superbowl sunday ride

Max

Guest
Since today is today, i took my car to work, which will help protect me from the drunken wifebeaters
in their SUVs, fleeing the police after The Big Game.

but tomorrow i'll be back in the saddle.

.max

max <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Since today is today, i took my car to work, which will help protect me from the drunken
> wifebeaters in their SUVs, fleeing the police after The Big Game.
>
> but tomorrow i'll be back in the saddle.
>
> .max

I heard on our local news media how there are so many traffic accidents right after the SuperBowl.
Almost scared me off, too. But it didn't. <w>

I've also heard how Friday PM rush hours are a bad time, too.

IME, in Vancouver, it's when the bars & nightclubs close that we've gotta really watch out. A couple
of hours after that, and it's the most peaceful, wonderful, magical time.

cheers, Tom

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:39:00 -0600, max <[email protected]> wrote:

>Since today is today, i took my car to work, which will help protect me from the drunken
>wifebeaters in their SUVs, fleeing the police after The Big Game.
>
>but tomorrow i'll be back in the saddle.
>
>.max

I did a 66-mile ride Sunday. I, too, was a little concerned about how many drunks there would be
out, but I figured it was pretty safe that the dangerous period would be AFTER the game.

It was great. You could start seeing the roads clearing out by around
4:30 or 5. There was a little bit of fast traffic right before the start of the game, probably folks
who were afraid they'd miss the kickoff, but then the streets were deserted.

Fortunately, I was back home by around 7:30.

max <[email protected]> wrote:
> Since today is today, i took my car to work, which will help protect me from the drunken
> wifebeaters in their SUVs, fleeing the police after The Big Game.

There was a game? [1]

> but tomorrow i'll be back in the saddle.

It was a nice and sunny out for a bit, so I took it as a sign to take a short ride around the lake.
Traffic was nice, there was some nice scenery [2], and no discourteous people on the road.

After I got back, my wife was acting freaky [3], so I said unto her "Go Forth and have Sushi, take a
book to comfort thee!" I just hung about with my daughter cooking dinner and capering like an insane
gibbon for her. When my wife came back from her alone time, she was much happier.

[1] I'm mostly serious. Mostly.
[2] Sunlight glinting off the water, rainbows, that sort of thing.
[3] Our small child was very demanding Sunday. [4]
[4] Cute though.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g This message was brought to you by Linux,
the free unix. Windows without the X is like making love without a partner. Sex, Drugs & Linux Rules