Supergo.....no Go

Induray

Sep 28, 2004
It pisses me off. Yesterday I recieved an email announcing incredible deals at Supergo.com. I go ahead and put my order online(Same day). I decide to splurge on 2 day delivery so it would get on time. Later, I get an email confirming my purchase and tracking number. Well, today I decide to check my order and guess what? four out of five items I ordered were discontinued or back ordered! And they had already shipped the lonely item (the one I didn't put the rush order for) at the premium shipping price! I wouldn't be so ****** off(maybe I would) at them, but the only other time I placed an order with them, the item was also on backorder. Needless to say I cancelled the entire freaking order!

What'supwiththat? They deliberately show items which are discontinued at a great low price apparently to suck you into buying multiple stuff.

Man that's bull!

Induray said:
It pisses me off. Yesterday I recieved an email announcing incredible deals at Supergo.com. I go ahead and put my order online(Same day). I decide to splurge on 2 day delivery so it would get on time. Later, I get an email confirming my purchase and tracking number. Well, today I decide to check my order and guess what? four out of five items I ordered were discontinued or back ordered! And they had already shipped the lonely item (the one I didn't put the rush order for) at the premium shipping price! I wouldn't be so ****** off(maybe I would) at them, but the only other time I placed an order with them, the item was also on backorder. Needless to say I cancelled the entire freaking order!

What'supwiththat? They deliberately show items which are discontinued at a great low price apparently to suck you into buying multiple stuff.

Man that's bull!

Yeah - one time I ordered some stuff with speedy delivery and added one power bar to the order - they FedEx'ed the freakin powerbar to me and backordered the really important stuff (can't even remember what it was now). I wrote a letter and they refunded the shipping and gave me a gift cert.

Thanks for the head's up...I've ordered from Performance and Nashbar and it's been good...never ordered from Supergo and I don't think I will now.

JoseM said:
Thanks for the head's up...I've ordered from Performance and Nashbar and it's been good...never ordered from Supergo and I don't think I will now.

Actually my story was for Performance, not Supergo. Stuff happens but Pefrormance at least took care of the financial hit. I would have ordered from somewhere else though if I knew I wasn't going to get what I wanted in time.

JoseM said:
They're all the same company, FWIW. I've ordered items shown as 'in stock' on the webpage, only to have them become 'discontinued' by the time my order was ready to ship. I called a Cust. Service rep and she told me that the webpage availability is only updated daily, and sometimes those super-duper specials sell out quickly as the orders are being processed. Again, FWIW.

frenchyge said:
They're all the same company, FWIW. I've ordered items shown as 'in stock' on the webpage, only to have them become 'discontinued' by the time my order was ready to ship. I called a Cust. Service rep and she told me that the webpage availability is only updated daily, and sometimes those super-duper specials sell out quickly as the orders are being processed. Again, FWIW.
Yep, they are all the same company, and I'm done with them all. Have discovered I much prefer to buy at one of the LBS here, where I can look at the item, try it on, and walk out with my stuff in hand.

They have closeout sales and discounts too: picked up a Nike and LG jersey at a 40% off fall sale. Have found the cost of tires and chains isn't really any different either.

Guess I may miss out on some really fantastic bargains, but that's OK with me. I skip the aggrievation, and get to support my LBS. Have gotten fine help on mechanical problems too, so I value having them in business.

Quit complaining, you get what you pay for. You want it NOW, then walk into your LBS and pay premium bucks. You wanna wait and save a few bucks, then do the mail order route. Next thing ya know we'll see you posting about the high prices in your LBS. Can't have your cake and eat it too (never understood what that meant)!

I've dealt with all 3 places (yup, same company, even their customer srvice line messes up the greeting). Great deals, but some stuff does get backordered and it is Christmas time ya know. Rarely do I have a "need it asap" moment so It's worth the wait. In stock stuff usually comes within a week, but I have had to cancel backorders after a couple of months.

Guess the legit beef is that you didn't know it was backordered when you ordered it. That's more a function of their inventory control system not being real time.

