Superb Service

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Thomas, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    Hi All,

    Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided
    to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex Cycles in Clapham and couldn't have had
    better service.

    I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
    seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:

    http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417

    But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
    friendly, explaining what he was doing and why it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear
    indicator not working. Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed
    it for me on the spot.

    I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :) Tom.

    Tags:

  2. Andyp

    Andyp Guest

    "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote

    > Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided to
    > finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
    Cycles
    > in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
    >
    > I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
    > seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
    >
    > http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
    >
    > But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
    > friendly, explaining what he was doing and
    why
    > it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
    working.
    > Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
    > the spot.
    >
    > I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)

    Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

  3. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:29:32 -0000, "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided
    >to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex Cycles in Clapham and couldn't have had
    >better service.
    >
    >I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
    >seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
    >
    >http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
    >
    >But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
    >friendly, explaining what he was doing and why it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front
    >gear indicator not working. Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and
    >fixed it for me on the spot.
    >
    >I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)

    I've had my Marin ten years... and am still in love with it. My Marin before that... which I also
    loved, was stolen from outside King's College Cambridge despite the fact that it had three locks on
    it. I was broken hearted, and it still hurts.

  4. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided to
    > finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
    Cycles
    > in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
    >
    > I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
    > seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
    >
    > http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
    >
    > But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
    > friendly, explaining what he was doing and
    why
    > it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
    working.
    > Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
    > the spot.
    >
    > I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :) Tom.

    You lucky b****** I've longed after one of those for ages !

    Graham

  5. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "AndyP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote
    >
    > > Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the
    weekend
    > > early and decided to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
    > Cycles
    > > in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
    > >
    > > I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
    > > seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
    > >
    > > http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
    > >
    > > But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was
    > > very friendly, explaining what he was doing and
    > why
    > > it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
    > working.
    > > Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
    > > the spot.
    > >
    > > I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)
    >
    > Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

    Meh, I'm a very forgiving type; besides, where'd the fun lie if it didn't require a bit of minor
    tuning to start out with?

    Tom.

  6. > Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

    Ah but you don't find out how good they are until something goes wrong! Still, for that money you'd
    expect great service - just think how many wine gums wiggle would give if you'd spent that much!