent Trike on Ebay!

Originally posted by Ronald
Browsing on it's manufacturer's site i came across the Pino:

http://www.hasebikes.com/en/pino/?show=data&showPic=5

Interesting tandem, never seen anything like it before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3662195484&category=42314
There is a titanium version of the Pino available.
In case you haven't noticed yet, the captain is in the rear and is upright, it's the recumbent stoker in front. Bilenky is the same on the captain/stoker araingment.

"Robert Canon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Bilenky has made those and work bikes based on the same principle for some time.
>
> http://www.bilenky.com/viewpnt.html
>
> http://www.bilenky.com/prod42.html

The Viewpoint is based on the even older Counterpoint Opus tandem:
http://home.earthlink.net/~veloise/CPOINT.HTM

Even stranger is the rare Counterpoint Trio triple: front stoker recumbent, center captain upright,
rear stoker recumbent and facing rearward. I was passed by one of these a couple years back at
Portland's Bridge Pedal. It looked like a freakin' UFO.

Jeff

Originally posted by Zog The Undenia
[email protected] wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3662195484&category=42314

Does that have a diff, or is it driven from the nearside only (a problem if you ride in
countries where they drive on the opposite side of the road, as you are always fighting to stay
out of the ditch!)?

Personally, I prefer the Windcheetah trike with one rear wheel and two front wheels.

You can't see it here, but the rear wheels are castered in. It'd be difficult, although not impossible to put a differential there.

That price sounds high to me for that model, is original list that high or would that be with a lot of options? A fellow that frequently rides his Kettwiesel 30 miles down here from his home paid around $1000 for a used one. He seems pretty slow, but after travelling that distance, I imagine he's used his legs up.

These trikes tandemize by hooking end to end with one another. The record cycle chain mentioned for the Guiness book of records had an unusual number just above or below 100 Kettwiesels hooked end to end last summer. There are photos out there somewhere showing the end to end trikes snaking through some mountain town in Europe.

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3662195484&category=42314
>
> Does that have a diff, or is it driven from the nearside only (a problem if you ride in countries
> where they drive on the opposite side of the road, as you are always fighting to stay out of the
> ditch!)?
>
> Personally, I prefer the Windcheetah trike with one rear wheel and two front wheels.

The Kettweisels drive on the right side only- good if you ride in the U.S., bad in the U.K.

It doesn't look there's any bids on it yet- not surprising considering new Ketts are only $500 more:
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Bike=984613142

A neat feature of the Ketts is the hitch accessory, which allows two (or more) to be hooked up in
series: http://www.hostelshoppe.com/images/products/lb_ketttandem.jpg This is neat for people who
want both singles and a tandem without the expense of extra units. You can even swap stoker and
captain without size adjustment.

Jeff