Supercross rider dies

"G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> For those that are interested in motorsports...
>>
>> http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/detail.asp?id=1047
>>
>> First death in Supercross since it's inception, and the first death in motocross since 1975!
>> (helluva safety record!)
>>

> That's terrible news, I would have expected it from a huge triple or something but it sounds like
> he just got bumped off a corner.
>
> Greg

Indeed. Article sez he got bumped off course, went OTB, then headfirst into the dirt. Definetly very
bad news...and his folks were there watching! He was a rising star too apparently...only 19.

Dave

Dave W wrote:
> For those that are interested in motorsports...
>
> http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/detail.asp?id=1047
>
> First death in Supercross since it's inception, and the first death in motocross since 1975!
> (helluva safety record!)
>
> Dave (rip Jason)

Man, that really sucks. I've been in love with that sport since I was a young pup.

I'm curious as to the final autopsy report because, "A paramedics' communication said the cause of
death was from a ruptured aorta. An official cause won't be announced until an autopsy is complete."
This sounds a little strange to me??
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> Dave W wrote:
>> For those that are interested in motorsports...
>>
>> http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/detail.asp?id=1047
>>
>> First death in Supercross since it's inception, and the first death in motocross since 1975!
>> (helluva safety record!)
>>
>> Dave (rip Jason)
>

> Man, that really sucks. I've been in love with that sport since I was a young pup.
>
> I'm curious as to the final autopsy report because, "A paramedics' communication said the cause of
> death was from a ruptured aorta. An official cause won't be announced until an autopsy is
> complete." This sounds a little strange to me??

how would the paramedic be able to determine for sure a ruptured aorta without a visual cue (
such as an open gaping chest wound) or barring thatk, x ray vision. Sounds like a pretty good
guess to me.

penny

>> I'm curious as to the final autopsy report because, "A paramedics' communication said the cause
>> of death was from a ruptured aorta. An official cause won't be announced until an autopsy is
>> complete." This sounds a little strange to me??
>
> how would the paramedic be able to determine for sure a ruptured aorta without a visual cue (
> such as an open gaping chest wound) or barring thatk, x ray vision. Sounds like a pretty good
> guess to me.
>
> penny

Doesn't something funky happen to yer eyeballs when you blow an aorta ?? I don't maybe I've watched
one too many CSI episodes.
--
Slacker

Penny S wrote:
> Slacker wrote:
>
>>Dave W wrote:
>>
>>>For those that are interested in motorsports...
>>>
>>>http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/detail.asp?id=1047
>>>
>>>First death in Supercross since it's inception, and the first death in motocross since 1975!
>>>(helluva safety record!)
>>>
>>>Dave (rip Jason)
>>

>>Man, that really sucks. I've been in love with that sport since I was a young pup.
>>
>>I'm curious as to the final autopsy report because, "A paramedics' communication said the cause of
>>death was from a ruptured aorta. An official cause won't be announced until an autopsy is
>>complete." This sounds a little strange to me??
>

> how would the paramedic be able to determine for sure a ruptured aorta without a visual cue (
> such as an open gaping chest wound) or barring thatk, x ray vision. Sounds like a pretty good
> guess to me.

I think there's a particular type of break to the ribs and/or collar bone that can also tear the
aorta. Emergency personnel are taught to suspect or consider the possibility when they get an
accident victim presenting with that pattern of rib/chest injury.

Kathleen

Kathleen wrote:
> Penny S wrote:
>> Slacker wrote:

>>> Man, that really sucks. I've been in love with that sport since I was a young pup.
>>>
>>> I'm curious as to the final autopsy report because, "A paramedics' communication said the cause
>>> of death was from a ruptured aorta. An official cause won't be announced until an autopsy is
>>> complete." This sounds a little strange to me??
>>

>> how would the paramedic be able to determine for sure a ruptured aorta without a visual cue (
>> such as an open gaping chest wound) or barring thatk, x ray vision. Sounds like a pretty good
>> guess to me.
>
> I think there's a particular type of break to the ribs and/or collar bone that can also tear the
> aorta. Emergency personnel are taught to suspect or consider the possibility when they get an
> accident victim presenting with that pattern of rib/chest injury.
>
> Kathleen

a lot can also be determined by "mechanism of injury" too. I'd ask the resident ski patroller but
he's at a search and rescue meeting.
p.

Supercross is a great sport. When someone dies it is bad for the sport. I was at a local race a few years ago and a 13 year old kid had a simple fall and died. It was really bad. The races were canceled and everyone went home. It just puts a sad mood on the day.
I guess I just hope that this does not continue to happen at supercross races. My Nascar friends are always telling me of someone who died during a race. Can't see how this would do any good for the sport.
Just my thoughts