Supergo Access frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Spike, May 28, 2003.

  1. Spike

    Spike Guest

    Any opinions on this frame?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, spike <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Any opinions on this frame?

    Your basic cheap TIG-welded aluminum frame from China or Taiwan. Similar type of thing you can get
    from Nashbar, etc. and identical in construction and quality to many dealer-brand bikes as well. You
    can make a ridable bike out of it if it fits you. Inspect carefully for defects upon receipt.

    --Paul

  3. Mike Wright

    Mike Wright Guest

    On 28 May 2003 20:03:34 -0700, [email protected] (spike) wrote:

    >Any opinions on this frame?

    My mountain bike is built on this frame. I'm a roadie who rides off-road occasionally. A good frame
    for the money. No complaints.

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I bought and rode a 1997 version of this frame for about about 2 years. Great, inexpensive frame.
    "You get what you pay for" is the key here. The paint job is cheap, but they throw in a small bottle
    of touch up. I initially had a problem installing the BB and considered having the frame faced.
    Ended up taking it to a shop for some help. Decals may have gotten better, but at the time, they
    were ugly and came right off (that turned out to be a good thing.)

    The worst anyone ever said to me, about my bike, on a group ride was "hey, where'd you get that BMX
    bike." He thought he was being funny.

    news:[email protected]...