SuperCycling Edenvale

Mampara

May 2, 2002
Who is doing the SuperCycling Edenvale? I had a look at the "See what races you've already entered" and saw that I got seeded into to "C" group. Those guys are gonna kill me. My first time doing it. Any advise on the route?

Originally posted by Mampara
Who is doing the SuperCycling Edenvale? I had a look at the "See what races you've already entered" and saw that I got seeded into to "C" group. Those guys are gonna kill me. My first time doing it. Any advise on the route?

We should add these races to the calendar, wadda ya reckon?

Im in batch A, i think its gonna be pretty easy as its under 100. also its pretty much flat no hills, or long hills. it should be fast and easy.

I'm doing it as a training ride. Not sure where I'm starting.

Cheers

LR

How do you feel regarding not getting any Race Pack?

Must say for the amount of money paid to race and taking into consideration who the sponsors are, I would have expected they would give the riders something at least...Not even a start time roster...

Your race number has your start time printed on it. And I think SMS's were sent to all entrants that supplied their cell phone details.
As for the value for money ratio, I agree, it's sad.

Hi, Youre in C because there's so few of us racing, I suspect under 2000. The route is fairly easy. Starts with the uphill to Modderfontein and then the "steps" Tembisa. Then pretty undulating until you hit the long drags towards Chloorkop, coming from Midrand. And of course the uphill to get back into Edenvale. Nice race and should be fairly good for seeding.

So how did everybody do? I was quite surprised on how easy it was compared to other races. I managed to do a 2:45 (according to my watch). I ended up in a great group that slowly got smaller as the route got longer but still managed to be 4 of us go to the end.

Managed to hang on for a long time, but my stint at the front of the bunch, from Kaalfontein to Olifantsfontein, past Tembisa cost me. Lost my legs going up those long hills and ended on 3:01. Gives me something to aim at next year.

Sam estory for me. I started in the B bunch. Got dropped by the leaders but stayed with the main bunch. Eventually had to start doing a lot of work as just like 3/4 of us were willing to do anything - on a stretch where on my club ride we go at +/- 40km/hr, the bunch was doing 32! Well I paid for the samaritarian job on those last hills, i got dropped, but then recovered to get to the finish just a minute behind at 2:42. How was that wind?