SuperGo Weyless Ultra frame recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slash

Just saw this on supergo's website, thought I'd post it in case anyone has one or knows
someone who does.

Full text, apologies if it messes up, I just copied out of the PDF and pasted it:

---------------------

Voluntary recall of “Weyless Ultra” aluminum mountain bike frames post until 6/15/03 Recall Hotline:
800-954-4245 M-F 8am to 4:30pm Fax: 800-576-0221 [email protected] www.supergo.com In
cooperation with the U.S. CPSC, Supergo Corp. of Santa Monica CA is voluntarily recalling 159
“Weyless Ultra” aluminum mountain bike frames. These frames were sold through Supergo stores and
catalogs between August 15, 2001 and August 31, 2002. The retail price for the frame was $299.
Supergo has had four reports of breakages of the top and down tubes of the frame. No injuries have
been reported. A photograph of the recalled frame (shown with a sample fork and seatpost) is below.
The frame is matte black in color with a yellow sticker on the down tube that says “Weyless” and one
on the top tube that says “Ultra”. The serial number is located on the bottom of the bottom bracket
and the range recalled is PG1210201 through PG1210400. It was sold in sizes 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”and
22”. If you have this frame, stop using it immediately and contact Supergo customer service at the
numbers above for replacement and return instructions on the frame.You will be provided with a newly
designed Weyless Ultra frame free of charge. If you bought the frame for a friend or family member
who does not live with you, or if you have sold the frame to someone, please advise us of their name
and address immediately so that we can send them this notice. If you know of anyone who bought the
frame, or may be using it, please let us know their name and address as well so that we can send
this notice. Supergo apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause you, however we are concerned
for your safety. It is therefore very important that you act upon this information immediately, as
others who do not receive this notice may be relying upon you. Color photo of recalled Weyless Ultra
frame (pictured with fork, stem, and seatpost sold separately)

---------------------

PDF is here: http://www.supergo.com/pdffiles/recall.pdf?cvar1=8%2F1%2F2003+2%3A00%3A19+AM

Has a pic of the frame.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion

Yeah, I saw one of those broken frames in person, and I have to say I've never seen anything like
it. You'll never guess how much the guy weighed and what he was using the bike for.

-John Morgan

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:39:08 -0700, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> scribbled:

>Yeah, I saw one of those broken frames in person, and I have to say I've never seen anything like
>it. You'll never guess how much the guy weighed and what he was using the bike for.
>
>-John Morgan

130lbs, JRA? Too obvious? :)

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion

Status
Not open for further replies.