I love the closeouts and returns section on Nashbar. Have scored some great deals there, especially when using coupons. I also tend to stock up on NOS bargains when available like the Conti Ultra 2000 wire bead tires they had for $10 each once upon a time. I'm set for years now and will not need to make any emergency runs to the bike shop to buy $30 tires when one of them gets cut.

I've always liked Nashbar but don't care so much for Performance or SuperGo, even though they are all owned by the same holding company.

JensonUSA has some great NOS and OE pull deals too.
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/RD707A04-Shimano+Xt+M750+Rear+Derailleur.aspx

capwater said:
Quit complaining, you get what you pay for. You want it NOW, then walk into your LBS and pay premium bucks. You wanna wait and save a few bucks, then do the mail order route. Next thing ya know we'll see you posting about the high prices in your LBS. Can't have your cake and eat it too (never understood what that meant)!

I've dealt with all 3 places (yup, same company, even their customer srvice line messes up the greeting). Great deals, but some stuff does get backordered and it is Christmas time ya know. Rarely do I have a "need it asap" moment so It's worth the wait. In stock stuff usually comes within a week, but I have had to cancel backorders after a couple of months.

Guess the legit beef is that you didn't know it was backordered when you ordered it. That's more a function of their inventory control system not being real time.
That's bull man! You get an email announcement for a product and it's already discontinued? Backordered perhaps , but discontinued?? Smells to me like bait and switch. Then they have the gall to send me a confirmation email with ALL the freaking products listed and charged??? Not even a mention of.. "yo! this product does not really exist!" Sorry meathead waiting was not the issue......

dhk said:
Yep, they are all the same company, and I'm done with them all. Have discovered I much prefer to buy at one of the LBS here, where I can look at the item, try it on, and walk out with my stuff in hand.
I agree with that, especially supporting the local businesses who support the races, teams, and club rides in the area. My only gripe is that the LBSs tend to only carry the namebrand clothing, which seems horribly overpriced compared to the cheap knockoffs available online. I just can't afford to spend $50-60 for a PI jersey, when the $19 Performance special will do for most of my training rides.

frenchyge said:
I agree with that, especially supporting the local businesses who support the races, teams, and club rides in the area. My only gripe is that the LBSs tend to only carry the namebrand clothing, which seems horribly overpriced compared to the cheap knockoffs available online. I just can't afford to spend $50-60 for a PI jersey, when the $19 Performance special will do for most of my training rides.
Same here. One LBS owner heads up our race division, supports our club century, gives a discount to club members, and honest, no BS reviews and recommendations. Another gives us free storage for our 15 coolers, banners and rest stop boxes, plus quick repair support. I like to give them a little business in return.

Agree they do sell the higher-priced clothing, and that online stuff is OK for most rides. Have to say though, the more I ride, the more willing I am to pay for the good stuff, and the more critical I've become on fit and durability. Last bargain Nashbar shorts I bought for $30 lasted about 10 rides/wash cycles before the pad stitching came apart. So, on a cost/ride basis, these weren't cheap at all. Not up to the level of $150 PI or $200+ Assos bibs yet....but there are guys I ride with who tell me they are actually worth the money in terms of comfort and durability.

Sad you had that experience ording from them. Even though they are "the same company" they are apparently different divisions that do things differently. If O order from Performance or Nashbar, I wont expect it for two weeks, even with 2nd day delivery. Havent had a shipping isssue with Supergo yet. Infact, I ordered a MTB frame and a a couple other things from them on Tuesday. They delivered Sat. Not bad.

Pricepoint and Jenson are my favorites, tho. Hands down.

I had the worst experience at the Supergo retail stores in SoCal when I was brand new to cycling several years ago. I had absolutely no idea about bikes, fit, components, or anything. A complete and total noob.

I went to the Supergo because they were just down the street. Long story short, their salesperson (and that is exactly what he was), sold me on a K2 bike with a compact frame that equated to a 56 cm, as opposed to the 52 that I ended up having to buy a short time later.

The net impact was that I wasted over $1000 on an entry-level bike that was completely mis-sized, and wasn't even that great of a bike in the first place. Of course, Supergo wouldn't do anything to help.

Supergo is the devil!!! They are the bike equivalent of K-Mart owning a used car dealership.