Superb Service

Thomas

Guest
Hi All,

Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided
to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex Cycles in Clapham and couldn't have had
better service.

I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:

http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417

But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
friendly, explaining what he was doing and why it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear
indicator not working. Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed
it for me on the spot.

I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :) Tom.

"Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote

> Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided to
> finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
Cycles
> in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
>
> I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
> seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
>
> http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
>
> But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
> friendly, explaining what he was doing and
why
> it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
working.
> Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
> the spot.
>
> I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)

Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:29:32 -0000, "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided
>to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex Cycles in Clapham and couldn't have had
>better service.
>
>I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
>seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
>
>http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
>
>But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
>friendly, explaining what he was doing and why it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front
>gear indicator not working. Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and
>fixed it for me on the spot.
>
>I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)

I've had my Marin ten years... and am still in love with it. My Marin before that... which I also
loved, was stolen from outside King's College Cambridge despite the fact that it had three locks on
it. I was broken hearted, and it still hurts.

"Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All,
>
> Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the weekend early and decided to
> finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
Cycles
> in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
>
> I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
> seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
>
> http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
>
> But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was very
> friendly, explaining what he was doing and
why
> it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
working.
> Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
> the spot.
>
> I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :) Tom.

You lucky b****** I've longed after one of those for ages !

Graham

"AndyP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote
>
> > Well, today I reached the grand old age of twenty two. Started the
weekend
> > early and decided to finally buy myself a new bike. Popped into Apex
> Cycles
> > in Clapham and couldn't have had better service.
> >
> > I had my eye on a couple of bikes, and in the end after a couple of test rides (after various
> > seatpost adjustments), walked out with this little beauty:
> >
> > http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2004/bikedetail.php?ModNo=2417
> >
> > But alas! The disc brakes started rubbing! Went back and the engineer mechanic type bloke was
> > very friendly, explaining what he was doing and
> why
> > it had happened. That fixed, I noticed the front gear indicator not
> working.
> > Again, the bloke took it apart, explained what was going on and why and fixed it for me on
> > the spot.
> >
> > I'm now a very, *very* happy boy :)
>
> Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

Meh, I'm a very forgiving type; besides, where'd the fun lie if it didn't require a bit of minor
tuning to start out with?

Tom.

> Wouldn't you have been even happier if the bike was right in the first place?

Ah but you don't find out how good they are until something goes wrong! Still, for that money you'd
expect great service - just think how many wine gums wiggle would give if you'd spent that much!